Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round-Robin Summer 2019 tournament round 3A Darker|Greeny|Tinny|Daemon Keido

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faeris looked behind him as Isshin moved to attack. With both blades in Uorag, Faeris' options were limited. Of course, that just means Faeris had to decide which blade to wrench free. Which was an easy answer indeed.

His eyes glowed green for a moment, before he spoke. "Iron Arm!" As his flesh transmuted to an organic metal, his strength spiked, easily wrenching his Power Sword out and using it to parry Isshin's strike. However, the position was far from perfect as things were, he couldn't really push the samurai off him as things were. So he looked back to Uorag, grinning harshly as his eyes continued to burn green, his Force Sword's blade doing much the same.....as well as small electric discharges that were getting larger. "SMITE!!!!!!!"

The biolightning coursed through the blade, and Faeris was hopeful the close proximity would savage the insides of this werewolf beast.
    A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"You dare claim I am building a wall between man and nature, little one? You are somewhat correct in me trying to divide the two, but I'm simply doing what mother nature demands me to do! I am her herald and we are her children, yet you think you can all live in harmony? I should've known a human like yourself wouldn't be able to hear her cries, just as I should've known that my only ally is myself, like my other half over there. You cannot hear her cries, but I will make sure I can hear yours!" - said the white Uorag, going back to that devilish smile he had earlier. He thought she didn't deserve the power she wielded, and was going to strip it from her.

"You will do no such thing." - said the old man's voice, through the bandages.

"Huh?!" - said the white Uorag, confused and surprised to see the bandages bursting to pieces as the old man muscled his way out of them and broke free from his grip. - "Hmph. I forgot your measly muscles pack more strength than at first sight..."

"She is right, you know." - said the old man, getting rid of the bandages that were still on him. - "Not only are humans capable of helping nature, but some have managed to do a good job. What have you done? You've consumed entire realities... Is "mother nature" satisfied after seeing so much of its beauty vanish within that void you call mind?"

"You're human. You wouldn't understand. In the thousands of years of years I, Uorag the "abomination", have been around, I have only seen disregard for me and our creators. We consume in order to get rid of the infestation. Mother nature will always live on..." - replied the morbid werewolf.

"You're merely denying the truth. We possess the memories of everyone you two monsters have consumed. You know we've devoured beings who were willying to heal nature. Maybe the majority weren't like that, but they helped. And we're part of it, just like you are. Am I not human, and yet, part of you at the same time, herald of nature?"

Uorag, enfuriated beyond imagination, let out a hellish howl-like screech, stabbed the old man by the torso with his claws and sent him flying through one of the station's walls, deep into space. Though he didn't know if killing just one of them or the old man would result in all of them dying, this would keep Star Guardian occupied for a moment. The old man was resilient, after all. He ran in the direction of the nearby battle, to assist his other half.

"Here I come, o' half of mine! It seems you can't get rid of one insipid psyker even with extra help, so let's try to contain him!" - using a Star Shield, the white half surrounded Faeris in a pink bubble as the darker half took the lightning, getting pushed back by a few meters, as he held onto the floor with his claws and healed the damage as his innards got cremated. Uorag had control over lightning as well, but neither half felt confident in winning a lightning battle against this man. This was no time to be scared, however. - "Now, Faeris of Armageddon, was it? How about you stay there for a moment? Hey, you, swordsman! - He turned to speak with Isshin. - "Take care of the pink haired one once she gets there! She's the most dangerous one here!" - And then he turned back to look at Faeris, licking his lips and teeth with his long tongue. - "We'll figure out a way to make this one disappear..."
      The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

Faeris found himself suddenly encased in the pink shield of Star Guardian's use. However, he could not see her. This shield also felt.....tainted by something, something not within the girl. It was then Uorag made it clear it was his. But his last comments.....they made Faeris do something he had not in several decades.

Laugh from deep in his belly.

for several minutes all Faeris did was laugh, and when he finally regained control, he stared Uorag directly in the eye, a grim smile on his lips.

