Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round-Robin Summer 2019 tournament round 2B Greeny|Lazerbem|Daemon Keido|Notaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round-Robin Summer 2019 tournament round 2B Greeny|Lazerbem|Daemon Keido|Notaka

Geniichiro Ashina vs Sigoi vs Faeris of Armageddon vs Gurindai Kokorosuke

This fight will take place in a floating city, one unlike any you've seen before with statues everywhere. The skies are colored yellowish, nary a speck of blue reflected. What is this city? What happened here? Such questions will have to wait however, for you are not alone!

This fight will last for two weeks.
    Post as you see fit.
    Remember, do not vote based on who will realistically win, vote based on the best writing.

Ready. Set.

FIGHT!

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

From his wounds Genichiro had fallen over dead, he was bested. His corpse was then transported to a new fighting arena, an odd city floating in the sky. A dark aura began to ooze upwards out of Genichiro's body and his wounds slowly healed. Soon, the samurai would pull himself back to his feet.

"Back again," he said aloud. "I'm not sure how many times this makes it, three . . . or four?" Genichiro grabbed his helmet and tossed it off to the side. He then pulled his armor off his upper body. A crater was made in the ground as it collided with it. He then slowly rubbed his fingers across the new scars that caused him his recent death. "My soul may keep returning to this body . . . But how long can this body hold out? More importantly . . . Where am I?"

On this large city, Genichiro was in a small cozy room alone. Ahead however, there was a door. He searched around looking for a handle, but there was none. All he saw was at the top of the door a gear and connected to that, a rope that ran on both sides and hugged the gear from underneath. It led all the way up to another gear near the ceiling. Genichiro then turned around and behind him was a large lever. To him, it looked like the only possible way to get out. So he approached it and pulled down. Slowly, the door then dragged upward and he was free from the room.

He exited the room and stepped out onto a bridge that laid out about a mile. It was incredibly loud outside thanks to the surging winds. Anxiously, Genichiro held onto the rail of the bridge worried he would be swept away by the wind. There was something about this place though . . . Something like that wouldn't happen. As he made a few more steps, he turned and gripped the railing with his other hand. His eyes shook wildly as he took in his surroundings of this city in the sky all made of the same rusty gold color.

"J-Just, what is this place?!" Genichiro exclaimed.
    Last edited by Greeny; 16-06-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Above the already high city, a Japanese like door materialized in the air. It was a senkaimon, the main way of traveling Shingami use to go from soul society to the place of the living, and vice versa. The door opened, and it revealed Gurindai. He looked below him and he was amazed to see a city floating in the skies.

"Huh, neat," Gurindai looked around. "You can say the people living here have their heads in the clouds." Smiling as ever, Gurindai laughed at his own joke. "Right, let's get down to business. That arrancar shouldn't be that far off," He referred to Sigoi, "When I used my way of binding on him, I intentionally left a little bit of my Reiatsu. So now, he can't escape unless he completely changes his body. Not that it's hard to do, you can track down almost everyone in Soul Society." Gurindai then walked in the air, and he slowly descended to the city. He then began strolling around it, but being careful as to not avoid any commotion. But this city was rather strange, Gurindai thought, there was nobody there...Like in that forest.

"..Will I meet the old man and the girl?" Gurindai wondered.

Comment

Faeris decided not to end Genichiro as the man requested. "You won't die here. Something tells me we will have many more meetings before things are done. Besides.......there is a higher calling to this meeting....."

Faeris had left the group and taken a portal away. He figured no matter where he put the exit point it would he overrode to where he was supposed to go next.

And so it was. He certainly didn't choose to go to a flying city. And yet here he was.

it didn't look like any he had seen before. The iconography was similar to a dozen other civilizations. But the thing that would be odd, if Faeris hadn't expected it to be so by this point.....

the city was empty of all activity. No population at all. Little better than a sandbox for them to do battle in. Faeris was already rewielding his Force Halberd, his other weapons reloaded and ready for use at a moment's notice.
        A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Sigoi, deaf and blind as they were, continued to flail about wildly for a minute or so after being transported. Where had the plants gone?! Sigoi never could have imagined a moment when they were actually looking for plants to make a body for themselves, desecrating themselves to such a level. Frayed and severed black muscles fibers did their best to weave back together as the arm struggled and crashed about blindly, throwing something metallic about the place with each impact. When not a single thing touched Sigoi after a while of this writhing, the panic did begin to fade. Confusion wasn't much of an improvement, however.

