Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Clash: Hunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Yes and no", Gurindai answered while walking alongside Gaute. "These people are alive but they're awaiting the time where they reincarnate to get back to the human world.". Gaute was surprised by this. "Gjenfødelse? Lurer på hvordan minner funker?", Gaute thought to himself as they were walking. "Mind your businesses, already! Shoo!", he said and chased some of them away, as they were getting too close. "Now, follow me. We'll be going to the 12th division. They're the techy guys so I'm sure they have something to contact Faeris.", he explained as they walked towards through a town. Gaute had decided to stay quiet while he was here, he was already in disbelief, and awe, that a place like this could exist.
    Eventually they reached a tall building which was guarded with a tall wooden gate. It was unlike anything Gaute had ever seen; Primitive, yet it felt safer than anything found on Earth. Gurindai knocked several times on the wooden gate and it didn't take long before an answer rung out. "Yes, yes, we're coming!", a soft voice said with authority. The gate opened and a young lady stepped outside. She had long black hair and was naturally attractive to Gaute, he almost felt flustered despite being married. She was also wearing the same outfit as Gurindai. "Gurindai Kokorosuke, former vice captain of the 1st division, welcome," she formally addressed him and very quickly glanced at Gaute. Gurindai muttered something when she spoke to him, now he seemed flustered. "Nemu Kurotsuchi, Lieutenant of the 12th division.", she said as if reminding him. "Ah, right. Nemu.", Gurindai confirmed he had heard her. "Now, we're here for a reason... Is uh, Captain Mayuri there? We need him for a moment.", Gurindai requested. "Lord Mayuri isn't accepting visitors at the moment. You'll have to ask for an invitation at a later date.", she said denying his request. She was already going back inside the gate, closing it, when Gurindai interjected. "H-Hold on! Just this once, please?". He was almost begging at this point.
    "What do you want to do with Lord Mayuri?". Nemu Kurotsuchi seemed out of patience. She turned to look at Gaute once again. "Is it the ryoka?", she said. Gaute hadn't said anything until this point, but felt like he couldn't keep his mouth shut anymore as this was spoken in a degrading tone. "Ryoka? What's the supposed to mean? If you want to insult me, do it to my face.", he challenged the young-looking soul reaper.

Gjenfødelse? Lurer på hvordan minner funker? = Rebirth? I wonder how memories work?
    Last edited by Emmeth; 22-01-2020, 12:52 PM.

Comment

"I, uh," Gurindai interjected as tension was rising between Gaute and Nemu, "Don't worry, he's not a ryoka. I brought him with me." He told Nemu before he turned to Gaute, "Ryoka is a term we use for people who aren't alligned with Soul Society," Gurindai explained. "Usually, they're invaders or intruders. She called you Ryoka because you're unlike the rest of the people living here, in Rukongai." He said. "Now, we're not going to take too much of your and Captain Mayuri's time, we just need to use some of your machines that you guys have. This is all for the good of soul society, right?" He asked Gaute.

"No. Thank you for visiting." Nemu said as she would close the gate, however, a voice was heard behind her. "Oh my, it seems I step out of my cave to breath some air only to find rather noisy specimens." He said, he was a man wearing a lab coat, his face was in black and white, and he had blue hair with a rather strange haircut. "L-Lord Mayuri." Nemu said as she turned to him. "Nemu, didn't I order you to stop wasting time when talking to strangers?" He scolded her with a rather cold tone. He then looked at Gurindai and Gaute, "Oh, if it isn't the ex-lieutenant of Yamamoto's division. You still look as dumb as ever," Mayuri said. "I..." Gurindai muttered before he tsked. He wanted to say something, but Mayuri was above him in rank; He was the captain of the 12th division and was higher in rank than Gurindai ever was. "And his friend, the Ryoka," Mayuri glanced at Gaute. He then took a closer look at Gaute and realized something was off about him. "Oh, interesting specimen," Mayuri muttered to himself.

"So, since you've taken some of my time, It doesn't hurt to listen to what you want," Mayuri said with the grin of a madman, "So, speak up now."

