Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rogue Trader RP Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eucaleys seemed more amused than threatened by McDaniels. He was leaning on his lascarbine like it were a crutch of sorts, not flinching, unmoving from the gun placed to his head. He no longer had a helmet on. Yet he was unusually calm given the circumstances.

"We're all dogs. I did not hear the order. I heard Dekker give the order to leave none alive, and that was my prerogative. I could not hear any other orders amidst the firefight. I suppose I should have realized we were interrogating survivors, but, I have the instincts of an old soldier, even if I am still young. If you wish to fire, then, fire." Eucaleys pressed his scarred head against the weapon's muzzle. "But in the likely event that I survive, you will not. As far as I'm concerned, I saved our lives while you were hiding." Eucaleys would finish his monologue, his gaze never moving to even so much as regard McDaniels as a threat and instead staying fixated on the survivors. He clearly did not take Glenn McDaniels seriously, and since Mortius had calmed him down, he was going to remain calm... for now.

Though McDaniels did have a point: what happens next time he snaps? He showed reason now, but, what if a more fever-pitched battle arrived?
    Brother! Your crusade IS OVER!!

NO...!!

Comment

Mortius was conflicted, on one hand. Eucaleys had just shown himself to be mentally unstable, switching in between a lucid state and this almost primal call to let blood fly. Hell, he didn't even know his personality all that well, was he potentially a snake? Someone that wouldn't hold up their word?

On the other hand, next to him, pointing his gun at the Primaris' head.

Emperor give me strength

Slowly looking up, Mortius locked eyes with the Navigator, an impromptu snarl slowly twisting his face ever so slightly. Not because of disgust for the Psykers he was in the presence of, but just because of the sheer potential danger he was in. Two Psykers, especially of this level potentially getting into a scuffle... with him in the middle of it. Nevermind his physical body, that surely would be dead, but his soul itself likely could be torn to shreds as could his mind. He treaded carefully from here.

​​​​​​​"Navigator, I implore you to seek other options, not everything must result in death."

Comment

McDaniels was not phased by this. "You mistake wisdom for cowardice." He sneered back, looking down upon the former primaris. Looking at him "Insubordinate fools should not be rewarded with further life, provided you hold him steady he will not prove a danger. A single bullet can kill a space marine if it strikes him in his head." Exaggerating slightly, space marines had thick skulls, but their eyes were the same as any other humans when put up against modern weaponry. "As I said before, for now he is docile, what happens next time?"

"This option will prevent death." He said, holding his pistol until it was touching his head. "Dekker? Permission to kill the insubordinate?" He said, as a formality.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

"My initial order was to leave none alive. The insubordination here was in you demanding we keep some alive anyway. Our lives come first, the enemy's a distant second. They will not be the last to want us dead. You will remember this, Navigator....."

Dekker stepped in, eyes as focused as they had been before. Unlike Mortius, he looked at McDaniel's normal eyes without fear. He knew to look at the third eye was fatal, but one needed to merely remember to ignore it. Also, he knew McDaniels, the social ladder climber that he was, would never open it in his direction. "Lower. Your. Weapon."
          A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Eucaleys opened his eyes, finally looking over at the Navigator and Rogue Trader, the weapon still pressed against his head. He said nothing, but, remained just as calm as he had since Mortius took him down. His mood swings were indeed volatile, and he felt at least partially responsible for this.

"As a former soldier, this is unacceptable to even my own standards. I should have been able to read the situation. Dekker, I apologize. Thank you, Arbiter." He nodded ever so slightly towards Mortius, head still pressed against the weapon, before finally turning to look at Glenn McDaniels. "And Navigator..." Eucaleys smiled - genuinely - through broken teeth. "I'll forgive and forget... this time. Let's not tear everyone apart with a fight here and now, eh?"

NO...!!

Comment

A few seconds passed as he stared at him. Then glanced back at the man, slowly he withdrew his weapon saying "Thank your captain for his generosity. Not many would exercise it so... Readily" He simply said. "I'll attend to the survivors." He said, before coming over to the five men, and crouching next to one, he'd die within the day without medical attention.

"Was this planned? Did you or someone you work with shoot us down so you could rob us?" "Go **** your pet ork, Mutant" McDaniels looked at the other four. "Look away. Or don't." He said.

He then stared at him, and opened his third eye, right at the other person, his hands going to keep them open. He would suffer for this. He simply waited for the man to break, to start screaming or gurgling uncontrollably. As he fell, he closed his third eye. "Perhaps you can give me the answer I'm looking for." And he responded "I'm just some dumb gunhand, all I know is they wanted some Rogue Trader dead!" "So you have nothing to give?"

His eyes met his. A second passed before he broke. "My boss! His name is Parker! Parker Gentik! Said something about Dekker owes a blood debt!" "Rogue Trader?" he asked, to corroborate the evidence.

Comment

Quiller walked away after accepting the ork's headbutt to his high five, jumping on top of his ship to look into the distance. He still kept an eye on his crew, just in case they were gonna start playing "let's kill randomly" without him, but for now, he focused his senses elsewhere. The quills and hairs that served as his "mane" began to shiver, as they tried to detect anything potentially edible or dangerous in the vacinity. His sight and nostrils did the same, trying to see or smell anything that could escape his sensitive quills and hairs. Several kilometers were covered in just a few seconds, and Quiller could see even beyond this...

Nothing.

Or at least, nothing lethal. Just small rodents that could serve as quick meals for some members of the crew, assuming they liked those.