"You think her more dangerous than I? Well I suppose she seems so, so far......."

Faeris looked to his blades as he felt the shield's resistance. He sheathed both swords for the moment, drawing his other pistol, clicking its safety off as it thrummed a deep bass note up to power. He pressed the barrel directly against the shield, and as he did so, locked eyes with Uorag's own. His violet eyes stopped burning green, as the Iron Arm bled away and revealed his flesh once again. But then the violet in the ehes began to burn ever more and more, becoming a glow that was soon hard to look at.

"......but I have many ways to become more dangerous. You will not be the first eldritch beast I have cowed. So see what they saw. Feel what they felt.......and feel me, see me.....TERRIFY YOU!!!!"

Faeris delved deep into Uorag's mind, and grinned as he saw in a glimpse what the beast feared most:

He laughed madly as he formed the mental prison in Uorag's head, forcing him into that same black pit from which he so often banished the old man to.....with no way out, but for Faeris' command.

Out in the real world, he fired his Inferno pistol, the handheld melta weapon smashing into the barrier with all the force of an uncontrolled nuclear reaction put into a ray of power that could slag even the hardiest of metal.
        Last edited by Daemon Keido; 11-07-2019, 05:13 AM.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

The white half found the man's comment a bit amusing, yet cryptic. He knew he had unparalleled abilities, with no known extent, but he'd known Star Guardian for much longer and hadn't acquired enough knowledge on this Faeris.

Both Uorags suddenly felt as though they'd gone back into the void that was their mind. This was not truly the case, but they wondered how this could be. If their bodies had been destroyed in an instant, then they would have to come out of the old man's body at some point, and yet... They were blinded, left with nothing to see. They couldn't see through the other's eyes or the old man's. This was not the void, that much was clear, but in the real world, their bodies were just standing there like mannequins.

"An illusion, perhaps?" - wondered the white half. - "This isn't particularly scary, Faeris of Armageddon. Wizards such as yourself we've met plenty of, and devoured just as many! We'll get out of this... Eventually." - said the white wolf, trying to remember those sorcerers' telepathic tricks in order to solve this issue.

Without anyone in the void, things had gotten unruly. The voices that plagued that dimension, from all the ones Uorag had consumed, were free to do as they wished now that no one was there to keep them afraid. Out of both Uorags' mouths, entire realities' worth of voices came out, crying for help. Now that the Uorags weren't there, many tried to break out of this shell of a void. Arms, legs, tendrils and other strange limbs from creatures Uorag had devoured began to erupt out of the Uorags' bodies, trying to grab onto the closest thing they could touch, and accidentally, they made the Uorags slowly close in on one another, with enough force that the two bodies exploded into puddles of muscle, bones and blood. But the limbs were not done yet, and neither were Uorag's remains, as they all appeared to act with a mind of its own, or perhaps it just regenerated naturally as it saw fit.

What rose up from the amalgamation of remains and limbs was not Uorag, nor the voices. The white half had called himself an abomination earlier, but this ball of fur, eyes and tendrils was far worse in the visual appearance department.

It had no mouth so its limbs lashed out against the only thing that stood in its way and had done something to it. Its arms, tentacles and pincers struck at Faeris with lightning-like speed, hell-bent on cutting and tearing the man apart.
          The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

Star Guardian was quick to act with his howl as he threw the man out there, all the way into space, the vacuum beginning to suck up places, she flew out quickly, before the emergency bulkhead closed behind her, out into the vacuum of space, a pink streak bounded out from the station, out at the old men, as she caught him in her arms and would aim to fly him back. She'd quickly take him from the space, right in through an airlock that shortly opened to let an escape pod out. She took him here, if he wanted to, he could take an escape pod out from here, especially given the scale of the fight, she had her doubts that she could this station together forever. At the least, the others seemed aware of this and were getting off it as soon as possible. As she laid the old man down she asked him "You alright? What's your name?" She said, their conversation wouldn't last for long however, perhaps only long enough for an exchange of names however, for soon enough a terrifying monster had somehow came into the station! That side of the station seemed evacuated at the least, most of the people here or at the other set of docks, taking shuttles and escape pods and so on away from this fight.

