Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round-Robin Summer 2019 tournament round 1A Darker|Tinny|Lazerbem|Vitalista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Guardian fell back, gasping for air and collapsing on the ground as she freed herself from Sigoi's grasp. She fell back onto many leaves littering the ground, and felt her face, she could feel scratches, the air stung to on various places like her cheeks, even a bit of her scalp... Yeah... Loking at it, as she felt her face... She lost bits and pieces, her eyes were still there at least, but the tip of her nose was gone, anyone looking at her could be forgiven for thinking she was cut up really badly by a mugger... Thinking about it, that's exactly what happened in a way...

It wasn't the worst wound she ever faced, she'd gotten flashed across her back and stomach, scars that refused to leave, but this was her face... She couldn't hide that with a jacket. Maybe she could let her hair hang out the front for her scalp... Bandages for her face to cover up what couldn't look normal... That had to be it, but how the hell was she going to explain how she got so banged up to anyone? Last time as well... The last time a wound was this hard to hide she... She lost the ability to move her legs.

She looked upon the fight between Sigoi and Gurindai, Sigoi's just an arm, but an arm that can do all this with less than a minute... She was glad Gurindai saved her again... And looking at the two, had to hope Gurindai could take on Sigoi... For... It... She passed out there, too many close calls she suffered here, especially here... Her mind was willing, but the body was weak... And so she ended up falling into a dreamless slumber, filled with a vague worry for the uncertain future that awaited her...
    Last edited by Tinny; 06-06-2019, 12:48 AM.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Blind and deaf, Sigoi heard nothing of what Gurindai said and was merely rearing to strike again before the sword struck it. The entire arm sharply curled into something almost like a circle, bending over backwards in shock from the impact which tore away a great amount of its mass and left the arm to writhe and flail about. The hand opened and closed wildly, grasping up whatever it could touch as it twitched about in clear shock from the blow. Black wires severed by the sword were knotted into the whole of the arm's mass once more, but not enough to make it as much of a threat as before.

Sigoi was desperate, plain and simple. A perfect body was the least of their worries now, now the real concern was being able to find any body at all. The arm could not die, but if it was damaged too badly, it would...Sigoi didn't even want to think about it. Their "teeth" chattered, fear clear even on this disembodied thing. Any thought of a plan was gone now, Sigoi instead grasping up fallen leaves and absorbing them as best it could in a last ditch attempt to be anything more than this ugly arm. They couldn't stand to be left in the silent dark, screaming to themselves. Even a plant was preferrable!

Comment

"...I've had it enough." Gurindai said. "I didn't want to use this power as it's too destructive and I've yet to master it...So there will be some casualties..." He said with a regretful tone, looking at the unconscious Star Guardian and remembering the old man who shouldn't be that far, at least not far enough to be unharmed. He closed his eyes and sighed, this threat was too big to be left alive, and he came to the conclusion that the old man and Naomi were necessary sacrifices. He was willing to do whatever they wanted should they meet up in soul society if it would help them forgive him.

He then glared at the arm, it was a glare that belonged to a man ready to finish this once and for all. He would hold his sword horizontally with one hand, and the other he would slide through the blade from hilt to top. "...Thunder from the heavenly skies, My Masamune!" The skies were quickly covered by black clouds and there was lightning cackling, they were visible in the clouds as sudden but intense yellow jolts. Thunder sounds could be heard from afar. Gurindai's masamune started to change shape, it went from a katana to a jitte. "BANKA-"

"That is enough, Former 1st division vice-captain Gurindai Kokorosuke." Gurindai heard this voice behind him, and he turned to see a Japanese-styled door up in the air. Gurindai recognized the door too well; It was a Senkaimon, the shinigamis' main way of entering and exiting soul society. In there, was an old man, with a beard that was as tall as he was. He was bald and he had his eyes closed. Gurindai sweated bullets as he knew who had come.

"Use of your bankai is forbidden for the time being. Or did you forget?" The old man asked. "C-Captain Commander Yamamoto...Please forgive my insolence."

"No. There will be repercussions for going against the rules, but they will be light ones," Yamamoto replied. "The time limit we gave you for your mission ran out. You failed the mission, thus you are obliged to return to Soul Society. Now come, I don't have much time." Yamamoto turned and walked away.

"...Man, this is why I prefer going on my own," Gurindai said to himself, as he flew towards the door. But not without looking at Sigoi's arm one last time. "The next time you won't be so lucky, Arrancar." The shinigami then entered the Senkaimon, and it vanished.

