Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niagara Falls Holy Grail War part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls Holy Grail War part 2

Welcome back to the Holy Grail War, now on the new site. I'll be posting the links to...

the sign up plus example questions.

The character generation thread.

And of course, the main thread itself for continuity.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Berserker has been seen and identified, and will be noticed going out in public. Mordred as been seen and identified, and will be noticed going out in public. Assassin's true form has been identified, and will be noticed going out in public. Saber has been seen and identified, and will be noticed going out in public. Archer has not been seen or identified, he will not be noticed, Assassin's other form has not been identified, and will not be noticed going out in public.
    Rin Tohsaka has been identified, and will be noticed going out in public. Mulla has been identified, and will be noticed going out in public. Liliana has been seen and identified, but her appearance has changed drastically, and she will not be noticed going out in public (though this is not foolproof). Robert has not been seen or identified, and will not be noticed in public. Ambers has not been seen or identified and will not be noticed in public. Bazett has been seen and identified and will be noticed going out in public. Niko has not been seen or identified and will not be noticed going out in public.
    The world of magic has been revealed. A massive battle in the city of Niagara Falls, and the failure of the Church and Mage’s Association to keep it secret. With many of the servants dead, the holy grail war would seem to be coming to a close, in fact, enough servants have died for that normally to be the end. But servants still live, many in fact, particularly two Sabers. Two of the same class. And the intertwining of two worlds, never meant to meet...

Before the holy grail war had begun. Another wizard, from a far off plane and an alien world. He had power beyond imagining for most mortals. For his own reasons however, he wanted more. That brought him to this world. An effort to reach Akasha. His methods were a danger to the world however, and so the counter force fought against it. A struggle that could see no end, the wizard saw that his attempts to gain it directly would only end in a stalemate. He instead sent a force in, from yet another universe. This was allowed, but it broke the balance between worlds. Weakening the barrier between them. And so when the holy grail began, and the magic was gathered at the same time, in similar places. It pierced the veil. Two grail wars being held concurrently. Two of each class. Of each grail.

A reporter is giving Ambers multiple questions, seeing her as a hero after witnessing her defeat the monster that the Magi would know as ‘Assassin.’ Waver Velvet had found the truth of the situation, the existence of both universes, despite being mostly divorced from the war now. Anton Smith was at the church, caring for the weak as well as he could given his responsibilities. Soon he’d have to leave. Bazette reflected over her failure to keep the war secret. Rin was also heading up to the grail, alongside the river, and she would soon be witness to the event to follow...

Berserker, Liliana, and Mulla had come to the site of the grail, the hole in the sky that was the source of this entire conflict turned calamity. One attack, meant to obliterate this grail. This evil that had ruined their lives.

It was attacked. A bright and glorious light striking against it with all it’s power. The wish of spite, to end the grail, and destroy the source of their woe. It struck true however. And it retaliated the only way it knew how.

As it struck, a black disgusting mud, glowing red with malice began to spill out. Setting fire to all it touched. Smoke would quickly bellow out. Much of it fell into the water, quickly boiling the water, and soon the entire river, flowing down water hot enough burn and scar. For the most part, it simply followed the path of least resistance. And yet... It did not mindlessly move, not all of it. A large portion of it, that which remained on land, seemed almost aware. Barely. But enough. One could almost see the hands coming out of it, stretching out, pushing themselves, crawling over itself. It came towards its assailant. The one who struck at it. A dying grail, desiring revenge at this attack. Outwardly, and yet, there was also amusement in it. It was only vaguely aware of the world outside itself. But even a vague notion could see what had happened. Destruction not seen since the fourth grail war, accomplished almost entirely without the grail. Something, somewhere laughed. It was just as deserved. It’s hatred justified in entirety. It flowed out. All of it’s black hate. Some trying to capture the tarnished king. Some simply lashing out at a world that had proven itself cruel.

And when it was over, when the mud ceased its deliberate flowing. The ring of fire ended up covering a swath of destruction a mile wide. Warnings bellowed out, soon as they realized it, loud speakers practically yelling once again to evacuate. Those trapped would find themselves burned alive in all the world’s evil.
    For the environment it was an ecological disaster. For the two cities that named themselves for the river, this was the biggest tragedy they had faced, in combination with the dragon attack and the revelation of magic. For the nation's of the world, this was a showing of the raw danger magic could have.

The grail was seemingly gone after all this...

The area from the Niagara Centre for the arts, to the northern edge of the Niagara Parks Floral Showcase, to just before 8th Street on the American Niagara Falls will burn. The rainbow bridge connecting the two will be destroyed, the islands near it will also be rendered wasteland. The military in this area will evacuate. A fleet of helicopters are converging on the waterfall itself, scanning. The area around it has been declared a disaster zone, and the military will shortly be enforcing a perimeter to keep civilians out.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Artoria shrieked. Without even thinking, she had thrust herself in front of her cub to defend her from the wave of wicked mud and felt it splash against her skin. When it did that, even the great wrath of her class had to falter at how truly agonizing it was. How could anything withstand it, All The World's Evils staining her flesh? Mulla fell to the ground like a puppet with strings cut despite Artoria's stepping in front of her. The strain of being the Grail container was getting to be too much, her mobility and mind being gobbled up further by the void every second. In a sense, Artoria was fighting to save someone already terminal.

