Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round-Robin Summer 2019 tournament round 3A Darker|Greeny|Tinny|Daemon Keido

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This man just attacked, as the crowd dispersed in fear, some crying out, she leaped out in front of Faeris and shouted out "Star Shield!" To stop the blade before it any innocent bystanders. She couldn't let them get hurt, they still had full lives to live. The beam salvo landed onto her shield, gradually pushing her back as she made a single demand of him. "Stop! You're going to hurt someone!"

No one who started with this would stop with that obvious statement. "Stop! Or! I'll! Make! You!" She said, pushing forward with each word against the deadly torrent of energy, at the last one, she'd charge, and fly right into him. The crowd having ran away, from this room anyway, she couldn't say the same for the rest of the space station... And she knew she couldn't let a single one get hurt.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

"I told you already, kid! I'm dead already! I've been dead for several centuries!" Faeris' eyes and halberd blade blazed blue as he slammed the pommel of his weapon down, a dome of protective energy snapping into existence around Star Guardian and himself. "Telekine Dome!"

the telekinetic barrier shimmered silver as the blade blade's energy smashed into it and the two fought for a moment.....before Faeris roared and forced the blast back at Genichiro. Faeris drew his Bolt Pistol, centering his aim on Genichiro's chest and fired three shots of his explosive .75 caliber ammo.
      A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

As the two halves were connected mind-wise, they could hear each other's thoughts and communicate telepathically.

Heh... It appears that, just like last time, we're gonna have our job done by others.

As they were hidden in a dark corner, a blind spot that no camera could reach, they snatched as many running civilians at blinding speeds and devoured them inside their trenchcoats without leaving a single trace left. No one noticed anything and their hunger remained satisfied.
        The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

Genichiro had enough spare energy to slice the blast that was sent back at him. However, his posture was down as the bullets flew at him and knocked him backwards. "Guh!" Genichiro grabbed his face in anguish as he sliced his blade to the side. "Curse you! And you!" Genichiro raised his blade at Star Guardian. "Who cares about these other people? Protect yourself!"
          <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

"YOU ARE UNWORTHY OF YOUR WARRIOR SOUL!" Faeris' eyes blazed blue as he holstered his pistol, his hand clenched into a tight fist. "I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO EARN YOUR IRE! BUT NOW I DON'T CARE! It's one thing to threaten a dead man.....BUT THE BALANCE SHALL NOT LET THESE LIVES FALL TO YOU!"

As Faeris' power raged, the immediate area became deathly cold, so much so frost rose up the windows of the station and everyone's breath could be seen. Such was the amount of Warp Energy Faeris channeled in his wrath that even his Hood could not prevent such localized rulebreaking. And then he raised his hand, the fist becoming a claw-like grip.

"Crush."

Faeris's Telekinetic grip sought out the Shinobi, seeking to grab him with his very mind. And as he clenched his fist he sought to squeeze the man into paste, now beyond caring about the man's life. If he needed to rip the man's soul from his half-mangled corpse, he would do so. He was now just a beast uncaring about the innocent, and such beasts are put down.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Who cares!?" She asked, finding the question so ridiculous as to lack a proper response as he assaulted her. She raised her arm and caught the blade with her forearm. Looking around to see where the civilians are, whatever nonsense this wannabe samurai spouted, she knew what she had to do, even as she could already tell he placed himself on a disgustingly tall pedestal. "Their friends and family and they care!" She said to him, as she brought her other forearm, pointing at him and simply called out "Star Beam!" shooting a pink beam of energy at his chest as her forearm would hold the sword away from her body.

And yet as she gave her pushback a doubt set in her mind as the area grew colder... Faeris pointed at another... Where was... Wait.

Genichiro clearly knew Faeris. Faeris talked about a tournament, setting up fights. And she had met Uorag twice already... She... Oh god!

She disengaged immediately no matter what the situation was, as the friendly lich shouted "Crush", and flew directly in the way Faeris pointed, through as many walls were necessary to find it, and quickly enough she'd find him, trying to be sneaky and devour the people. She'd need to thank Faeris later for that. "GET AWAY FROM THEM!" She called out, before diving in between the people and Uorag. "You can kill me, but I'm not letting you so much as touch any more." She said, her pink aura ablaze almost.
              Last edited by Tinny; 10-07-2019, 02:52 AM.

