Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 2: Aariv vs Herc Keido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 2: Aariv vs Herc Keido

Aariv stands triumphant over his opponent, though he has foregone grabbing the artifact piece, and instead let his opponent walk away with it. Herc has finished engaging with Shigo Seikatsu in an intellectually stimulating discussion of the greater points of morality and people's place in the world, he missed out on the artifact, but knows that this next location holds yet another. The both of them do. The both of them know each other very well. With the next piece of the artifact in limbo, will the holder be decided from tensions boiling over?

Last edited by Goddess Ultimecia; 12-06-2020, 10:25 AM.

It didn't take long for Aariv to arrive to his destination, given a hefty amount of guidance to the next location where his next battle was supposed to be both by the organizers' distant voices and Sleipnir's divination. Finding himself on the side of the valley occupied by a statue of one Madara Uchiha. Dismounting from Sleipnir, patting the mythical beast on the back as it then quickly left through a tear in reality. Aariv planted his feet upon the fingertips of the massive formation.

Aariv's eyes focused down on a man he was very familiar with on the other side of the valley. Mirrored to him.

"Hercules Keido, a pleasure to meet you so soon into this tournament. It is not often that people of our bloodlines meet in battle, one could say that us clashing is as much birthright as it is chance." Aariv wasted no time, letting seeds flow from his hands down into the valley, then tossing them around as far around as he could. Planting his methods of attack and defense before the battle had even begun.

"Before we begin Hercules, tell me, is the Tzeentchian Cultist Ash, the one that troubled your Father and Chapter Master Ignus, under your call? They have made quite the impression, and have even managed to swipe a piece of the artifact from underneath my nose. It is as concerning to you as it is for me, should they be under your call, atleast then I can be assured that the ruinous powers have not weaved a plot with this potential power."

Comment

Herc stepped through the portal from Whiterun when he saw Shigo also leave. It was apparent that the Hosts had gotten what they wanted from this match. When Herc left the portal, he found himself at a great gorge with a river running through it, with two grand statues on either side. Herc knew immediately where he was. And when he heard his name spoken, his hand clenched, and the stones around him trembled. "Aariv......So you are here too...."

Aariv then asked a question, spoken in the usual politeness he had always given Herc and Daemon. Somehow that made him even more infuriating to Herc. Still, he answered his question. "She's not one of ours, no. We weren't aware she had slipped from 40K, but knowing that will be useful. I'd thank you for that information......if you hadn't backstabbed Equilibrium."
      A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"A soft spot for you still, I had imagined time would mend that wound. Though I should not be surprised, given you still bear the destruction of your academy on your heart like a scar. Failure is always a touchy subject is it not?" Aariv raised his arm to the sky, letting Zantetsuken float into another rip in reality, soon the almighty blade disappearing.

"There's no point in hiding it, I did not come here seeking the same prize as you by chance. I knew of your planned entry long ago, and I entered this tournament with the plan of disrupting you and any other potential Equillibrium agents. No doubt you are in the process of planting the seeds of recruitment, it's a process I know all too well."

Comment

"And I have no doubt you intend to take some aid for yourself, where you may find it prudent or especially useful. But honestly I don't care, because I am still gonna do what I promised I would do if I saw you again, Aariv. I AM going to bury you inside the planet."

Herc's arm tensed and the arm of Madara Uchiha rose with sudden violence to crush Aariv, far faster than earth and rock and stone had any right to move. Of course, Herc expected that move to not really harm or even touch Aariv, which was why his other hand tensed and foot-wide pillars of rock erupted all around Aariv at different angles, all seeking to spear through him via brute force rather than using a sharpened point.

It went without saying that Herc was a little pissed at the moment, even as he held it in check. Not many Keidos had better control of their anger than Herc. But that just meant his was one of the more explosive when roused.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

As the arm quickly rose in an attempt to crush Aariv, Aariv responded in kind. The arm of Hashirama Senju rising in mirror in an attempt to crush Herc as well. Though Aariv knew that it was likely not enough force to crush Herc. He then focused his efforts on using the other arm of the Madara carving to catch the other arm before it could reach him. Before Herc's offense could be fully enacted, a vine sprung from the cliff side and yanked Aariv away from the barrage, now feet planted near the water before its fall.

"It's a shame that you fall into the same cycle that perpetuates itself between our families. You see, when I act, it's not to spite you or any of your kin. Yet it seems your family can do nothing but act as such. That my goals come counter to yours is coincidence, not by design. Had you not been part of Equillibrium, I'd of still acted the same. Is it not tragic?" Aariv however did not respond further in attack, instead motioning Herc to come meet him.

"I know it's not simply enough to defeat me from distance, our animalistic desires feed on fighting the way we were evolved to do. Even as I stand, I cannot help but feel potential thrill in fighting you in as close a range as possible. Humour me this atleast if you intend to bury me. Consider it a death wish."

Comment

Herc all but shrugged off the stone hand that came to smite him, letting it break against him like a wave against a tall cliff. The stone shattered like glass, leaving the Lycan untouched. "It wasn't the Keidos that drew first blood all those years ago, Aariv. Nor has it been every time since. Your actions may not be driven to spite us, but you will not be able to deny that it has done so. People died because of your choices, people who didn't need to."