Comment

Gurindai seemed eager to end the tension right away and addressed Nemu. "Don't worry, he's not a ryoka. I brought him with me.", he said and turned to speak directly to Gaute. "Ryoka is a term we use for people who aren't aligned with Soul Society.", he began explaining. "Usually, they are invaders or intruders. She called you Ryoka because you're unlike the rest of the people living here, in Rukongai.", he finished. Then he spoke to Nemu again. "Now, we're not going to take too much of your and Captain Mayuri's time, we just need to use some of your machines that you guys have. This is all for the good of soul society, right?". Her expression had not changed since Gaute had spoken to her, Nemu was pretty clear about what she did and didn't want to allow.

"No. Thank you for visiting.", Nemu said as she started closing the door, then a man came walking behind her. "Oh my, it seems I step out of my cave to breath some air only to find rather noisy specimens.", the man, wearing a lab coat, said as he approached. He was rather unusual in the way he looked almost as if he was wearing a mask of black and white. His hair was blue aswell and he had a haircut Gaute was sure would be popular among young girls on Earth. "L-lord Mayuri...", Nemu said in an embarrassed fashion. "Nemu, didn't I order you to stop wasting time when talking to strangers?", he said directly to her, it seemed to Gaute almost as if he would reprimand her. He then looked up at the two 'strangers'. "Oh, if it isn't the ex-lieutenant of Yamamoto's division. You still look as dumb as ever.", the captain said. Gaute was tempted to punch him for that, but was sure that would cause more trouble than worth their time. "I...", Gurindai began but silenced himself. "And his friend, the Ryoka.", Captain Mayuri said and looked at Gaute. He seemed mildly interested now. "Denne fyren gir meg gåsehud...", Gaute thought to himself. "Oh, interesting specimen.", he said to himself, surprising Gaute. "Hva er så interessant med meg? Han må da ha sett hundrevis av mennesker før?", Gaute thought.

"So, since you've taken some of my time, it doesn't hurt to listen to what you want.", Mayuri said, addressing Gaute specifically. "So, speak up now.".
        "I am looking for someone and I didn't have the means to find this person on Earth. I'm not even entirely sure which universe he's from or even if he's alive.", Gaute answered. He looked at Nemu who was too embarrassed to look up. "His name is Faeris and he's apparently a warlock.", Gaute finished, now expecting some answers from the captain.

Denne fyren gir meg gåsehud = This guy gives me the creeps
        Hva er så interessant med meg? Han må da ha sett hundrevis av mennesker før? = What's so interesting about me? He must've seen hundreds of humans before?

Comment

"How boring." Mayuri said in response, "I thought you would ask for something far more interesting...like being my guinea pig." He told Gaute. "But this is nonetheless fascinating, different universes and alternate realities, still not...my cup of tea." Mayuri said as he turned around. "Nemu, take them to the communications center. I'll give you people ten minutes best, otherwise, I hope you'll be ready to help me in my experiments."

"As you wish, Lord Mayuri." Nemu said as she opened the gate and began to head to a building. "We better hurry," Gurindai spoke with Gaute, "Who knows what Captain Mayuri might do with us if we take too long, and I don't care enough to find out." Gurindai said as he followed after Nemu. Eventually, they had entered a room full of machines beeping and monitors flashing, showing the various parts of Soul Society. The transition would be jarring for Gaute, the last minutes he'd been from a place that looked he went a centuries back, now it would seem like he had leapt into the future by a few centuries, too.

Nemu would extend her arms towards the biggest machine in the room; it looked like a supercomputer, and it was operated by several people wearing labcoats. "You may communicate with this Faeris you seek." She told them.

"Alright, let's go-" Gurindai said before he was interrupted by sudden bleeping. "We're getting a message!" One of the persons operating the machine said. "It comes from an unknown source! Shall we accept it or deny it?"

"...It couldn't be Faeris, could it?" Gurindai went. "Let's see what this message is." Gurindai said. "Roger." The man replied as he pressed a button. Static noise was heard, it rumbled through the entire room, before the noise suppressed and things were cleaner.

"'To those who remember my voice and my mind..." A voice echoed from the monitor, Gurindai and Gaute would no doubt hear it." ..seek me out that we may aid each other."

"Gaute...This is..Faeris' voice, isn't it?" He asked him. "Can we reply to him?"