And in any case, she had to stop that monster before it wandered over here. Flying above the crowd, she put her arms together in an X shape and shouted "Shooting Star!" Before flying with incredible speed throughout the station, up towards the monster unleashed by an attempt to terrify Uorag into submission. As she would crash into it, she'd simply ask "What happened!?" She had been gone for but a few moments to save that person and suddenly there's a giant tentacle monster! Hopefully pushing it back, she'd turn around scanning the area, her eyes landing on Genichiro. She hadn't been there to hear Uorag's recommendation, so she would simply turn back towards the monster, figuring that Issen would simply avoid fighting them. At least that was her experience, when Uorag fought, one way or another, everyone else dropped what they were doing to fight that monster.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

"Very well," Isshin replied to Uorag. In the end, Isshin had no choice but to fight against Uorag too. But for the time being, it didn't hurt to have an ally. Any decision that would go against the command that bound Isshin would just simply not happen. It was impossible for him to act otherwise. The girl however had no idea Isshin was about to attack her, which gave him the advantage. There were several different attacks Isshin could pull from, lightning seemed less manageable in a tight space like this, but perhaps it was the way to go. Isshin almost began to reminisce about Lady Tomoe and her times training Genichiro, but this wasn't the time for that. It would never be time for that again.

The Sword Saint jumped in the air and his blade was charged with cracking lightning that stood taller than his spear. He'd launch it down at Star Guardian swiftly, if Star Guardian dodged then Isshin would slash his blade to horizontally next in hopes to land a hit on the second try.
              <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

Faeris was already in the middle of parrying and carving away at Uorag's attacking limbs and tendrils with his swords, having holstered his Inferno Pistol when Star Guardian returned, holding his ground but otherwise mostly on the defensive. "There was a slightly unexpected outcome from me trying to shatter the creature's mind. This is the result. He convinced the other ghost to engage you as well as me so be on your guard around him! Has the station begun a full evacuation yet?"

at some point one ofnthe tendrils will have slammed Faeris back against the bulkhead, leaving him stunned for a moment before he rolled out of the way of the next series of attacks. Despite his armour's bulk he was certainly agile in it. Most of it was the power armour's doing but it could still only do what Faeris himself could, and considering how old he appeared to be it was still an unusual sight.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Ugh..." - was the first thing that came out of the old man's mouth upon being rescued and placed safely. - "Every bone in my body feels broken... Even bones I didn't know I had..." - said the old man, answering Star Guardian's question. - "As for who I am... I suppose Uorag would be my name also, since I'm part of those two monsters, their human side if you will." - but that's all the old man could tell her before she flew back into battle, against a monstrosity that did not resemble either Uorag, but that the old man could still recognize as being part of him, or the other way around. - "No! Wait! You cannot kill him like that, Star Guardian! You've tried before! Break your rule and kill me! It's the only way!"

Suddenly, two furry arms, one black and one white, grabbed the old man's face, shutting him up. It was both of Uorag's halves, having quietly erupted out of the old man's back.

"Heh, good thing it's easy to transform back when you're still around, little man. Especially when your will is all over the floor, so thank you for your suicidal thoughts." - said the cocky and sadistic white half of Uorag, while the other one sensed the monstrosity that had been created in their absence, a good indication that without them to keep their body in check, it may grow out of control. - "Now keep quiet while we deal with these pests." - he continued, aware that the swordsman Isshin stood no chance on his own and was a lost cause, plus would likely betray him at the end of the day. The darker half was salivating, ready to devour Star Guardian, but his other half grabbed him by the tail before he could advance.

