Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rogue Trader RP Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feh, on the xenos ship... Dekker seemed to trust the beast, enough to take his transport anyway. He wouldn't hold up proceedings here, but he would keep a close eye on Quiller. He ignored the ork for now once again, simply giving it a sneer of contempt. Once inside, he'd look at the interior, briefly noting the large amount of weapons stored in here. There was still enough space for them, but this could constitute a small armory... He supposed if they needed to fight, at the least they could all equip themselves on the ship, though it was doubtful this would go beyond a few skirmishes and they wouldn't need to even touch the creature's stash.

For now, he'd simply keep a normal eye out for Quiller. Just in case his alien instincts took over and he tried to crash the ship into the ground.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

"Very well." Mortius spoke as he quickly made his way to the ship. He was equipped well enough, autogun fastened to his waist, pistol on his hip. Arbiter armour, helmet and visor sealed. He was ready, come hell or high water. He trusted both in his ability, and in the Emperor's will that protected so many of the Imperium, he was surely no different. Should worse come to worst, he would be the one to save this crew. Nothing would stand in the way of him and his noble goal to liberate Crixos from the thu-

The Ork cut in front of Mortius just as he was about to enter, and then stopped the group from entering. Raising his mechanical tool, he yelled at them.

"Yer all will see, I'z as important as any uv yer. When we get down ta fight'n', i'll be ‘da wun ya lot will see stand'n tall." Mortius scowled at the Ork, putting his hand on its face and shoving him off to the side before walking in and taking a seat at first sight of one. The Ork, having stumbled into the ship by the push, grinned toothily.

"I fink 'e likes ma guts" Before making his way to sit across from Mortius. Toothy grin seeming to be permanent.

Comment

All this talk had reminded Quiller why he liked being alone. He should've never added additional seats to his ship. The ork was a fun one, though.

I suppose that... deep inside, I'm still a Kroot in need of a kindred, a clanless freak seeking to be part of a clan after all. - thought the mutant, considering himself one entity instead of many for once, as he entered the ship and got into the pilot's seat.

"I see the way you look at me, green eyes." - he said, referring to the one named Glenn. - "I've seen those eyes before, not just in humans, or not just of hatred, but of lack of understanding and intense desire..."

He stopped talking for a second.

"You want to mate with me, don't you?" - he said, jokingly and with a smuggish smile. Though there were parts within him that were strangely aroused.
        Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

His sneer somehow became more pronounced, if such a thing was possible, his nose crinkling in disgust at the suggestion. Truly the kroots were an abominable species, and he couldn't wait until the Imperium exterminated his race, and their so called greater good. He refused to lower himself to verbally responding to such a disgusting notion of heresy and debauchery, and said, commanded really, as he was used to doing at his own home, "Just fly." He resisted his temptation to spit on the floor, though it could only make this ship cleaner with an ork and kroot walking aboard it, it would probably enrage the surely weak minded fool that kept on jibbering. Or perhaps the kroot would take it as a mating ritual and actually try to lay with him.

Comment

Eucaleys tapped his foot impatiently and glared over at the Kroot. His mind was not fluctuating into the darkness, but, rather leaning over suspiciously into some benevolence and friendliness. At times, he didn't understand these mood swings and attributed it to the accident.

"I've met many of your kind, killed more than my fair share." Eucaleys would finally speak, his slightly hoarse voice sounding unfamiliar to even himself. "And heard many more stories. Of all those in the ranks of the Imperium, I can safely say I never recall one hating or vowing revenge on the Kroot. Have no illusion, we certainly planned to exterminate your filth down to the last but... your kind were designated lower priority. Lowest, depending on who you asked." Coming from someone formerly with the esteemed rank of Primaris, this was about as high of a compliment he could give.

Eucaleys briefly reflected on his time in the Imperium of Man before speaking again. "You're certainly annoying though." Eucaleys directed at the Kroot, then glanced over to the filthy ork. "But not the most intolerable thing on this vessel. I suppose I should introduce myself as we wait for the tardy Rogue Trader." He stood briefly, leaving his helmet where he had just rose from. He was an imposing man, and the previous darkness that eclipsed him seemed to wane as he spoke. "My name is Eucaleys Gaminetic, former Primaris Psyker of the Imperium of Man: make no mistake - all of you - if you irritate me or get in my way, especially at the wrong time, I will not hesitate in turning you into a stain on the ground. Know your place and you will live long enough to be killed by something else." He then quietly sat, abruptly ending his speech. The tone he used was uncharacteristically lighthearted, despite being quite an obvious and serious threat.

That was the most he had said in quite awhile. Eucaleys surprised himself, hoping to disembark soon. Given his volatile mood, he figured it best to do away with introductions while he could stomach the interaction.
            Brother! Your crusade IS OVER!!