'Okay, okay, I'm suddenly not in the forest anymore, definitely not near the two magicians, and not near anything alive. Still, that's no reason to panic...' Sigoi's claws scraped the ground and walls of the alley way they found themselves in, having to feel out every detail by touch. The metal thing they had been hitting turned out to be a bucket, they garnered, and they seemed to be in some kind of narrow street way. Other than that, Sigoi was totally isolated and alone as far as they knew. Numbed and shaken, Sigoi could barely think beyond a constant stream of 'nonononono'. Finding a new body like this was going to be near impossible, let alone a good one. It might be years, even! Sigoi's teeth chattered in the utmost fear as they hauled themselves along. Had to find a body, had to find a body, had to find a body....

No, just eyes, Sigoi realized. With just eyes, then they could find the body. Still, there was a natural revulsion to just eyes. It'd be hideous, and they'd see their ghastly limb. Still, after hauling themselves into several walls, the devil arm realized it had no choice. The claws opened up and scratched at the worn sides of the buildings it passed, scraping up blooms of blue-green algae from the muck. Utterly humiliating, debasing, but necessary. For cyanobacteria could at least sense stimuli. Sigoi's arm siphoned them up, absorbing the microscopic cells en masse and transferring them up to that crusher of a mouth, slurping up the cocktail of algae with the greatest displeasure. Finally, a pair of small, bulging organs appeared atop Sigoi's maw. Primitive eyes, barely able to distinguish a thing beyond light and dark, but still an improvement. 'Look on the bright side, can't see yourself in detail either' Sigoi told themselves, coming down from their panic as they slithered themselves under a bridge like a troll of yore.

Not only were there plenty of blooms here to pick more eyes from as these wore down, but bridges tend to have people crossing them. People like Genichiro, though Sigoi did not know his name. They only knew that a shadow moved; something was alive on this bridge. Sigoi went perfectly still, seeming for all the world like just another odd metallic structure on the bridge's railing.

'I'm really, really sorry, but I can't go back to the darkness, not again' Sigoi thought to themselves as they waited for Genichiro to draw close, frozen in place like some Gothic ornament.

Comment

"What's this?" Gurindai said as he felt some force. It was different than the reiatsu of the shinigami, yet, vaguely similar. He slowly approached the source, and he took a peek around the corner. There he saw Faeris, eager for battle. "What's with the weird outfits lately," Gurindai spoke to himself, he noted his armor. "Well, I don't think that guy means harm, so, I'll let him on his own."

Comment

Genichiro let go of the railing and held out his arms. Yes, it was perfectly safe. For whatever reason this odd city was able to keep him firmly on his feet. He finally could relax knowing he wouldn't be blown away, but then again . . . he had to be on guard. Somehow he kept getting transported to these bizarre areas. If there were opponents in the forest, then there must be in this city too. Genichiro glanced down below trying to see if he could catch a glimpse of someone. No, he was far too high.

He tapped his fist on the railing a couple times and turned to head further down the bridge. Suddenly however, he stopped. It was faint, but for a split second he could have sensed something. Was it just his imagination . . . not likely. Someone had concealed themselves well. Genichiro kept his position, curling his fingers around the handle of his katana.

Comment

Faeris slowly walked around for a moment before his mind caught a sense of something in the distance. He turned to look directly as Gurindai, a small smirk on his lips as Faeris slowly made his way over to the Shinigami. Rather than waste effort yelling over the distance, Faeris decided to simply use his telepathy.

"So, you are one of the new ones. Hmm......your garb looks familiar.....I don't suppose the Seireitei means anything to you, does it?"

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"W-What? Who's this?!" Gurindai said as he was hearing Faeris voice's in his head. "W-Wait," He remembered as Faeris managed to look at him and therefore, noticed him. "Oh, so you noticed I was here, no point in hiding anymore, then." Gurindai slowly walked out of the corner and stood in front of Faeris, a bit perturbed by what happened.

