Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round-Robin Summer 2019 tournament round 2B Greeny|Lazerbem|Daemon Keido|Notaka

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gurindai managed to block Faeris' power sword strike, but it was so strong the shinigami had to hold his sword with both hands. However...He wasn't able to do anything to the Force Sword, and he kept getting slashed, blood drawn out from his body. But, he didn't feel pain the most, no, he was perplexed, at Faeris power, it was eldritch. "W-What's that..? I have never felt a power like this...You can't even call it a reiatsu." Gurindai was getting slashed right and left, however, he snapped out of it and he backed away.

Blood was now trickling down every wounds in his body, and he was covered in them. "S-Shit" He thought to himself, "Haven't they received my request to use Bankai?!"

"Gurindai Kokorosuke," He heard a voice in his mind, and he knew to who it belonged. It was the leader of the division in charge of sending Shinigamis outside and thus, putting limitations on them. "We have received your request and you are now allowed to use Bankai. But still, This is an emergency state, and its power will be cut in half, if not, even less. Are you fine with that?"

"Of course I AM!" Gurindai smirked. He grabbed his Masamune vertically. "Faeris, was it? Lucky you, you've earned a solid place in the extremely strong territory...and thus, you will see my Zanpakuto's power." Gurindai then slid his hand from the hilt to the point of the sword.

"...Thunder from the heavenly skies, My Masamune!" The masamune started changing shape. "BAN....KAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!" As Gurindai shouted, the sky began thundering and it quickly was covered by dark clouds. Then, bolts of lightning were hitting everywhere in the city, and the largest and meanest of them hit Gurindai, sending an immense shockwave to all directions as it collided with the ground; destroying and crumbling all the buildings nearby. The sound of the thunder cracked the windows of the city, not one was spared.

"It's been a while since I last used this," Gurindai spoke after he was revealed. His sword, turned into a jitte, behind him, he had the set of drums that the Japanese mythical figure Raijin had, alongside a long, black scarf that was flowing freely in the wind. "So I might be rusty. Still, this will be more of a challenge for you."

Comment

FINALLY, FLESH! Sigoi eagerly devoured it all, consuming it, assimilating it and making itself a body. Well, body was the wrong word. More like a fleshy structure at the base of the un-flesh arm, supporting the bulbous eyes and allowing the arm far better balance. It was a start! But they needed more, more, more, more! Sigoi twisted in mid-air, sensing yet more movement elsewhere nearby. And also...heat. A lot of heat. Sigoi had zero clue that that thing heading for it from Genichiro was fire, but their flesh-crazed mind immediately devised that it could be used to their advantage. The fleshy chunk at the base of Sigoi suddenly remolded, spreading itself out to the thinnest possible as though imitating a set of tiny wings. Not exactly anything for flight...but it was enough to control their descent. And with that heat...

The fire struck Sigoi directly and the arm spasmed in pain, letting out a shrieking noise as metal does when put under protest. The arm grew even darker from the charred parts on it. Even so, fire would not destroy the metal of the arm so easily. And more importantly, the blast of hot air caught Sigoi's makeshift flesh wing. Sigoi was hurled through the air, sinuously weaving through the air like a terrible serpent as it headed for Gurindai. It didn't know it was Gurindai, but it was confident in grabbing him.

Sigoi careened down from the sky, silent as death, bacterial eyes having burst but having already calculated where Gurindai stood and with claws aimed for his nape.

Comment

Genichiro watched as his attack landed and as Sigoi fell down into the city.

"Hm, there are others down there," Genichiro said. "It's a four-way match yet again it seems." Genichiro then ran down the side of the tower and would reach the base in a matter of seconds. Genichiro then sped his way forward and watched to see what the three of them would do. But his eyes widened as he realized Faeris was among them. In rage, Genichiro's eye shifted as he summoned his attack. "Amaterasu!!" Black flames would appear from underneath Faeirs' feet in hopes to scorch him. Genichiro was out for revenge.