"The coast is clear. There's nothing troublesome nearby." - said Quiller, specifically towards the Rogue Trader.
                Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Dekker crossed his arms, looking at their prisoner. "Parker Gentik is dead. He died twelve years ago when his ship exploded from a Lance strike. You lie."

"i do not! He lost his right arm to that explosion but he made it to a lifeboat. He almost died several times on that shuttle but he kept alive long enough to make a revenge plan against you!"

Dekker smirked nodding to the destroyed Speeders. "......And in twelve years, this was his best plan? It seems that explosion took more than an arm, his ingenuity went with it."

"Look, I told you what I know! I'm a dead man anyway if I go back to Parker. So there's no need to kill me.....right?"

Dekker looked the man in the eyes as he spoke, and the warmth of his humor died not long after he began speaking. "......Give him to Quiller. Let the Kroot do with him as he will. In the meantime we need to get to that starport. Parker or no Parker, we have leads to look into."
                  A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

McDaniels chuckled. "So then alien, want to eat him immediately?" He said, as roughly passed off the talker to Quiller. It didn't matter at this point what happened to them, let the savage xenos eat them or stuff him into that fridge of his. He'd love to see their reaction, hoping on all hopes that a xenos would spare him.
                    Last edited by Tinny; 05-02-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Quiller grabbed the thug by the head and lifted him up as he begged for mercy, then tossed him back down against the ground, causing some minor physical damage. He began taking bits and pieces off his armor with his powerful claws, shredding the suit as if it were paper, until only the man's underwear was left. Quiller looked down upon this potential prey, and through his eyes, the four beasts within craved for the man's meat. But the Kroot chose a less predatory route, despite his bloodthirsty nature. This human had failed to survive. He failed his mission in nature. He deserved death... But there's always something worse.

The mutant took a good look at the man's crotch and gently placed his foot on top of it... He then used the claws on his foot to rip the man's sexual organs off, but did not completely destroy them, only to screw the man even more. He was no doubt in incredible pain, but Quiller didn't care, his mind was elsewhere at the time. He held the man by the arm and threw him even farther than he'd thrown the ork, far from where the ship was. He looked back at "green eyes", as he called him, McDaniels, who no doubt would've preferred Quiller to eat him alive like a rabid monster.

"He will die here, alone, without the chance to procreate and extend his lineage. He failed his mission in life... this is punishment enough." - he said, before walking away.

Heh, that came out pretty good for a terran phrase from that one "movie" we watched a while back. - thought Quiller as he walked back into his ship with a smile.

Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Eucaleys had mixed feelings about watching the Kroot dismantle the man. On the one hand, it was solid entertainment. On the other, he failed to finish the job. As the man was hurled, Eucaleys lifted his weapon and did his best to aim a blast that would hit him before he hit the ground.

"Enough is enough. The order was to leave none alive. After the intel was extracted, that order still stands. What if the enemy were to recover him?" Eucaleys wasn't sure if his shot hit its mark as the Kroot's victim would likely die on impact anyway, but, the soldier inside Eucaleys was irritated. He turned to Dekker. "Next time you need someone killed right, Rogue Trader, ask me."

With that, the former Primaris put his helmet back on and hid his hideously scarred face. "Let's reach the Starport."

NO...!!

Comment

"Hmph!" - grunted Quiller.

"You spared him from the slow and agonizing death he deserved! That is the right way to kill prey in nature, slowly and painfully! A quick kill shows either mercy or great skill. In this case, it's mercy, and that, is a weakness. We won't doubt your skill as a warrior, but from this moment on, you've become weak in our eyes. Weak and slow." - said Quiller, as he walked into his ship to check for any corpses that he could bring and/or consume to take abilities from for the upcoming mission. He couldn't help but think about what was wrong with Eucaleys.

Surely he realized the man would've died from the fall or blood loss, or both... He is truly slow... Something is not right in his head... - Quiller thought, remembering the human's past actions.
                          Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Eucaleys narrowed his eyes in annoyance at Quiller, though his head was covered. And he thought Eucaleys spoke at length? He bit off his words harshly. "Only a fool allows an enemy to survive. I don't need to prove my strength to any of you: I'd simply rather a mongrel not be what gets us all killed. Are you aware of how many times I've seen circumstance go awry? If there is even a 0.1% chance that man could have survived long enough to relay a message to his comrades, that would be devastating and potentially fatal to the Rogue Trader. To all of us. I'm not even sure that my shot hit him, so, that threat may still be present. Weakness is found in those who compromise their own and their comrades safety for personal pleasure. You failed to follow an order, I adhered to it. We are on a battlefield, not in nature. Fail again and I will treat you as the enemy, disgusting beast."

Eucaleys' voice became cold and aloof, bordering on violent. He completely tuned out Quiller or any further responses. He wasn't even sure if Quiller heard him or not as he had gone off in search of food. He didn't care and regarded Dekker again.

NO...!!

Comment

McDaniels actually believed Eucaleys here, though perhaps he should expect a xenos would be too foolish to finish off a potential danger. He backed Eucaleys here "Never assume an enemy is dead, until the light leaves their eyes. I've thought others to be doomed to death before, only for them to somehow come back and further intervene with my plans again. People can survive incredible odds, if given time and space. If you want to survive, it's best you not underestimate others."

Comment

It had been confirmed, the human was truly insane. Perhaps this was just common among humans, the green eyed one wasn't particularly okay up there either.

He did not care.

There was no convincing with these crazy apes. With any luck, they wouldn't start throwing their own feces at him.
                                Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Working...
                                X