Comment

The white Uorag was trying to hold his other half from uncovering their position, now that they had sensed the lovely scent of Star Guardian's power. The man also possessed a strange and noteworthy stench, one that almost seemed too much for them to consume.

Suddenly, Star Guardian came out of nowhere, knocking them both into the ground as she came between them and the people that were running away. The old man's body had been knocked underneath some benches, and the white Uorag tried to play it off, as if they hadn't been discovered already.

"Whatever do you mean, ma'am? Me and my partner here were only keeping these people safe!"

But the other half was tired of this charade. He wanted to consume. Consume them all.

He tore his clothes apart and jumped at Star Guardian, with the intention of tackling her tiny body through as many of these station's walls as possible.

"Well there goes our plan..." - said the white half, removing his clothes and putting his trenchcoat over the old man to keep him hidden from the eyes of others and grabbing a quick snack from an innocent alien passing by.

Though that reminded him... The man with unfathomably unlimited power over there had seemingly detected them... And so had Star Guardian in the city from last time, without the need of using their vision... Perhaps they possessed enhanced senses like them... He hadn't learned enough about Star Guardian from that one beam he had consumed, other than her background and abilities... All he needed to do was bite a good chunk out of that man over there, so he increased the gravity a hundredfold around the man. The swordsman, with no apparent relation to the last swordsman his other half had faced, would do the rest, most likely. Assuming the gravity affected the man at all.
                The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

Genichiro was pierced by the star beam and from Faeris' attack, Genichiro felt his very essence being squashed like a bug. The samurai could do nothing but try and fight against the pain. All he had fought for, every sacrifice he had made, did it all end here? Perhaps . . . partially. Genichiro's fight had ended, but there was still one more sacrifice that needed to be made.

"In the end, I was powerless," Genichiro said. From these blows he received, he was done in. The samurai was breathing his last moments. "But you will all still burn, I will see to that." Genichiro raised his blade and placed it to his neck. He then jammed the dark blade into his neck, slicing a deep gash. Genichiro's arm went limp, but his body stood and he didn't let go of the Black Mortal Blade. Suddenly, an arm sprouted out of Genichiro's wound sending the blood flying. The hand creepily bent down and grabbed the blade.

"Pitiful, grandchild," a voice said. A head then appeared with a samurai helm and soon another arm that tore Genichiro's body apart as he climbed out. The man was garbed in a blue kimono with his bare chest showing. He had a cool mustache and a scar covering a closed eye. "I only just now pass into the afterlife and you already summon be from the Underworld? Well, I'm bound to his final command--to destroy all of you." His name was Isshin Ashina.
                  <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

Uorag did push her through many walls, as the various people ran by, Star Guardian struggling all the while as she slammed her through each wall, right up until behind her she saw a large crowd of people huddled, trying to get off the space station and onto life pods and ships with this clearly supernatural fight going on. Much as she let herself get battered like this, she couldn't let anyone else take this pain on, or worse yet, death. She was the Star Guardian, a protector. And protecting was something she'd do, as she began to fly back against him.

Fighting Uorag had hurt. It had left her vulnerable more than once trying to fight. She could only be thankful she had allies, Gurindai, Gaute, Lingqi, even this Faeris, of them helping her out. She didn't know what exactly convinced Uorag to turn the way he did, from something that had apparently been like her, but she knew one thing. He didn't understand, either forgetting, refusing to acknowledge it, or never knowing it in the first place. No one life was worth more than another. And if the choice was between anyone else dying, and her in their place, she knew what to do. So instead getting away from Uorag somehow, she grabbed onto him, He wanted to tackle her, he'd get to!

She however, flew, and with a burst of force, she would fly out hard enough go through a bulkhead at the 'ceiling,' forming a shield to as much oxygen from following after as possible, at least until the emergency shielding kicked in. She didn't fight to protect and preserve herself like Sigoi. She didn't fight for her personal ambition like Genichiro had. She fought not for vengeance or a love of combat. She fought out a pure selfless duty! That was what pushed her forward, and here that informed her decision as she attempted to fly both of them out into the void of space. A place big enough for her to cut loose, her hearing all the while keeping close track of the other Uorag... There he was. And another innocent eaten. She couldn't let this go on. Even if it left her wide open from the back, she dove right back into the station. Flying above the people, Star Guardian would fly down at White Uorag, with a "Star Beam!" as large as Uorag the White's mouth, she'd get his attention. Give him a more appealing snack in her attacks than another person, especially if it allowed her to grab him, and fling him out into space with Uorag as well, put as much distance between the werewolves and the people as possible, and form a star shield wherever the hull got pierced, even if that took a toll on her own magic defenses to do so.