Comment

"Huh?" Gurindai was surprised as some sort of black flames appeared under Faeris' feet. He then turned around and saw some sort of Samurai. "W-Who the hell are you-" However, he had felt something coming below him. He looked up, and he saw Sigoi, claws out, attempting to slash him. "An arm?! W-Wait," Gurindai recognized to whom it belonged, but still, in a quick motion, he blocked the arm using his Jitte, Sigoi's arm now holding the jitte. "We meet again, Arrancar! This time I'll be sure to finish the job!" While Sigoi was still holding the weapon, Gurindai was using his bankai's power. Lightning from above struck the point of the jitte, it was now cackling with electricity, and if nothing was done, Sigoi, or what was left of them, would be electrified.

Comment

Faeris grinned as he watched Gurindai finally unleash his Bankai. The change was far stranger than he had expected but it was something he looked forward to testing......and then came the roar of Genichiro, and black flames began to lick the ground all around Faeris.

There was no time to think, no time to evade. And so.....Faeris simply acted.

"FIERY FORM!!!!"

his entire body, weapons included except for his Force Halberd no longer in his grip, sublimated into Warp Fire, that deadly soul-burning blaze that burned even the immaterial and unsubstantial. More than anyone, Gurindai would recognize that danger, for it was even more threatening than a Quincy's skillset. After all, no Qukmcy could vampirically feed off a Shinigami directly without the Shinigami offering the reiatsu in offensive manners. But the Soul Blaze would claim all, if the victims were unprepared.

Amaterasu's black flames burned amidst the crimson red flames of the Warp Fire, and for awhile it was unknown what had actually became of Faeris......but then a mansized pillar of Warp Fire walked out of the black flames, and though it had no eyes to see, all knew it gazed directly at Genichiro. Faeris' words were simply the last proof of that.

"An act of rage, while impressive to the craven, is usually not so effective against those made of sterner will, Genichiro. Your temper will undo you, just as your inexperience had done so before....."
            A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"Hmph, I need no advice from you," Genichiro replied. He unsheathed the Black Mortal Blade, gripping it and pointing it in his direction. Genichiro raised his hands and the dark energy grew larger as he did and then, he swung the blade down vertically. Again, Genichiro would create his darkness slash that would cut through the ground and air as well as anything else that stood in its path. However, Genichiro didn't stop there.

"Master Tomoe, grant me your strength," Genichiro whispered. He thrusted his blade to the sky and again lightning struck down from the heavens onto his blade. This time however, he would retain the power in his blade and body. A dangerous tactic, but one a man such as Genichiro would be more than willing to do. He dashed forward and would jab his blade at Faeris with the black lightning. Whether or not he made contact didn't entirely matter. But a string of lightning would thrust forward increasing the range of his attack. Even the others who were too close could be harmed.

Comment

With Faeris still using Fiery Form, neither the lightning nor the thrusting stab concerned the Psyker. All passed through his insubstantial form, and all it really did was cause the Warp Fire to spread and threaten the others. Faeris advanced through the onslaught, sounding disappointed as he did so. "So much power and potential.....and you waste it with frivolous acts of rage and misaligned temper. I was never your enemy Genichiro, and I stayed my hand before because I thought I saw something in you those I fight for could use. I sought to nurture that seed, to make you even better than you are now......but all I see before me now is a man who seeks destruction of all things no matter their use or the cost. Am I mistaken?"

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"This is merely a pebble I'm knocking out of my way on my path to renewing the nation of Ashina," Genichiro replied. "Yes, I believe you can help me become better. But perhaps not in the way you want. I will go down any path of destruction, I will take on any heretical skill or power, and I will do whatever needs to be done to resurrect my home and clan from the ashes!" Suddenly, swirling dark energy began to pour out of his blade and swirled around Genichiro's body. He then began to float upwards into the air a bit.

"Power of the underworld, I beseech you!" Genichiro yelled. He held his blade high as the darkness poured out of it. "Grant me your power!!" The darkness around the blade would grow and its length would extend until it pierced the heavens. The clouds turned dark and once again, lightning struck down upon Genichiro. Faeris wasn't his only target this time, it was the entire city. Genichiro launched his blade of darkness down at Faeris. The impact the attack would make when hitting to ground would cause a crater extending thirty or so feet in every direction. The attack would also slice through the entire city, cleaving it in two. He intended to split the city apart and hopefully cause it to fly down to the Earth.

Comment

"This I can't allow," Gurindai couldn't continue his fight with Sigoi and shrugged their arm off his jitte. As lightning came close to him, Instead of hitting the shinigami, they were attracted to the masamune...It was as if that blade was absorbing it.