"Gurindai Kokorosuke," Yamamoto spoke to him. "...What is it that you needed to use your bankai for? It has terrible and fearsome powers that are second to only my Ryujin Jakka."

"...Captain Commander, I believe I might have found one of those arrancars that are talked about all the time," Gurindai replied to him. "Even if I'm not in the gotei 13 anymore, it is still my duty to protect Soul Society...And to find that traitorous Aizen. I believe that arrancar might know of his whereabouts...Not to mention, he...or it, threatened people that had nothing to do with them...Oh, speaking of," He turned to the Captain Commander. "Is it possible to take them away from battle? That arrancar might still be around! They're an old man and a girl."

"...We will see. I saw the girl unconscious so we might get her out of the way...However, I didn't see the old man you spoke about. I've also been feeling another presence since I came to."

"A-Another presence?" Gurindai asked, "W-What could you mean...?" It was then a terrible idea came to his mind. What if Uorag was still alive? "No, that can't be." He shook his head and ignored such a ridiculous idea. But he knew Sigoi was still around and they were needed to be taken care of.

"Captain Commander, please send me to the next mission. I shall not fail you this time." Gurindai affirmed, with a confident smile.

Comment

Match Over!
          Voting Begins!
          Remember everyone, vote for who you think was the best written one, not for who would win in a fight. Everyone gets only one vote, participants cannot vote for themselves. Since this is a round robin tournament, everyone gets to move onto the next match, regardless of the amount of votes.

Comment

Can I just say this match went really well, everyone was doing pretty fantastic.

Vitalista's Gurindai was very cool overall, and I think ended up meshing with my own character pretty well by the end of this.

Darker's Uorag was also pretty great, and did well despite... kinda getting bagged on by everyone lol. He ended up setting the pace of t his match more or less I think, and was an intimidating foe throughout most of this, as well as revealing some interesting aspects later on.

Lazerbem I felt did great as well, with an unbalanced maniac with a bad hankering for body parts, and in the end did well despite his character being literally reduced to just like, an arm and some shoulder maybe.

It's hard to give out a vote, but I'm going to give it to Lazer given that he was working with a very different and odd character, and ended up working again, with just an arm.

Lazer/Sigoi:1
            Darker/Uorag:0
            Vitalista/Gurindai:0
            Tinny/Star Guardian:0

Comment

This was a really good fight, everyone. I really had fun doing this.

Star Guardian was a great character you had there, Tinny. Enjoyable to have around. However, my gripe with her is that she took a "damsel-in-distress" role in the later parts of the fight. Again, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but she wasn't doing much action, instead, letting everyone target her and having Gurindai to save her. But I have to admit I did like the small dynamic she started to have with Gurindai.

Sigoi, if Lazer was trying to gun for an insane and totally unpredictable character, then I'd say he succeeded...mostly. While he nailed the insane part perfectly, Sigoi, I'll have to admit, was a bit predictable. They targeted Star Guardian too much, because of the role she assumed later on, and only sometimes targeted Uorag. Rarely did they target Gurindai despite Gurindai being the main obstacle to them, but this doesn't have to be in a bad light. If anything, Lazer did good in showing off how resilient and determined Sigoi truly was, and I can say I'm happy to have them as some sort of rival to Gurindai. I did enjoy Gurindai trying to save SG from them.

Uorag was pretty consistent; A mindless beast that attacked whoever crossed him, and Darker did a good job at that. But, like Sigoi, I did feel he was only targeting Star Guardian, but to a lesser extent than Sigoi. What I wished though is if he didn't stay an old man for that long(assuming he actually turned into the old guy) and quickly got back to the fight. It was once the old man showed up, Uorag wasn't in this battle anymore. Not sure if it's intentional or not.

As for voting, I believe you all did good and had fun with all of you, but if I had to choose one: Darker. His portrayal of Uorag, how dangerous and how big of a threat he is, with Darker's writing style(He's pretty good at writing monsters and beasts) makes him earn my vote.

Darker/Uorag:1
              Tinny/Star Guardian:0

Comment

Star Guardian's definitely one of the more flashy characters here and it's interesting to see that balanced out by her personality. Not only does it make the fight fair without cheapening her, but it also just makes for a type of character that's a lot of fun to see being passed around even if they got batted around a bit much at the end. I wonder how she'd have started the fight if not attacked?