After that trek through the entire station in such short time, she knew this was making it harder on her, attempting to corral them away from the people, leaving her vulnerable to all manner of attacks, especially as she insisted on fighting them yet. Flying out into space after them, should her actions end in success, even if only temporary. Even if it made things worse for her in the long run.

Comment

"You are bound to your grandson's fate. You shall destroy nothing while I stand." Faeris drove his Halberd into the ground pommel first, advancing on Isshin slowly as he drew both of his own swords. His Force Sword ignited with his Warp Energy and the Power Sword energized with a snap of the generator, the blade blazing electric blue.

Faeris' gaze was stone-cold and full of fury. Only a coward would use his last act to try to kill those that bested him, in Faeris' eyes. And he would execute this raised spirit as viciously as he did its summoner.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Huh. My attack had no effect. Not only that, the swordsman died and from him another emerged... I guess all of us here are more alike than we'd like to admit. Brings back good times... But if this is really a tournament then only one can be the victor." - said the white Uorag to himself, assessing the situation in his mind. He could see through his other half's eyes so he knew what was going on and more or less what Star Guardian was planning. Surely she was aware outer space wouldn't kill either of them... Or perhaps... - he thought, looking at all the people still running away. - "Long ago, I fought against people who used tactics like these... But I soon learned sentient life is not worth fighting for." - he said, as he grabbed the old man, still bandaged up.

He held him up by the neck, cutting through and letting small trails of blood fall, telling the incoming Star Guardian this: "Little girl, remember how I learned of Sgt. Gaute by licking the spear he threw at me? I learned much from you from that one attack of yours I consumed... So, Naomi... I am currently holding someone very dear to you... Someone you do not want to see get killed." - he had donned a devilish smile up until this point. Now, he got serious. - "And let me tell you why your cause is meaningless: These infernal creatures harm nature in every way possible and will never change. I have learned this in the thousands of years I've lived through. Our powers aren't far from one another, so surely you understand my point. I was shunned for my appearance, for being an abomination that couldn't even understand its own kind. Have you never felt this way?! In truth, what are you? You're no hero in reality, you're a girl without the ability to properly advance forward with your own tools, your legs, which nature provided! Nature gave you this power in return, but you are misusing it! Our mother is hurt, and her cries demand their extinction. Or else this Hell will continue until the entire universe, if not the multiverse, is flooded with ungrateful bastards that contaminate and slaughter nature's beauty. I finally understand you and don't plan to consume you anymore. I will even allow you to beat me in this tournament, but you must join me and my other half, to help save mother nature!"

Was this a lie? It was hard to tell. Even Uorag's other half was confused, but he had something else to do, as ordered by the white half:

Assist the swordsman, o' half of mine. He might serve useful against that ghoul.

Uorag's darker half used his gravity powers to propel himself back into the station after being dumped into outer space, and landed behind the powerhouse with the halberd. He unhinged his jaws like a snake and, much like a black hole, began to absorb all the matter around the man, purposefully ignoring the swordsman, as the vortex wouldn't affect him.
                        The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

The shadow behind Faeris said much about speed with which the entity moved, if it was so large. Unfortunately Faeris could sense its malice as he moved. His Force Sword blazed red as did his eyes, Faeris' throat glowing with energy as he spoke.

"FLAME BREATH!!!!" Out spewed from his mouth soul-scorching Warp Fire, almost aimed right down Urog's gullet. The beast had attempted to suck in any matter around him. Perhaps he should have taken a more direct assault method, as this Faeris able to thrust out with both his deadly blades to impale the creature. "You will have no better success than the spirit, beast!"

