Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round Robin Tournament Summer 2019 Round 1B Greeny|Goddess Ultimecia|Daemon Keido|Emmeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I have been dead for longer than your grandparents' grandparents have been dead, and you are far too weak to claim it from my master."

Faeris stalked forward as he began to advance on Genichiro, his blades twirling as the Psyker's Vortex died away, even as its destruction lingered for all to see. "But if you wish to test yourself and your honour, you shall never find me wanting......"
    A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

The samurai had spoken to Faeris and gotten a reply, they seemed to be getting into a confrontation. This was the perfect time for Gaute to dash at the girl and grab his gun! He took off as fast as he could and dashed straight towards her while she was still pre-occupied with the samurai.

Inching ever closer, he got his hand on the grip...

Comment

Genichiro placed both hands on his blade and lowered his body into a stance. "Have at you then, peasant." Lightning struck from above onto Genichiro's Black Mortal Blade and all around his body. Increasing his speed, the samurai bolted forward attempting to pierce Faeris in the chest. Worry struck him as he recalled his fight with the shinobi Sekiro, but the samurai couldn't believe that he'd be bested again.

Comment

Green electric sparks coursed over Faeris' own body, his Force Sword blazing green as did his eyes as his own walking pace accelerated. "WARP! SPEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD!!!!!"

Force Sword met black blade in a perfect parry, followed up by a blitz of slashes, hacks and savagely precise thrusts with both of his swords, Faeris' arms now a blur as his blades became blenders, seeking to ravage the samurai.

"One's birth determines nothing! Peasant though I was born, I became a force that made entire worlds tremble in fear of my wrath! HERE! EXPERIENCE IT FIRSTHAND! IRON ARM!"

His body was still a blur but his face had begun to transmute into an organic steel, as did the rest of his body but such a transformation was less obvious under his armour. Now, each blow came with superhuman strength as well as speed. Faeris would batter aside Genichiro's defenses if he did nothing to augment them.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

As if her awe couldn't be intensified even further, Faeris revealed himself as being that of a dead man. He was a spirit made manifest, this was... absurd. This was getting into the realm of stories told to children, dead peasant spirits rising again and casting the magic of gods. For as much as she wanted to doubt it, each new feat only hammered in just how mystical he was. As he yelled out his attack and seemed to disappear from where he stood and appeared next to the swordsman, Lingqi began to rise from her knee. Every rest Faeris took, resulted in a booming sound similar to those projectiles from that weapon Gaute used earlier. Wind seemed to fly wildly, sending her hair free flying, her hair piece having flown off.

With the auditory assault of Genichiro and Faeris' battle, Linqi only scarcely caught the sound of footsteps getting next to her. Her head jerking immediately to her right as she found the man she had called a weakling up on his feet sprinting. While not by itself impressive, she had seen his leg seemingly burst with blood. That was usually a fatal injury, at the very least a disabling one. A few days at the very least, and yet here he was on his feet again. She reacted just as he reached into her arrow quiver, slapping his hand away. Resulting in the pistol flying from both her possession and his, the gun landing off some ways on the ground. She grabbed her poleaxe and readied herself.

"You have magic as well?"

She kept at the ready, if he started to run towards the pistol, she would follow and attempt to skewer him on the spear end of her poleaxe.

Comment

Just as Faeris and the samurai clashed Gaute had his hand on the grip of his gun, but the girl had noticed him as he had gotten very close. She slapped Gaute’s hand but the fact that he had in fact gripped the gun resulting in it being flung some ways away from both him and her. He looked into his eyes as she was seemingly surprised he was back on his feet, which wasn’t that weird considering the shape he was in just 5 or 6 minutes ago.

"You have magic as well?", she asked, clearly uneducated. That told Gaute that she was from a time even further back than he was. "No, technology and medicine is a bit further along in my timeline. I’ve picked up that much from this fight, I’m sure you have too.", Gaute said half-mockingly. He looked at his gun and then at the girl’s readiness, she had a sure tell that she anticipated Gaute going for his gun which obviously made it an easy decision to fight instead. He had previously put his knife back in it’s holster so he decided to once again unsheath it, brandishing it’s polished design with just the tiny bit of blood, his own from the removal of shrapnel, on the tip.

"You want to fight, little girl? I didn’t catch your name earlier. I’m a soldier by the name of Gaute Tidemann, from a different part of the world than you. Not sure if there’s such a name as Scandinavia from the time you come from...", Gaute casually made conversation to size her up. He stared her down all the while. She might be even stronger than himself, but Gaute was a seasoned veteran in terms of war so he figured he could at least hold his own. "Jeg kan ikke ha tvil om meg selv nå. Hva enn jeg gjør må jeg være på vakt, konstant.", he thought to himself in his own language while giving the girl a slight smirk.

Translation:

Jeg kan ikke ha tvil om meg selv nå. Hva enn jeg gjør må jeg være på vakt, konstant. = I can't doubt myself now. Whatever I do I have to be on guard, constantly.
              Last edited by Emmeth; 03-06-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

With the increased speed of his opponent, Genichiro could do nothing but defend himself. The samurai flashed his blade as quickly as he could, but he found this force sword making its way into Genichiro's armor. Gashes were left all over his body and as he grew weaker, he swung his blade weakly. The proud man then fell onto his knees, holding his wounds. His time was almost up yet again.