"This can't be Bakudo number seventy seven, Tenteikura," Gurindai said, "You weren't moving your mouth. No, this is straight up telepathy...But what confuses me more, is how you know about Seireitei. And my garb looking familiar...I can assume this isn't the first time you've seen a shinigami. Also, I have the feeling that you...you should have been dead a long time ago, and now would be in soul society. You don't give off the same reiatsu, if you can call it that, as a living, regular being does...Who are you?" Gurindai asked Faeris. This being was easily the strangest Gurindai had encountered so far, even more than Uorag and Sigoi.
                  Last edited by Vitalista; 19-06-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

By now, Faeris was close enough to simply speak. The pommel of the Force Halberd rested on the stone beneath them with a heavy sound, Faeris nodding in greeting to Gurindai. "I am Faeris of Armageddon, Lord Inquisitor of Equilibrium and I have been dead for several hundred years. I had met Shinigami before, but you are someone I did not. Perhaps you are from a different reality than the one I was introduced to. As to why I do not have the same....reiatsu you called it? That could be because relarive to you I am from 38,000 years into the future and from a different homeworld than Terra. But above all else.....I am from a drastically different reality than yours. By existence is likely enough to prove that." Faeris chuckled softly.

"I was drawn into this conflict of sorts by entities I know not, but I have decided to make use of the opportunity. I now seek to see if I can find any new and useful members for Equilibrium, if those who pass my tests would like to join."

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"...Uh," Gurindai didn't know what to say. Inquisitor of Equilibrium? What was the Equilibrium even? 38,000 years from the future? Gurindai questioned himself if Soul Society was even that old. Nevertheless...He still felt that what Faeris said at the end, him being a different reality, it put most of the pieces of the puzzle together. "Soul Society isn't confined to this reality only," Gurindai spoke. "We have discovered means to travel to other ones a long time ago, even far before I became a shinigami. Judging by what you said, having been dead for centuries, that makes you a prime target for Shinigamis, since their duty is to pass souls that have since long gone from the current of life into Rukongai, part of soul society.

"Putting a and b together, that means you did cross paths with shinigamis, the same ones that came from the soul society I know. This explains why my garb is familiar to you." Gurindai said. He then glared at Faeris straight in his eyes. "...What did you do with those shinigamis? If you're still in this reality and not soul society, having approached by shinigamis leads me into thinking you didn't do something nice to them. Especially when us shinigami are obstinate and stubborn when it comes to our job."

Comment

"My duties superceded their own. But at the time I met the Shinigami, I called them allies against a foe we both helped fell. Suffice to say, my own afterlife called to me stronger than they could guide me to Soul Society. Perhaps my afterlife is what Soul Society will become in the future.....but it is not the one they could guide me to. And at any rate......dead though I am, I am still able to aid the living." Faeris offered a hand, to let Gurindai study his body as it was. He'd find Faeris unusually dense as a spirit. Indeed, Faeris was more or less indistinguishable from living bodies to those who couldn't sense his real existence correctly. His equipment was just as solid, just as real.

"Not many Shinigami join Equilibrium. Their obstinance at their primary duty usually prevents their agreement. All the same, I would like to test you, to see if you could match our standards."

The Emperor Protects

Comment

"..." Gurindai stood staring. "..Phew. I had assumed the worst, but looks like everything was fine...Or I like to think it is." Gurindai then took Faeris' offer and began looking around. "Yeah, your reiatsu is somewhat familiar to those who reside in Soul Society."

"Well, I'd usually refuse since I am on a mission, but, you've taught me new things and I like learning. So yes, I'll take your challenge. I can only ask for you to help me in finding an arrancar..or what I think that thing is. Since you were allies with my predecessors, this should be nostalgia for you."

Gurindai then leaped away and grabbed his blade, the Masamune, and held it close to him. "Ready whenever you are." He said to Faeris.

Comment

Faeris twirled the Force Halberd, the steel-grey blade now sheathed in a rainbow aura as Faeris poured his Psyker power into the weapon, his own violet eyes also shining in a rainbow of energies as Faeris circled Gurindai. "Yes, this does feel familiar so far.....let's see what your Soul Society teaches its students now!" Faeris planted himself in a rushing charge, the thrust of the halberd was quick as a snake's strike. It was perhaps a simple opening but Faeris wanted to start slow, see where Gurindai began to falter naturally, if he did at all.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Gurindai held his sword horizontally, with both hands, as he blocked Faeris' thrust. It was a strong blow, and it sent Gurindai crashing into a house, destroying part of its wall. "That wasn't too bad. I can see that equipment isn't only for show.. Now it's my turn!" Gurindai got up. "Shunpo!" He vanished from Faeris' sight, and appeared above him. "Haiyaaah!" Gurindai swung from above as he was falling towards Faeris, he would attempt to slash him vertically.

Comment

Working...
                              X