The creature resembled a werewolf, perhaps even a Lycan like the Keidos. Such creatures tended to be weak to mystic or eldritch powers, so Faeris felt he could handle Urog offhandedly even if Isshin chose to attack.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

For the first time in his life, he had encountered a creature that could not be easily consumed. Uorag was furious, but not in pain, as the man decided to make things easier for him, breathing fire down the void that was his mouth. He got stabbed, but that wasn't important. Uorag was examining this new taste... Endless possibilities and a potential end for his hunger, if not infinite amounts of energy. Wherever this power came from, it had to be his. It had to be consumed. But first, he had to take care of this man, standing in his way.

Caring very little for the swords on his chest, Uorag made sure to tighten the muscles around them so it'd be harder to get them unstuck. Not only that, but he returned the man's fire breath back at him.

Hmm... Interesting... Fascinating even... - thought the white half of Uorag, having learned more from this man, or rather, Faeris, by what his other half had consumed.
                            The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

So it seemed Uorag meant to assist Isshin . . . for the time being at least. Isshin stared down at the Black Mortal Blade, it'd be a lie if he never thought he'd one day wield the blade. He knew what his grandson had been up to and if Isshin's life was ever lost, Genichiro would summon him from the Underworld. A pity that the sweet boy he once knew became so corrupted and sacrificed everything for the betterment of the country. All in vain, Isshin supposed. But how could anyone kill Isshin now? He was immortal, only the Mortal Blade could slay him now. The odachi with the crimson blade. But this was not their world. Perhaps there were other means to end an immortal's life. As much as Isshin wished his death, he'd still have to fight according to Genichiro's final will. Isshin then raised the blade and sliced it to the side.

"This alone . . . will not do," he said in reference to the Black Mortal Blade. He then placed his weaponless hand out and a swirling dark portal appeared. The Sword Saint then reached within and when he pulled his arm out he had a massive spear called a Yari. Its length was several feet longer than Isshin himself. "Hmph, the spear of Shuzen Tamura that I gave to Gyoubu Oniwa after I defeated and killed the former. A fine weapon to aid me in this battle." Isshin would then jump into the air and slam his spear down at Faeris. If he dodged in any direction, Isshin would dash at him and release several slashes with his Black Mortal Blade.

Comment

She stopped her attempted assault right there, just as she fought hard to save lives, she would stop if it meant saving people. Stuck here, Uorag began to give his speech to her, as she was made to listen. Talking about how sentient life is not worth fighting for. And then he for once dropped that attitude of his. As she found her cause dressed down by him. The real reasons behind his actions?

"...All this time I thought you were a mindless monster, or some other creature. Not even once did it occur to me that the natural world would create you. And to be honest... I still have my doubts." As she looked Uorag in the eye. "You are right, I'm not a hero in reality, I'm just a person, and not even that impressive a person." She said, thinking not of her legs, those were lost in the line of duty, but rather of the rest of her life, making trouble for her roommate and co-workers who depended on her. For worrying Lili and having little to no plan if she had died. She had even left her paycheck on the counter at home in case the worst happened here, but that didn't erase the fact that if she died here, the problem wouldn't simply end with her, but hurt Lili, her friends... And yet she pushed forward still. She still had a job to do here. And a lesson to teach Uorag, if it were even possible.

"But people aren't separate from nature, much as we like to pretend. Even here we're still animals. We live and die by the same natural impulses, the impulse for food, for companionship, for fulfillment just like the others. You treat sentient life as separate from the rest of the world, but there's no difference between us! We live and die just like them! Otters and ants create shelters, and all animals still seek companionship and love. Even our intelligent isn't special, if you're a creation of nature separate from us, then you have it, even aside from you the dolphins and crows are smarter! Apes have learned languages even. You claim to defend nature but we're also a part of it! We're all part of nature, it's not a separate conflict like you think, no more than invasive species are! The problem isn't that we're doomed to assault nature and destroy it, but that we build a wall between us and nature! A wall you help to erect!" She said to him.

Much as Uorag wanted to pretend otherwise, his view was still shared fundamental building blocks with those who declared nature as man's property to use. "I am willing to help the environment, but we aren't separate from that. We come from it the same as any species, and plenty of people have been able to live in harmony with nature. Even on my world..." She said, remembering various tribes and other groups all over the world who lived with nature, not overpowering it but living in tandem with it, and it was not from a mission to be sustainable or to protect mother nature, it was simply life, no more and no less.

If Uorag was telling the truth, then Star Guardian was just as certain that Uorag was fundamentally mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X