NO...!!

Comment

After ensuring everyone was aboard, Dekker keyed his personal Vox relayed through the ship to the planet Bernito's Stake and its main starport. After a time, he nodded, which obviously went unseen to the voice he spoke to and turned to their perhaps less than eager pilot in Quiller. "We are to land at Docking Station 27. It's the one that's partially aflame. Apparently, one of the servitors loading fuel cells exploded and took part of its compliment with it. They are to have the fire under control by the time we get there. If not, simply use the external vents to snuff it out. Also......don't deviate from the overlaid flight course. Their defensive weaponry will.......correct us." The look on Dekker's face was all business, and one could easily see the authority he had now. He was never a soldier in the Imperium but he had fought nearly as long as their Primaris, not not as intensely. The fringes were where a thousand blood feuds began and ended in ignominity on an almost hourly rate, and his family was not exempt from that truth.
              A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Quiller found Glenn's reaction quite amusing. He was somewhat concerned about the thought of mating now entering his mind, considering he wasn't sexually mature yet for Kroot standards, but considering how he was an experiment and a mutant, who knew how the rules were dictated with the likes of him? The next to open their mouth was the Psyker, something his kind was somewhat familiar with but not him, as Quiller found out when he had to turn to see who was talking to him. And dear, he talked a lot. Quiller had a quick way to reply to all of that.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that threat. Don't mind repeating it for me, I didn't really care."

He turned back to face his ship's controls, waiting for directions from the Rogue Trader.

And there he was, giving away orders and instructions. This was also easy to reply in a fast manner.

"Okay."

He started up his ship's engines, which made a sound akin to a Great Knarloc's roar, another addition to his ship to honor his main race, besides the overall Kroot-like design of the vessel. The dock bay's doors opened, and this crew's ship marched onwards to the planet below, soon entering said planet's exosphere.
                Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

The impudence of..! Fools, surrounded everywhere by rude fools. Especially Eucaleyes, already showing himself off to be unreliable, ready to kill us. Calling Glenn McDaniels annoying was impudent, and he found little comfort in his reassurance that he was not the most unbearable thing on this vessel. The disrespect was still there all the same.

Still, the message was received. Stay out of his way, or kill him first.

Rogue Trader Dekker arrived, setting the course, and informing him. He was... Not what he expected, unlike many of the louts, he actually had some air of authority and experience. At the least, he seemed like he had bee around and learned from his experiences... In any case, they were heading down to the planet, with hope, the kroot wouldn’t immediately get them killed in a show of useless defiance, the way he talked back to humans.

He took out his pistol, and inspected it one last time, something to do rather than trade words and barbs with the cretins.

Comment

"I would say I'm surprised by the callousness of a primaris, but I've had one too many experiences first-hand as they visited my homeworld. Callous doesn't even begin to approximate the word I'd like to use to describe them, but given what they were called in for, callous being the inklings of a definition was what was needed. Take heed of what Eucaleys speaks, psykers of his sort have seen the world and continue to do so in a way many of us simply cannot comprehend. But, do know, should you fall for the trappings of Chaos, it is by the blessed might of the grain of my round that your diseased brain will be splattered upon the walls. Just as your duty to the Imperium does not end with a discharge, neither too does my duty as a judge." Mortius spoke through his visor, having raised just enough to show his dried mouth, stubble and slight showings of a beard beginning to grow.

"So too does that go for the rest of you, especially the greenskin."

The 'greenskin' as he was so delicately called, responded almost immediately in joy.

"'e noticed me! Ya got me blush'n like a speedfreek 'n a red warbuggy!" Mortius did not take kindly to the response, groaning as his visor covered the entirety of his face once again. His fist tightening, the urge to just put one between its eyes was growing with every reply.

Comment

Eucaleys' darkness crept in as a wicked and twisted smile revealed his missing teeth, his black eyes bordering on fanatical. One could almost see a lifetime of pain and hatred in them.

His look faded as quickly as it had arrived. He found a great deal of respect for Mortius, little for the Kroot, the Ork was disgusting all the same. He thought almost as little of McDaniels who had proudly introduced himself first. Though, the Ork was the most egregious and annoying offender on board, this "Goolblitz". McDaniels was all talk, but, this Mortius he found he would deign a response for. "You are wise indeed to heed my words. Heed my silence more." He abruptly cut himself off. "Should I ever fall to Chaos - or you simply earn my ire - I pray for the rest of your odds of survival. If you can put me down, then, I won't object. If I cannot defeat you, then, I simply did not deserve to live." He fell back into a brooding silence and seemed utterly unapproachable. He would not respond to any others except the Rogue Trader. He hoped the Kroot wouldn't screw up his directions and kill them all.