"We're not sure, but, perhaps it's worth a try." The people operating the machine said, "We've activated input mode! You may go and speak now."

"This is it, Gaute," Gurindai told him. "Try to speak with Faeris and see if he can hear you."

Comment

Two... Two people, Eve and Jane. Worse yet was hearing it... That fight in the forest, if she had somehow acted differently, maybe he'd have had that body instead of taking two more innocent people. Their logic was sound but it was not something Naomi could ever accept, lives weren't like math... And yet they were already spent, enacting justice would just be killing another person... Eventually Sigoi turned the conversation back to the current events and Naomi snapped out of the guilt she felt. How Sigoi could take two bodies even of twins and make them fit so well was... frightening...

"I didn't bring you here." She simply said, "Back when we first met, I came because a felt a disturbance in the... The world." She said, trying to describe this in a way that didn't just sound like a hunch. "Something was hurting it. I thought it was Uorag, that... Undead monster of a wolf. But I kept feeling it even after Uorag had changed. And I followed it again, it brought me out of the milky way, and... Somehow to here." She said, trying to summarize her own experience as quickly as possible. "And I flew around.... Looking for the problem until I came across you." She looked around "Honestly this place doesn't make any more sense from the air than it does here. She said, taking a better look at her surroundings, as she had passed a desert not too long ago, with not so much as a hill in between or a continuous river to justify any plant growth.

"...How..." She was going to ask how many bodies Sigoi goes through, but didn't ask. It'd only make it harder to deal with.

A moment of silence from her ensued before her ears perked as she turned around quietly saying "the warlock?" Before looking around, then back at Eve and Jane's body, piloted by Sigoi, and the house... "I think I might know someone who may have caused this." She thought aloud. Sigoi she didn't like, and Faeris was on her side but the way he tore open reality? What if that had ramifications? What if it made this? What if he was the source and not Uorag? A warlock with incredible power using energy from a different dimension... It made sense to Naomi at any rate.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

"How boring.", the captain said to Gaute. "I thought you would ask for something far more interesting...like being my guinea pig.", he continued, in an attempt to scare Gaute no doubt. "But this is nonetheless fascinating, different universes and alternate realities, still not... my cup of tea.", he finished and turned around. "Nemu, take them to the communications center. I'll give you people ten minutes best, otherwise I hope you'll be ready to help me in my experiments.", he said and began walking away. "Frekk jævel. Min oppfatning er at han ikke har noe her å gjøre.", Gaute thought to himself.
              "As you wish, Lord Mayuri.", the young soul reaper said, opened the gate all the way and headed towards a building. "We better hurry. Who knows what Captain Mayuri might do with us if we take too long, and I don't care enough to find out.", Gurindai urged Gaute, who nodded in agreement. They both followed after Nemu who was way on her way already.

Not many minutes later they entered a room full of computers, which seemed very flashy and high-tech. Gaute was not a technological man but he could tell this was way more advanced than anything on Earth. Nemu was in front of what seemed to be the biggest computer in the room, along with several scientists, Gaute would guess. "You may communicate with this Faeris you seek.", the said to them. Gurindai approached the machine first. "Alright, let's go-", he said before the computer made noise. "We're getting a message!", one of the scientists said. He turned to face Nemu. "It comes from an unknown source! Shall we accept it or deny it?", he asked waiting instructions. Nemu looked at Gurindai to signal that he was in charge. "It couldn't be Faeris, could it?", he said. "Let's see what this message is.", he addressed the man at the computer. "Roger.", the scientist said and pressed a button on the computer.

"To those who remember my voice and my mind, seek my out that we may aid each other.", the message was spoken out loud from the computer. The voice was unmistakable, despite meeting Faeris only once Gaute knew it belonged to Faeris. "Gaute, this is Faeris' voice, isn't it?", Gurindai asked. "Can we reply to him?". The scientist seemed unsure, as if this wasn't protocol. "We're not sure but perhaps it's worth a try.", he responded. "We've activated input mode! You may go and speak now.". Gurindai looked at Gaute. "This is it, Gaute. Try to speak with Faeris and see if he can hear you.", he said.