"I-Is that all?" Genichiro asked, blood trickling out of his mouth. He placed his left hand on his helmet and tossed it off to the side. His red and black eyes staring firmly at his opponent.

Comment

"Little girl?" She says as Gaute pulls out his knife, a smirk growing as her eyes shift to the weapon he was using for a split second before returning to his eyes.

"Scandinavia? I've never heard of it, such is the nature of insignificant countries. But I'm certain you've heard of China. My Father works to unify the lands and purge the chaos the land is in with nothing more than his might. For that matter, you may call me by name Lu Lingqi, daughter of the mighty Lu Bu." At this point, her chin raised.

"You may be stubborn, but no amount of stubborness will let you best the daughter of Lu Bu... I'd love to see you try though!"

Deep within the poleaxe of Lingqi's a soul burns with the fire of ten thousand ambitious men. Watching as his Daughter engages the strange westerner. This was a battle that, if he was there, he was certain he could deal in one strike. Not even of his weapon, but with a simple stomp. Yet, he was forced to spectate. For now, he would. But the more his soul burns, the less able his confinement was. A smile forms from this ambitious fire, his Daughter was following in his footsteps.

Comment

"Little girl?", she repeated some of the words Gaute had said. He couldn’t be sure she was insulted or amused by this as there were little to no emotion on her face. She looked at his knife for a second before looking back into Gaute’s eyes. "Scandinavia? I've never heard of it, such is the nature of insignificant countries. But I'm certain you've heard of China. My Father works to unify the lands and purge the chaos the land is in with nothing more than his might. For that matter, you may call me by name Lu Lingqi, daughter of the mighty Lu Bu.", she answered and gave information about herself and her origin. ’Unify the lands’ sounded like China alright, they had been trying to do that countless times throughout history. That’s the extent of what Gaute knew, he wondered how she would react to knowing her country was led by communists. Then again, she probably had no idea what that ideology even was.

"You may be stubborn, but no amount of stubborness will let you best the daughter of Lu Bu... I'd love to see you try though!", she said rather confidently, but it didn’t frighten Gaute. He was ready to test his skills, skills which might be enhanced by some sort of magic judging from the jump he made earlier. "Maybe you’ve caught on, maybe you haven’t. Maybe I’m wrong and full of shit, but I think we’re more evenly matched than you think.", he said still with the smirk on his face.

He didn’t do anything fancy to prepare, he swerved slightly to the right away from the other fight circling her. "Come on...", he taunted to Lu Lingqi, hoping for a reaction.

Comment

Match Over!
                      Voting Begins!
                      Remember everyone, vote for who you think was the best written one, not for who would win in a fight. Everyone gets only one vote, participants cannot vote for themselves. Since this is a round robin tournament, everyone gets to move onto the next match, regardless of the amount of votes.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

This was really tough because I thought everyone did a really excellent job. But personally I found Daemon's writing to be the best and I really enjoyed the way he wrote his abilities.

Greeny/Genichiro Ashina- 0
                        Goddess Ultimecia/Lu Linqqi- 0
                        Daemon Keido/Faeris of Armageddon- 1
                        Emmeth/Gaute Tidema- 0

Comment

A little disappointed with how it ended, basically on a cliffhanger. Goddess Ultimecia has explained why and I respect his explanation.

Anyway, I'm voting for Goddess Ultimecia because I think he compliments my own writing the best here. We bounced of each other quite well and I can't wait to write against him again.
                          By the way, it's Tidemann, not Tidema

Greeny/Genichiro Ashina: 0
                          Goddess Ultimecia/Lu Lingqi: 1
                          Daemon Keido/Faeris of Armageddon: 1
                          Emmeth/Gaute Tidemann: 0

Comment

Unfortunately this round was plagued by very ill timed absences that we couldn't really help. As a result we ended up not having the ability to show exactly what we were going for (hopefully something that can be remedied in the next round now that as far as I know of, we won't have any unexpected leaves)

For what we were able to get out of it, I think Emmeth did the best out of us. Having to essentially play as someone that's outmatched in virtually every measurable metric. Someone who has a disadvantage in firearms, melee weaponry, armour and abilities and yet managed it pretty well for the time given. I'm especially looking forward to the way he progresses the character considering our opponents from here on get more, and more bizarre.

Greeny/Genichiro: 0

Emmeth/Gaute Tidemann: 1

Comment

This was a pretty interesting match, and in a lot of ways felt a lot more clusterphobic than ours!

Everyone did pretty well, but despite Greeny having missing out at first, I think he's done a good job with his character, simple and effective phrasing while still being able to go back and forth with the other contestants, I want to give my vote to Greeny here.

Greeny/Genichiro: 1

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

I have to vote for Greeny. True, be didn't get to be in as much as he'd like but that will surely change now. And I can't wait for more clashes lol

Greeny/Genichiro: 2

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Working...
                                X