"Man, everyone and their mom uses lightning, here," Gurindai spoke. "But that's to my advantage...Lightning will not work on me. I am its undisputed master. Whether it be white, black or red."

"And, If you use the power of the underworld, then I shall use the power that descends from heaven itself. Come forth! RAGE OF RAIJIN!" He lifted his jitte and pointed it at the sky. The cloud that were covered then started to concentrate, around the spot where Masamune was pointing at the sky, leaving a hole there. Lightning, far more intense than any before, struck the masamune, making it glow.

"MASAMUNE, SWORD OF JUSTICE!" Gurindai waved around with his jitte, until it became a large sword, made of lightning, it was cackling and it dwarfed everyone else. Gurindai used shunpo, leaped between Faeris and Genichiro, and he swung his sword of justice at Genichiro's blade of darkness. The two crossed blades and the immense force was enough to cleave through the buildings in half, however, Thanks to Gurindai softening the blow, the city was still floating. "Now go play around somewhere else!" Gurindai tried to push Genichiro away.

Comment

Lightning sparked off of Sigoi's form, their Faraday cage form resisting the blasts constantly as the arm slithered and slashed through the air as though it were lightning itself. It was desperately on the prowl, throwing itself about constantly and being thrown itself by the blasts from its far more powerful foes. Sigoi was pinwheeling one second, smashed flat the next. And all the same, those terrible fingers kept on clutching desperately, attempting to get some form of headway. Lightning could not kill Sigoi; in fact, it did not know what could. But death would be preferrable to this misery of having flesh before it and unable to grasp it! Sigoi twisted and flailed, snatching for Faeris and merely phasing through the Psyker though it knew not how.

The arm's frustration grew, their whole form bulging and twisting like a cartoon character about to blow their top. If only it had proper eyes, a proper body, a proper anything, then these darting shadows which it felt in the air would not be so difficult to face! Sigoi expanded further, to the thickness of a massive anaconda as it strained to widen itself. Yet again, no success beyond the shockwave of Gurindai and Genichiro's clash rolling Sigoi end over end. As it happened, their claws had just nicked Gurindai in the process. Sigoi wailed silently; THEY HAD HAD HIM!

And now, they really exploded. Sigoi's black form shattered into a thousand million pieces, each individual fiber of metallic black shooting out in all directions to try to at least brush its foes. From each fiber manifested tiny hands, clawing at the air as though the damned escaping hell. As an addict's brain chemistry changes, so too did Sigoi's body warp, self mutating and evolving to try to get anything at all to make a body.

Comment

Match Over!
                        Voting Begins!
                        Remember everyone, vote for who you think was the best written one, not for who would win in a fight. Everyone gets only one vote, participants cannot vote for themselves. Since this is a round robin tournament, everyone gets to move onto the next match, regardless of the amount of votes.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Writing here made me realize some of my weaknesses relevant to other charas, but especially Gurindai impressed me. The guy is very consistent from match to match and the whole needing authorization thing is kind of funny. In general he seems to be the most aware of the situation and so has a unique flavor. Faeris and Genichiro were good too, but I feel like Gurindai was sort of the one pushing everything along and for that reason, he has my vote.

Notaka: 1
                          Greeny: 0
                          Lazer: 0
                          Daemon: 0

Comment

Everyone here was good, and I liked doing this round. But the main flaw was that for a while, It was only me and Daemon posting in it. Greeny and Lazerbem barely posted, but understandable if they had circumstances. Still, Daemon, I really enjoyed our fight and the fact that Faeris knew Shinigamis. He had me thinking that he was an enemy of them and killed them, but, it was the opposite, a nice twist if I have to add.

So yeah, no choice but to add my vote to Daemon.

Notaka: 1
                            Daemon: 1

Comment

I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed fighting Gurindai. You tested my default responses in ways I definitely wanna do again later. I hope to see more of Gurindai in other RPs, especially our dedicated RP-verse!

Notaka: 2

The Emperor Protects

Comment

I have to say this match was quite interesting, and I'm looking forward to see y'all go forward! With that said, I do think Notaka/Gurindai had the most interesting portrayal here, dealing with high command and also dealing with a more experienced foe, rising up to the challenge as everything went mad cap as well. My vote goes to Notaka.

Notaka: 3

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Working...
                                X