"Hold on there, o' half of mine. We've spent a lot of mass and there's a good chance we'll only get weaker if we continue fighting like this. Let's take this elsewhere." - said the white half, merging with his other half and knocking out the old man while holding his mouth shut and carrying him, as Uorag ran deeper into the station in his two-headed form, consuming everything in their way at a rapid rate and gaining more and more mass by the moment.

Many of the blobbish abomination's limbs and tendrils had been cut, but pain was its friend and did not stop the onslaught of attacks, merely regenerating as the old body parts evaporated into nothing. But just as it was about to strike Faeris even harder than before, it got sneak attacked by Star Guardian, pushing it a few levels below. It quickly got back up, with even more tendrils emerging out of its disgusting body, and this time attacking Star Guardian, squirting acid out of pimples that were suddenly there and tongues trying to get her into mouths that had just opened.
                  The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

Faeris warned her just in time for her to take notice of the sound of crackling lightning, deftly she had flew to the side. Immediately she had thought to form a "Star Sword!" As the tentacled monster of pain and misery fell down. She had planned to launch a counter attack, but before the sword was even finished forming, he had struck with the blade, hitting right at her neck. While her magic could protect her from decapitation, it wasn't perfect, she found herself unable to breath from the sheer force of the strike, as she fell down the same hole she had brought him.

She could feel herself choking on practically nothing as she lay there on the floor, forcing herself up as her body desperately tried to bring in more air, but only failing as she felt the burning acid fall onto her. The pain was awful as she found herself unable to rise, her breath coming back only to be steaming hot, all while that monster closed in to engulf her into itself. With her sword, forged from the energy, she quickly carved a hole below her and fell further, the plate falling onto a couch that quickly melted under the acid pouring down on it. She herself rolled off, regaining her breath just enough to shout an answer to Faeris' answer. "YES! DO IT NOW!" The evacuation had begun quickly, almost everyone if not everyone would be off now. She was sure the Old Man, the human Uorag would be gone by now as well if he had got onto one of those escape pods. She didn't know why he was asking, but she could guess, some large attack or explosion... She was fine being caught up in that blast, weak as she was... She didn't value her own life nearly as much as others. She was running into a deadend at home without any resources to make herself better. She's been practically relying on her friends for years now...

If it ended here, with her sacrificing her own life to save all these other people, she was fine with that.

Comment

Isshin heard her yell, "YES! DO IT NOW!" But he didn't know what she could've been referring to. The only person she could've been talking to though, was Faeris. The one who Genichiro seemed to despise the most. He turned his full attention to him now and sheathed his blade. He pulled out a handgun and began to shoot a barrage of bullets at Faeris.
                      <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

Faeris saw Isshin turn to him with a firearm. Faeris had no time to cast any particular power so he did all the he could:

He raised both blades and deflected the bullets that could harm him and let his armour guard against the rest. As he defended himself, his eyes burned blue, his Force Sword blazing in kind. "If you have any defenses to corruptive influence and eldritch locations, now's the time, Star!"

After the gunfire stopped, Faeris grit his teeth and sank both blades into the floor, holding both hands out as if grabbing at a large cloth. "GATE!"

His fists clenched tight, and his armour servos whined in protest at the force he put on them. "OF!"

pinpricks of odd light appeared all around the station the light inside flickered for no real apparent reason, and it was getting worse as time went. Faeris' focus was on some middle distance, and then.......the sky tore itself apart. "INFINITY!!!!!!!"

The station was flung into the Warp itself, tumbling and roiling. Reality itself became merely a suggestion, and parts of the station began to twist and fold and bend in ways metal had no right to do so. Outside, the world was a kaleidoscope, colours that didn't exist and light that had no sources and forces of gravity that may as well had been due to a drunk off its ass gyroscope. There was an everpresent whisper inndark voices that becake defeaning screams that echoed in one's very soul. And the only one absolutely safe from this marauding chaos to one's senses.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

She had expected an explosion or large beam, something with force. In comparison... This was actually rather simple. At first she couldn't even feel anything, then the gravity began to fall away as she began to see the space begin to warp... The lights went off. And space suddenly became excruciatingly bright.