Herc leaped down straight off the top of the statue, landing in the shallows of the waterfall's pool, looking up to Aariv now. "I can see why the Hosts chose this place for us. So fitting, given its own history. Two members of a family, once allies stronger than steel.....now splintered apart by the vagaries of a war that seems to have no end in sight. Except this was once a symbol to prove it was possible to have peace. Between the two of us.....it WILL be reduced to rubble, broken in a fight that has echoed through eternity."

Herc walked ahead as he shifted, his full size casting a not-inconsiderable shadow on the ground in the late afternoon. "There was a time we were all brothers. Maybe someday in the future it will be true again. Until then......" Herc's hands flexed as his claws shined in the light. ".......It seems we are fated to fight, Son of the Leonhearts."

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Fated to fight..." Aariv began walking forward, cracking his knuckles and then his neck.

"I have no need of this then." Aariv said as he grasped the golden facemask protecting his face, letting it float into the sky to the same place where Zantetsuken now rested. His face revealed, not entirely different from Kaishi in the face. More aged features, and bearing Sorceress marks much like his Mother. For Herc, this would be the first time he'd see Aariv's face. The first time anyone had seen his face.

"Hercules, this is not the only feud my blood has with yours. Know that while I respect you, I boil from within, I bear the mark of my Mother on my body, and the blood of my Father within. Should either of us fall here, consider it a matter of respect that I allow you to see my face, and take that secret to your grave, whether you fall here or not." Aariv then followed up by removing his cape from around his shoulders, letting it fall into the water and float down to the drop.

"If you require my head, then beat it unrecognizable. I offer your body the same hospitality!" Aariv would say as he'd get close enough to throw out a strike with an enclosed fist for Herc's jaw.

Comment

Herc easily saw the punch coming in. It wasn't like Aariv was doing much to hide his intent. It was meant to be a single brutal blow, meant to make a man fall to his knees with a shattered jaw. And on any other day it likely would.

It was unfortunate it was on Herc, as all it did was make his head snap to the side five inches. "Hm. Not a bad hit. You definitely have Leonheart in your blood with a warmup like that. But you need more than that."

Herc snarled and rose his leg into a brutal kneestrike right into Aariv's chest, putting every put of force into the blow that he could muster. Had this been a more friendly sparring match Herc would likely have chosen to work up to this level of violence, but he knew that because he was a Leonheart that Aariv wouldn't be severely injured from the one hit.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

As the knee crashed into Aariv's chest with enough force to lift him off the ground and land on a knee. Though no noise of pain came from his mouth, Aariv's body had long undergone apotheosis. Pain was a feeling long removed. He looked up from the ground as he used his knee to rise into an uppercut. Hit or miss, he would then use the downward momentum in an attempt to axehandle Herc over the head and then attempt a leg sweep.

Wiping his mouth as he'd back up several feet. He'd begin talking again.

"Combat like this is not my forte. But as you know, I sacrificed knowledge of the entire world so that I could be strong in this department. Vested within me are generations of previous beings that once held the mantle of Odin..." Aariv's hands would then begin emanating an orange aura, tinged purple with his sorceress ancestry.

"When you fight me Herc, know, that there will never be another like me. Unlike others, I sacrificed my most precious memories and techniques for my power." The ground began to shake underneath his feet, his expression changing into a clenched jaw as pure vile entered his eyes.

"I came to realize almost too late that it didn't matter how many spells I could cast, what catastrophes I could prevent with a ward. I even had to learn the hard way from my Mother that fate is a cruel mistress. There's nothing one can do against the woven threads of a god. That even when gods do not exist, there is always a force outside meddling. You want to know my motivations Hercules? I do not steal from Equillibrium's storages to intentionally kill its members. I do not protect individuals outside of their worlds from agents for the thrill of combat. I do it so I can protect every individual that escapes hell only to be pressed by a force masquerading as balance, but only acts to enforce domination. You have your eyes so set on what you believe to be balance that you become something else. You are an oppressor, not a necessity."

"My Father fell into the dark because you withheld information from him that you deemed too dangerous for his knowledge, my Mother falls as she attempts to break the cycle that keeps her bound to an eternity of pain. Do you know how it feels for your Mother to not even recognize your face Hercules? Should you not have one, consider yourself fortunate that you do not have to bare that pain. Consider that this is only my experience, how many more people have been squashed out under Equillibrium's heel?"

"Even so... my heart is not in it for their plight. I act strictly from my own pain, I only use the others as justification to keep me going. My heart falters, time does mend wounds, and several times I'e found out in my heart to forgive, and yet, each and every time, something happens that reignites that flame. The last straw Hercules, was when I had received word that my brother, Kaishi had been struck down by your sister, Abbey Keido. That is when I knew that there could be no compromise, there could be no forgiveness. That is when I took up the blade of Zantetsuken. I allowed myself to be fundamentally changed. I knew that there could be no talking it out, that your family could not be reasoned with. With my spells I stood no chance, so I traded them for ultimate might." Aariv's eyes then shifted to a fiery red.