Gurindai's got a few funny reactions to all of the shit going down and is a good straight man character, oddly enough. While his heroic nature meant that starting up a fight was hard, it also made him pretty much an action hero that was fun to read. Especially towards the ending, he came into his own as being this really tough and imposing sort of thing that had gotten underestimated.

Uorag's a big slobbering monster man and while the old dude running away was a bit off-putting, that does not take away from the utter insanity of the first parts where Uorag goes full power and just messes with everyone. The most flashy character in this match and done with so much flair that it's a whole lot of fun to read.

Overall, I go with Star Guardian because I want to see a situation wherein they have to strike the first blow and furthermore, because I think that the play of Star Guardian's thoughts on power and such were very compelling.

Tinny/Star Guardian:1

Comment

This was a magnificent fight guys. I'd love to see a larger fight for fun so that is always a good sign lol

but I must say, I am most impressed in Vitalista. Helluva showing dude! I can't wait to fight you myself lol

Vitalista/Gurindai:1
                  A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

I'm gonna vote for Darker. I thought he did really well with writing himself out of the trouble he was immediately put under, and on top of that it's very easy to understand his character and it's motives.

Darker/Uorag:2
                    Vitalista/Gurindai:1

Comment

My vote goes to Lazer, I found myself ugly laughing at the situation Sigoi quickly found himself in. Realizing he's screwed ten ways to sunday, and then getting reduced to an arm of all things. Probably the biggest reactions I got were through lazer.

Lazer/Sigoi: 2

Darker/Uurag:2

Vitalista/Gurindai: 1

Tinny/Star Guardian: 1

Comment

This is one of the best matches I've read in a long time guys, honestly. It flowed so well and you told such a cohesive and interesting narrative together. One werewolf monstrosity, a sentient parasitic arm, a magical girl who is a constant explosion of pink light and a Bleach inspired action protagonist. That's not the roster I would have thought could create such a dynamic showing.

Darker's portrayal was excellent. Uorag sliding into the role as the central antagonist and then actually losing, dropping the transformation and being forced to retreat allowed for Sigoi's madness to really flesh (no pun intended) itself out in the latter part of the match. Vitalista's writing picked up as things went on and while Tinny was a bit predictable in the role, this is actually one of Tinny's best performances I've personally read in awhile in terms of my engagement to the OC. I really legitimately enjoyed the Star Guardian character. I felt like more subtext was given to her than some other OCs Tinny has explored in the past and I was interested to see more. I probably will start reading the next battle with this being a primary motivator, to be perfectly honest. Lazer's point that Star Guardian got ganged up on immediately and forced to be on the defensive for most of the match is a legitimate one, imo.

This is a tie between Lazer and Darker, as it should be imo. It was close and while both did a fantastic job, I have to give this one to lazerbem. I often criticize people for not stepping out of their comfort zone, but, in reality, I just allow far little room for error if someone is sticking to their strengths. Both Darker and Lazer didn't stray too far from their "stereotypical" OC but it didn't matter when both did such a great job. However, Lazer's posts in the tone of Sigoi were incredibly immersive and gave me a 3-dimensional look at what this... sentient arm is all about. A mad scientist parasite and a manic narcissist combined into one of the most eccentric OCs I've ever seen portrayed in a tournament setting. And yet it still felt incredibly organic. Well done, Lazer.

Well done, all of you. Seriously, this is one of the best flowing matches I've ever read period and you all should be proud of the story you wrote here. I had so much fun reading it. Often when I have to tiebreak I pay excruciating attention to individual entries and posters, the quality of their overall flow and writing... but I didn't have to this time. All four characters and their stories weaved together so smoothly I just sat back, relaxed, drank my iced coffee and enjoyed the show. I really could see this happening as a play-by-play in my head without much confusion. That's pretty remarkable, again, when you consider just how absolutely fucking bizarre this cast of characters are. I took awhile getting to this one because I spent literally three or four hours (maybe a bit longer!) on the other tiebreaker, being extremely meticulous. I didn't have to do that here, I simply enjoyed the story. Not that the other match was bad by any means, but, the flow between all four writers in this one to craft a story arc was exemplary. I kind of had an idea how I felt without feeling the need to be hypercritical of anyone in particular.

Lazer/Sigoi: 3

Darker/Uorag:2

Vitalista/Gurindai: 1

Tinny/Star Guardian: 1
                        Brother! Your crusade IS OVER!!

NO...!!

Comment

Working...
                        X