Gaute looked at Gurindai. "This involves you too. I don't know if you need to clear it with your supervisors but Faeris is addressing all of us. You, me, Star Guardian, perhaps even the creature inside Eve on the space station. This is your world, you are in charge; You respond to him and tell him you're here with me.", Gaute explained to Gurindai. It was his move. This was it and it seemed that Faeris was looking for them too. Gaute had never believed in it, but this seemed like fate.

Frekk jævel. Min oppfatning er at han ikke har noe her å gjøre. = Rude fucker. My impression is that he shouldn't be here.

Comment

"Involves me?" Gurindai asked. "Hold on a second. What the hell is this whole thing about and why am I involved." Gurindai asked before he sighed. "Alright, fine, I'll speak with him." Gurindai said, however, out of a sudden, the computer would break. "Woah!" The scientists in charge of the machine were taken aback. Gurindai was somewhat suprised but yet, he still felt something on his mind, and he realized. "Oh, I forgot he has trained in some of the soul reapers art. I can tell this is Bakudo #77, Tenteikura." Gurindai said, "This whole trip was for nothing, Gaute. But you've earned yourself a trip to Soul Society I suppose." Gurindai told him, before he closed his eyes. "Faeris? It's me, Gurindai," He spoke. "I can hear you loud and clear. And I see you need help. I'm with Gaute right now, and he has been seeking you."

Comment

"Involves me?", Gurindai said seeming almost upset. "Hold on a second. What the hell is this whole thing about and why am I involved?", he asked before letting out a sigh. "Alright, fine. I'll speak with him.", he said having made up his mind, though the machine suddenly made some funny noises and the screen went black. Gaute raised his eyebrows in surprise and took a step back. "Woah!", one of the scientists by the computer exclaimed. Gurindai was less surprised than all others in the room, maybe with the exception of Nemu who seemed ready to blame the whole thing on them. "Oh, I forgot he has trained in some of the soul reapers art. I can tell this is Bakudo #77, Tenteikura.", Gurindai said, all which sounded like gibberish to Gaute. "This whole trip was for nothing, Gaute. But you've earned yourself a trip to Soul Society I suppose.", Gurindai continued as he looked at Gaute and then closed his eyes. "Faeris? It's me, Gurindai. I can hear you loud and clear and and I see you need help. I'm with Gaute right now, and he has been seeking you.", he spoke out into the room.

"Faeris har evnen til å lese tanker, så kanskje dette vil funke også?", Gaute thought and decided to speak up aswell. "Faeris, it's urgent I speak to you. I can't be sure you can hear this, and indeed I can't be sure my feelings are accurate when it comes to this; I think this is the matter of securing the stability of alternate universes. Ever since being on a space station, where I met Gurindai, things have been moving quite quickly for me. What was 1 month for Star Guardian was mere hours for me since a time displacement event.", Gaute explained out into the room right after Gurindai spoke. "I... I want to be recruited...", Gaute said a little hesitantly, hoping for an answer that could lead him to Faeris.

Faeris har evnen til å lese tanker, så kanskje dette vil funke også? = Faeris has the ability to read thoughts, so maybe this will work too?
                  Last edited by Emmeth; 25-01-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Faeris smiled as he nodded to himself, speaking to both Gurindai and Gaute together. "Yes, I suspected as much myself. I will let my mind be a beacon to guide your transportation here. Does Soul Society still have access to Equilibrium sensor frequencies? I can tie in my transport coordinates with Seireitei Transport Services. However, the trip may not be as smooth as possible so allow for some....discomfort during transport."

Faeris was aware of others already here, Star Guardian being among them. Soon enough they would show up, but for now two of their party required his help getting there.
                    A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Uh, I think?" Gurindai had this to say as he heard Faeris' techno-babble. "Guys can you uh, change frequencies to Equilibrium frequency something?" Gurindai asked, babbling, to the science team.

"We're not sure what that is, Lieutenant," They said. "Equilibrium sensor frequencies," A voice boomed from behind, it was Mayuri. "Your ten minutes were up, but this conversation has piqued my interest," He said, with a grin. "It's been a long time since the equlibrium has approached us for help. And you, Gurindai Kokorosuke," Mayuri turned to him, "You're quite lucky. As a matter of fact, that old man Yamamoto has sent you on a mission that deals with these sorts of things."

