Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rogue Trader: Adventures In Pioneer Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue Trader: Adventures In Pioneer Space

Welcome everyone to what is probably my most waited for event: Rogue Trader!

I could go into alot of detail about what you will expect but let's get to the basics only for those just looking to dip their toes into the pool. Rogue Trader is a Warhammer 40,000 RP where you work for the titular Rogue Trader as you work to find new planets, resources and other useful goodies for the Imperium of Man. And if you do exceptionally well, you'll get the ultimate golden parachute to retire with: your own planet to rule!

Of course, this is still 40K so expect the perils to equal your rewards. But to those brave, skilled and lucky enough, your fortune awaits in the cold space of Sector Obscuras. Who among you will sign on that dotted line and claim it?
    A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

I'm uguu to sign up with the presumed billion character sheets I'll be filling out :P

I guess as a general question, is there any specific or general direction you want as sign ups? Any also, for any roles, are there any positions where I may want to research on? I recall the navigator was fairly unique.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Since we are going to be rather imperialist privateers, you should always keep in mind that combat is gonna be a major part of this RP. But social and other useful skillsets won't be a bad choice. Although this is 40K, there will be no PC Space Marines. If any show up, they will be NPCs used by me alone.

Your party should include at least one AdMech priest, one combat Psyker and potentially a noncombat one too if you are not comfortable pulling double duty.

Also, we are gonna spend an awful lot of time on starships and dropships so you had better have good reasons for being claustrophobic, not that these ships are exactly tight quarters.

Also, being skilled in capital ship maintenance or performance is wise. At the very least, gunnery officers are gonna have a lot of use.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Also, what's the limit/s?
        Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

When you say limits, what do you mean?

The Emperor Protects

Comment

What kind of character can we create or use for this, be it power-wise, species-wise? Does it have to be from 40k or from outside?
            Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

This is gonna be 40K exclusive for character generation. I would prefer you choose a human or one of the human subtypes (Ogryn, Ratling, Psyker or Navigator) but I would not refuse a Xenos from the Eldar or Orks without good reason. Nobody from Dark Eldar, Chaos, Necron or Tyranids though, they are gonna be encounter options. Tau are possible but they are uncommon in the sector of the galaxy we are adventuring in so you'll need to justify it more.

As for power, that is relative. 40K is weighted pretty damn heavy as you may remember lol

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Hmm, yeah. I now remember I had to check what races I could use for this RP... IF I were to be part of it, that is
                Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Fair enough on that one dude.

The Emperor Protects

Comment

Sign me up son

Comment

Sign me the fuck up bb. Human, of course. Gotta play it safe here!
                      Brother! Your crusade IS OVER!!

NO...!!

Comment

Working...
                      X