"As much as I speak of birthrights, my power is not from my family, I traded that point of pride to ensure that I could strike you or any of the Horsemen down. This Hercules, is a power born of sacrifice..." Aariv then stepped forward again, unleashing a wild haymaker for Herc's jaw. Aimed In the same spot he had tagged Herc previously.

"I WILL BREAK YOU!!!"

Comment

Herc's eyes went cold with anger and instead of simply taking the next punch like he had planned, he suddenly ducked under it with far more speed than most knew he was capable of, gripping Aariv by his throat before raising back up to his full height and suddenly slamming the Leonheart back down in a vicious Uranagi takedown, driving his forearm into Aariv's throat over and over as he spoke in a growling, vicious tone. "NEVER. Speak. About. My mother!"

Herc reached down to grasp Aariv by his face, heaving him into the cliffwall in front of the Lycan, true anger in his eyes. There is very good odds Aariv has never actually seen Herc angry before. Of his family, he was the one most likely to keep his head about him in pretty much all events. Even Dae lost his temper more often than Herc did.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Aariv crashed into the cliffwall, indenting into it several feet. His body making a clear impression on the rest as the edges of his outlined impression cracked, the rock and earth there becoming unstable. Aariv looked back into Herc's eyes, shaking his head.

"Is that all your anger can bring you?" The cliffwall would then bend to Aariv's will as he forced it to expunge him from the gap, flying right towards Herc, intent on shoulder checking him at the waist level.

Comment

Herc saw the rush coming in, snarling in effort as he ran at the same time, rolling over Aariv's shoulder when the Leonheart brought it down to tackle him with it, skidding to a stop as his voice went cold. "You have not begun to see the limits my anger can bring me to, Aariv."

Herc slowly began to circle Aariv, hands at the ready for the next clash. Unlike his sister Abbey, Herc was one not to rush an enemy and constantly attack them endlessly. He struck a more defensive nature, but one that allowed him the capacity to counterstrike with the force of an earthquake when the time was right. And with Aariv, he'd need all that mindfulness. This wasn't the kind of person he could simply break over his knee and be done with it, and acting as if he was would only cause Herc issues.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Do you intend to wait for me to attack Hercules? May it be the last mistake you make." Aariv's arm extended to the side, hand waiting patiently as nearby loose stone and earth compelled themselves to his palm, smashing and formulating with each other into a small shiv. Though at first glance, this seemed a makeshift weapon in an attempt to stab Herc. Even Herc had to have known that such a thing would be a foolish bit, Aariv was in position of some of the Multiverse's most sacred and coveted weapons, many of the like consisting of swords and daggers. Stooping to the use of archaic amalgamations was desperation, and as far as he knew, Aariv still held his collection tightly.

In one swift movement, Aariv jabbed the shiv into his other palm, directly in the center, blood spurting out and dripping from the sides of his hands. And then, taking the shiv into the other hand, he'd then jab the shiv into his other palm. None of Aariv's expressions changed, Just that same look of murder in his eyes.

But at this point he had stabbed himself with nothing to show for it, what was the point of it? That, was revealed soon after. Seeds falling into the wounds he had created. Intent on using his body as the fertile soil and water that the seeds needed to sprout into the strong and durable vines he employed in his use so liberally.

"Tell me Hercules... you speak of your anger, but how far are you willing to go to see to it that the one that has caused you grief pays for it?" As Aariv says this, the ground around them sprouts several fast moving vines, each moving for one of Hercules' four limbs. Should they successfully manage to wrap him in their grip, Aariv would then point his palms at Herc. Letting two vines shoot forth for his neck, intent on wrapping themselves around to strangle him. Their tightening like a vice grip, followed by Aariv's body convulsing as currents of electricity would flow from his own body into Herc's.

Comment

As Aariv spoke, dust swirled around Herc, slowly coating his fur. "We all make mistakes, Aariv. It makes us what we are." At the distance they were at, Aariv was unlikely to note the glittering of the dust itself. Aariv seemed intent on constantly using the vines he grew to hold Herc down. Herc's arms and legs were suddenly lashed down by the vines, his eyes snapping to the vine that quickly ensnared his neck. The grip was becoming almost too tight to speak and the electric shocks made it even harder to speak than usual, but even still, Herc growled out his answer to Aariv. "My......willingness.......is......"

Herc suddenly flexed his fingers as the diamond dust that coated his body swirled around his follices that shared space with the vines, slowly grinding them away, speaking more clearly as he stamped his foot, with more dust suddenly kicking up. ".....as inexorable as the sand dunes." The rockfaces pulverized as Herc's hands clenched, and just as the vines around his body sheered away, the dust and sand surrounding the two fighters became a constant wave of pressure upon Aariv, shifting in a cycle to constantly sandblast his face and body. Herc would erode the man piece by piece, if that is what was neccessary.

"You will not break me, Aariv. The mountain will outlast the the storm whose rain weathers it down. Not even Odin survived Fenris. And fate has given you another great wolf to face against."

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Working...
                              X