NO...!!

Comment

After entering atmosphere, the ship dinged an alert of the numerous antiair defensive guns, noting all were at defensive station keeping. After a few minutes, one gun emplacement on the HUD flashed red, an alert sounding inside the cockpit. Dekker quirked an eye, tapping his vox tie-in.

"Station 27, one of your guns just locked onto us. We are on the designated path. Please confirm."

"Trader Dekker, our guns read green. Stand by."

A few minutes passed and the gun was still locked on.....and had armed weapons. "Station 27, gun is locked and armed! Request immediate evasive actions! Repeat-"

The defensive guns opened fire, and got readily solid shots struck the ship, shattering its engine compartment and making them fall out of the sky at an uncontrolled rate, pitching and yawing as they fell. Dekker gripped the side of the cockpit door as he was partially pinned to the wall, straining to pull himself up so Quiller could hear.

"Engage.......emergency......thrusters.......W e need to hit flat if we are to live!"
                        A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Eucaleys was lost in the dark pit of his own mind. He barely heard the Rogue Trader addressing Station 27, though, he could discern that there was some targeting error, possibly? Still, he didn't care enough to actually divert his attention. He heard enough, though, to not immediately blame and then attack the Kroot for betraying them. Then everything lurched and he was rocked forward, finding his balance and not tumbling forward due to leaning on his armaments. A thin smile crested his lips. The Rogue Trader had made some kind of order to Quiller and Eucaleys roared in a mix of anger and crazed laughter.

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!

The surge of excitement and rush of energy left him to find his voice again among the furor of noises. His absolute giddy crazed laughter was sure to disturb anyone not used to these sudden, dramatic mood shifts. Even now, though, he seemed dark and foreboding despite this... odd behaviour. It was clear he wanted to hurt something. While he had his target locked on whoever had made the foolish decision to shoot them down, if any of his crewmates provided the slightest impetus for violence, he would only find some restraint in the fact that killing them might result in their total failure and his death. He began muttering something under his breath, as close to a prayer as one could imagine, mouthing the word 'mother' every so often. Between that and the bursts of laughter, he only contributed to the chaos in the most unusual of ways. This man seemed absolutely unhinged and his mood swings were even more extreme. His crewmates could only hope this would translate to success in battle.

NO...!!

Comment

He had paid attention to his gun, so hearing the gunfire, and the weapons, his mind immediately leaped to the natural conclusion "THE DAMNED KROOT!" Of course that creature would get them all killed, what fool trusts human lives to Xenos!? It was not time yet to attack though, he braced himself, "Kroot, make sure we survive this landing, or you will beg for the swe-"

No time to get the rest of the threat, even a xenos has self-preservation. He'd make sure they landed, if he tried to kill them, he'd kill the alien, and land the ship himself if he had to.

In this case though, it was the ork to worry about, "Ork, grab something and hold onto it! Don't even think about starting a fight here!" He barked. Last thing he needed was for the greenskin to decide now was the best time to start a fight.

He grabbed onto the side, holstered his pistol, safeties on, and his body prepared for the crash. He had trained for situations like these of course, but from rival families.

Once they've crashed, assuming they survived, he would immediately ask the obvious question "Did the Kroot cause this?"

Comment

Gripping onto his seat as hard as possible, Mortius grimaced as the ship bent and warped as they fell in high speed uncontrollably. He had no time to begin to put blame on the matter, and if any of it should fall, it would have to be on the one that was communicating to this station in the first place. That much Mortius knew. Given what he had read of the fringes of the galaxy, it being a wild west with no regard for safety or docking protocol was not a surprise, more an inevitability.

Goolblitz, face smashed into a wall, and being held by the forces of both gravity and momentum, slowly turned his head from the wall, showing an indent. And rose a thumb to the navigator.

"Ma face grabbed on da wall, iz ‘dat a gud enough grip?"

Comment

"Hold onto your butts." - said Quiller, trying to calm down his crew... while also having a little bit of fun. There were a plethora of emotions going on inside his head at the moment. His own ship had just got shot, after all.

He pulled back and swerved his ship towards the nearest pocket of water, so that it would soften the landing. The ship indicated the depth so that Quiller would know that they wouldn't sink very deep, perhaps only a few meters. He was only planning on putting the fire out.

With any luck, none of his crew members had a fear for water, or couldn't swim, but they had nothing to fear since Quiller ended up missing the small lake, tearing through the ground as they crashed.

Luckily, Quiller had his seat belt on. He wondered how the others were doing...
                                Last edited by Darker; 26-01-2019, 06:38 PM.
                                Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Working...
                                X