Things that didn't exist at home, shapes with mutually impossible sides. Things that could only exist inside of dreams, and things difficult to understand even within a dream.

If that were all it was it would have been fine, but it was far worse than that. The terror and horror came not from the unreality she saw before here as reality warped, bent, and disappeared entirely... As terrible to the limitations of human perception, the terror was was something else, for the warp was not merely an area where reality faded and broke away, as the remnants of the space station they were on would begin to crash upon a world that seemed to move as if it were an angry pill bug.

it felt like dark forces saw her, and converged. And into her senses was...

Everything.

Every horrible thing people had ever done, to nature, to each other, to themselves. Every bit of despair in suicide and every drop of anger in bloodlust, all the horrible things that had ever occured. Murder and exploitation, rage and power lust. Slavery and purging. On a personal scale, on an industrial scale, on a galactic scale.

Uorag had tuened to evil because of what he saw in humanity. And now Star Guardian was witnessing all that and more. No matter where she turned or faced or screamed and cried, it followed her as she saw all of human existence in its barbarism, unrestrained by time and space and understanding it all came down upon her at once.

Was this all that lay for humanity? Eternal suffering for the species? Many who saw this ended themselves rather than continue after this. She couldn't blame them, as she practically felt like the weak girl Uorag said of her, unable to walk, even in this unreality she couldn't. She'd been so long without them she no longer could, in reality or otherwise.

"Please..." She said, sobbing. "Stop..." as tears dribbled down her face, all of human and inhuman experience coming down upon her mind. "I... can't..." She was nothing at the end of the day, a woman who failed to pay rent amd then flaked on her roommate. She couldn't do this alone, her whole life she appeared strong, but relied on others. Relied on her boss being merciful, relied on Lili pulling both of their weight, relied on the other Guardians against the Darkness, then Gurindai and Gate against Uorag.

"Get up." She thought she heard, as she pealed her eye open to unreality. Not just Unreality... But Gurindai held out a hand... She didn't know if he was really here or more, it could be anything in this landscape. But all the same she took his hand, always stable, that ever present smile of his. "Come on, you've come this far, don't stop now! Keep looking" "...What?" "Look carefully!"

And... There was tons of suffering and evil of all kinds. But that was not all... Mercy and selflessness. Sacrifice and honor. Kindness and contentedness, harmony and the chase towards it all. As much evil as there was... There was good. It was the reason she even did this. Even the smallest bit of good was worth protecting. Even within a being like Uorag that was true, the Old Man of Uorag was even willing to die to stop Uorag. People like Lili her roommate all lived their lives, sometimes stumbling, other times being selfless. The way Lili talked to her as well...

"Why do you do this?" "People need help, and... I can do something to help. If I can help shouldn't I? It's not even that dangerous for me m-" "Not dangerous!? Look at you, you need bandages on your head and you have this gash on your stomach! If that Gaute hadn't been here you'd probably be dead!" Lili came closer and sat down next to her "Look... I get what you do is important... But you are too. Just... Try to take better care of yourself."

She hadn't been doing a very good job of that at all really, despite saving so many other people, she neglected her own safety. Culminating in willingly letting an explosion destroy her. But in the vast breadth of human experience, it didn't just show depravity, but kindness. The kindness of all people.

She rose with renewed vigor, her hair whipping around her like there high winds. Her aura was glowing to the point that it was almost blinding with it's positivity! And to the world she declared with renewed passion and strength, remembering first and foremost... "I am the Star Guardian! Even through the depth of space, light still shines through! It's that light that I defend! STAR GUARDIAN! REVOLUTION!"

Comment

Just as the abomination was about to consume Star Guardian, it began to evaporate. Not because of the change in realms, no... Someone else had decided it had done a well enough job. Or perhaps the voices within the void were not alone anymore.