"So like usual," Gurindai said, "They put on missions without my consent. I'll be helping you after all, Gaute."

Mayuri would go over to the computer, and wonder at it. "Whoever talked to you made a mess of this," He looked at the broken computer, before turning to his underlings. "Fix this mess, quickly."

"R-Right!" They went, before Mayuri went to another computer and began typing on the keyboard, and he turned to Gurindai and Gaute. "Tell who ever is speaking with you that he can put his coordinates in the Seireitei transport services...Although, I would like something from you two in return."

"...Faeris, you can put your coordinates," Gurindai told him, before returning to Mayuri. "And what could that be, Captain Mayuri?"

Comment

Not long after Gurindai's request, a command line popped up on the computer screen, filling in with a series of numbers and letters that without knowhow looked utterly random. To those who could read the code, however, they would note that the coordinates place the exit beyond any known position in their universe, with a timescale that was.....incredibly flexible. Extra code was added for reinforced transit corridors, done in a way that was probably normally impossible for Seireitei abilities. It was logical to anyone who did not know better that this code could be used to kill someone since the exit was essentially nowhere known, and so could be any number of traps. It was only due to the confirmed datalink to Faeris that it was trusted at all....and perhaps even then paranoia was notable.
                        A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Can you uh, change frequencies to Equilibrium frequency something?", Gurindai asked the scientists at the computer. Gaute wasn't sure how everything here worked and how them meeting up with Faeris would work, but he knew he was hopelessly out of place. "We're not sure what that is, Lieutenant.", the scientists responded to Gurindai. "Dette virker håpløst...", Gaute thought to himself as they tried doing something with the computer, when suddenly they heard a voice coming from the door behind them. "Your ten minutes were up, but this conversation has piqued me interest.". They turned around to see Captain Mayuri come in the door. "It's been a long time since equilibrium has approached us for help. And you, Gurindai Korokosuke... You're quite lucky. As a matter of fact, that old man Yamamoto has sent you on a mission that deals with these sorts of things.", the captain said with a grin on his face, mostly addressing Gurindai.
                          "So, like usual", Gurindai responded. "They can put on missions without my consent. I'll be helping you after all, Gaute." He didn't directly look at Gaute while saying this, all the time looking at the captain. The captain walked by Gurindai to the computer and looked at it. "Whoever talked to you made a mess of this.", he said and looked at one of the scientists. "Fix this mess, quickly.". The scientists now suddenly looked immensely stressed out as they started arguing between them. "R-Right!", they all said sychronized, as if practiced. "For et rot. Bare for å kunne kontakte Faeris.", Gaute thought to himself and reached for the pack of cigarettes, before thinking he'd probably be scolded by Mayuri if he did. Mayuri had been typing on another computer meanwhile before turning to Gurindai and Gaute. "Tell who ever is speaking with you that he can put his coordinates in the Seireitei transport services... Although I would like something from you in return.", the captain said. "Hvorfor er jeg ikke overrasket...?", Gaute thought as he sighed.

"...Faeris, you can put your coordinates.", Gurindai said out into the room. Then he turned to Mayuri. "And what could that be, Captain Mayuri?", referring to the captain's last comment. "Something nefarious, no doubt.", Gaute said quietly to himself, though he expected most in the room to hear it; He was not hiding his opinions about Captain Mayuri. Wherever Faeris was, Gaute was expecting a bumpy ride.

Dette virker håpløst... = This seems hopeless...
                          For et rot. Bare for å kunne kontakte Faeris = What a mess. Just so we could contact Faeris
                          Hvorfor er jeg ikke overrasket...? = Why am I not surprised...?

Comment

Sigoi wasn't sure if they believed the magician on not knowing a thing. But it was the only clue they had to go on, and Sigoi was a vulture by nature. Wherever the powerful went, they destroyed the world around them. And there were choice parts there sometimes. Sigoi doubted anything choice enough to replace something so compatible, but you never knew. Maybe there was more to it than that.

"So what, we're friends now? Wow, turnarounds about with you. Usually it takes a little longer. More screaming, more raging about the ethics, that nonsense. It's a refresher to skip it" Sigoi said, truly meaning it. Those with the fortune of not being born parasites could never understand. The sooner they got over it, the better. "Well whatever Magical Girl Signal or whatever you felt, I have no idea how that's supposed to end with me going there. I can't fly..."

Comment

She was certain Sigoi felt that way. She was, something in his tone, it wasn't snide, it was honesty. And it made her skin crawl. The way Sigoi spoke casually about it. She had to restrain her protests at Sigoi saying they were friends. "Just... Try not to do that." She said. "You already have a body anyway." She continued, not quite looking at Sigoi, their eyes avoiding contact as she said so. She didn't like the way Sigoi spoke about them, and her. Still as Sigoi noted... How was she going to get there. She could just leave them there but... No, who knows what was going to happen here, something might happen to Sigoi, or Sigoi might happen to someone else, she not be aggressive now but she still remember when they first met, tranquilizers and all. Better to bring Sigoi with her. "Oh you can..." Grab on to me she was gonna say before looking at that arm again. "I can carry you." She floated over to behind Sigoi, not too quickly as to appear like an attack, but she wanted to get this going as quickly as possible. After which taking one hand to support the back while the other held the legs, the way she usually carried people, like a knight with a princess or a superhero with a civilian.

Assuming Sigoi didn't freak out at Star Guardian carrying her and flying through a confusing landmass that seemed to deny any sort of rational land formation that could naturally occur, deserts next to jungles besides alpine forests before turning to volcanic ash and then tundra. At the end of the quick, taken at rather swift speeds they would soon find the source or the signal, Faeris of Armageddon, Gurindai and a few Shinigami, and Gaute, of whom they've met before one way or another.

She would speak up, coming down from the skies, calling out to Faeris, saying his name as she and Sigoi would touch down.
                              Last edited by Tinny; 04-02-2020, 07:24 PM.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

"I miss my retainers..." Lingqi mumbles as she exits out from underneath a hammock, making several rounds as she carries water and food, putting them into various pockets in Red Hare's saddle. Taking one flask of water and downing it as fast as she could. Parchment came easy in these lands of red sands. She offered Red Hare a flask for himself, but he rejected it, shaking his head and letting smoke billow from its nostrils. Being in the presence of... atleast as far as he could see, lower pedigree horses seemed to make him all the more impatient to get out of there. Wasting no time, Lingqi got back on Red Hare, and the two made their way out for the sands again. Even at a brisk trot, Red Hare managed to get considerable distance from the small trading village, scaling a hill where Lingqi told him to stop.

In the distance they could see something strange going on, the hill was elevated by quite a bit, and her eye could see much further than most. She could see fire... fire and metal fragments. Like a castle had taken flight and crumbled under its own weight. Just... everywhere, as far as she could see, just remnants of the ship. And then... stranger things. Elongated heads and black or blue? Bodies of people with their bellies grossly overstretched. And... that wolf again.

Lingqi shook her head, him again? She could've swore he had died. This was just ridiculous. She was done with fighting that group, she didn't come all this way just to get into another squabble with that group again. Giving Red Hare a heel on his right side, he turned down the other side of the hill, heading off East for something else. She didn't have the time or energy to be dealing with that nonsense.

A few minutes later and...

"Father?"

Lu Bu put up a hand to both her and Red Hare, Red Hare immediately stopped.

'To those who remember my voice and my mind.....seek me out that we may aid each other.'

"Who...?" Lingqi said before Lu Bu interrupted her.

"That is Faeris, I recognize him. You fought him in the forest. As you recall, you thought he was a god." Lu Bu smirked a bit as he shook his head.

"A god in need of assistance. Pitiful, but I wonder if what troubles him, is what disturbs me as well. In any case, we should make way towards him."

"Father, we have no way of telling whe-"

"I can feel his presence even from here, chaotic and wild. I've run into his kind before, I've bested his kind before. I know exactly where he's at. Follow me." And Red Hare followed without the command of Lu Lingqi. Even as she gave him a heel to the side to tell him to stop as Lu Bu was nowhere to be seen. The horse obeyed the order. Headed towards where Faeris and the others resided.
                                Last edited by Goddess Ultimecia; 04-02-2020, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X