The top of the station was peeled apart by a gigantic and furry grey clawed hand, letting everyone within see how the two-headed Uorag had grown massively in size, though not quite as big as the station in its entirety, or what remained of it after it was contorted from moving to this place or partially devoured by Uorag while the others were fighting.

The darker half's head was salivating, sensing all the energy in this strange dimension, which started to affect him in ways he couldn't comprehend.

"Another one of your tricks, Faeris of Armageddon? We gladly welcome it... Now the female can see the truth!" - the white half was full of joy. Even if he hadn't gained an extra ally, Star Guardian's will had plummeted somewhat, which worked in his favor. Not only that, but this dimension was ripe of life to be devoured, the most disgusting kind that deserved to vanish and become part of him for eternity, but Star Guardian's demise took priority. - "Perhaps we would be dead had you left the old man in space, but instead you've allowed us to become stronger than ever! In your presence, that is... Or in this form, really... Either way, you're better off on our side. Nature's side. The people at the space station are now part of us, just like the old man, so you may as well join us. In the end, you can't save everyone." - the white half's head's smirk turned upside down for a moment. - "Trust me, you can't."

"No, but maybe I can..." - said the old man, alone and trapped within the void, but this time trying to get his hopes up for himself instead of relying on others. He had to conquer his fear and boost his morale, only he would get himself out of this place.
                            The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

This realm . . . it's so bizarre. It almost reminds me of . . . Isshin's eye widened as he felt a presence, it couldn't be who he thought it was, but he couldn't believe otherwise. He'd turn around sharply and he'd see his grandson, Genichiro. The slash still remained in his neck, however he stood with blade in hand.

"H-How is this possible?" Isshin asked. "Is it the Black Mortal Blade? Has it somehow summoned you two from the Underworld? Or is it this place? Perhaps it could even be both."

"Grandfather, you are still bound to my command, yes?"

". . . It seems so," Isshin replied. He then tossed the Black Mortal Blade to Genichiro and the young samurai caught it. "You'll be needing that."

"Hmph, then let's finish this," Genichiro said, staring down at the dark energy oozing out of the blade. Genichiro couldn't believe he was alive again, this was different from all the times he was resuscitated by the Rejuvenating Waters. So, it wasn't that he was alive again, rather he was dead and somehow able to fight again. Nonetheless, Genichiro would fight until has last and even beyond that.

A dark swirling portal like from before appeared to Isshin again. He reached inside and pulled out a katana.

"My old blade," Isshin said. "It wouldn't feel right to fight without a sword."
                              Last edited by Greeny; 12-07-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Faeris' focus during all of this was on finding his way through the murk of the Warp. Gate of Infinity wasn't simply a way into the Warp, but also a way out. He was thankful that Star had found her inner strength to stave off the darker aspects of the Warp. He was less happy, however, to see Uorag feeding off it to become even stronger or for Genichiro's ressurection. However, weakening them in the Warp was neber really his primary plan. It would have been a good bonus to what was to come though.

"Star, hang on. Transition to realspace in three......two......one.....NOW!!!!!"

Faeris roared in power, and the Warp flexed in response to his power, a cascade of blue and violet swirling together in front of Faeris' gaze, which became a portal the station slowly fell through.

All of a sudden, they were back in normal reality, the station venting atmosphere as it twirled chaotically in the void of space......and as it fell from its orbit over the dead planetoid below them now. The station klaxons went off as they could, but only every other section heard the warning as damaged as the station was. Faeris looked to Star with a look of grim satisfaction. "No more innocents at risk for over twelve light years. No more reason to hold back. To the enemy, we give only our everlasting wrath. Only In Death Does Duty End!"

Faeris roared as he turned to face Isshin, charging as he grabbed both blades, becoming a whirling dervish of deadly slashes and hacks and thrusts with his swords, his Psychic Hood whining down to near-shutdown to give him all the power he could bring to bear now.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Working...
                                X