"Go on, Artoria. Go on..." Mulla murmured, mercifully not even hearing nor feeling the screams of her servant nor the stench of the mire. Artoria writhed and twisted about, blocking more and more of the mud to burned down to her bones every time. The waves were growing higher now, high enough that their pollution even touched her furious eyes. The yellow of her anger was pitiful next to the black destructiveness of the Grail.

"HRIYAHH!" She was familiar with this ugliness, the very same thing that she had felt moments before vanishing before, with that other mage. She did not make the connection beyond further fueling her fury as she thought of HIM. He must have known that destroying the unholy Grail would lead to such, his wickedness was not in doubt! And yet, for all she struggled with her heroic strength, the mud snatched away at her. She thrust the holy sword forward and unleashed its crackling light in a brutish gesture of power, blowing apart the land in front of her for several meters with the shockwave of the blast. And yet, some of it still clung to her. "WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" Magical energy snapped tendons within her as they were pushed to the limit, forced bones to break. Blood streamed between her teeth as she surged with all the mana she could muster, the mana burst's crackling power sundering the ground at her sides. Inch by agonizing inch, the mud was forced away from her body. Large chunks of rotted flesh and armor fell away from her; she seemed almost like a swiss cheese mockery of her usual self with those holes.

"Mulla...!!!" She could not rely on her own strength anymore, that strength had vanished the moment she had attacked the Grail. She did not regret doing so, but all the same, it meant that her inner fire had sputtered. She could rely only on motherly strength to pry herself from the gloom. With one last slash of her holy, fury-endowed blade, Artoria tore away from the muck and leaped backwards. Grabbing Mulla in her arms, she fled. She fled in random directions, howling at the top of her lungs all the while. She fled while smashing through trees in her way with great strokes of her blade as though it was a cheap woodsman's axe. She fled and fled and fled until her Instincts finally stopped screaming and she collapsed to the ground. She cradled the girl in her arms as reassurance that she was still there; she couldn't see her after all.

It wasn't the sensory overload of madness, but rather the splash of mud that had met her eyes. Artoria's eyes were but black pits in her face now, a terrible complement to the rest of the wounds covering her. And for all of her efforts to save her master, what did she receive? Merely soft breaths that assured her she was still alive. Alive, but in so deep a sleep she was not awake. Artoria would have been content to close her own now non-existent eyes as well and rest with her were it not for one thing.

"Is IT still up there?"

"...Yes, my master. It is, but not. Don't know. It's...is but isn't! The corpse of it!"

"I see. Well, that's annoying. I wish we'd vaporized it all. Is Lili still there too?"

Artoria didn't respond to Mulla's question. Of course she had left her behind, she had to save the one she cared about! Why was it wrong to do that? Liliana did not merit the blood and tears that she had shed for the pitiful little homunculus! None of it! And yet...Mulla's voice was quieter than a mouse. She needed a MAGE. Curling her lips, the blinded, crippled Berserker bellowed to the heavens and sent a crackling, painful thought through the link of master and servant that she, Liliana, and Mulla shared.

"COME HERE!" she demanded. "She needs you..." And not me.
      Last edited by lazerbem; 10-01-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Lost amidst a vortex of familiar, haunting darkness, Elizabeth Bathory screamed as she felt herself plummeting away from reality. Is this where she was born? Is it where she disappeared last time in that damn prison cell? She felt everything slipping. Into... nothing. Just nothing. This was a horrible decision. That foolish girl would let her stay dead. Even worse, she knew that Berserker had somehow finesse'd her way out of yet another mortal confrontation. Bathory would curse the ridiculous nature of Berserker's nine lives - everything from surviving the impossible to divine intervention - if not for the fact that she was coming apart at the seams herself. She had no time to linger on grudging against the one who forced her to end her own second chance at life. But it wasn't just Berserker... that damn mage, the damn girl...why did she trust anyone after the last time? The first time she took a calculated risk and then... this. She hadn't been so fortunate and despite well laid plans to avoid this fate, it seemed unavoidable now. The terrifying reality that Ambers simply hated her settled in. All denial that a permanent death could be the outcome of that battle suddenly exploded into a frenzied panic as she lost everything all over again, her mind's eye dwindling closer and closer to the infinite nothingness she feared so much. She plead, to a god, to anyone to help.

She would wish that she had stayed dead.

Ambers Seanmi was taken aback by the questions initially but blinked hard and appeared truly emotional and yet strangely resolute in her confidence despite what just happened. If the public weren't so hysterical over literal magic suddenly becoming a thing it might be obvious that this was scripted. She had to honestly reflect on the questions though. She reveled in the attention and having to think on her feet like this, almost as if she were evolving as the world did to suit her own needs.

"I was... I was working in the hospital. A few days ago several police officers went into a frenzy and turned on each other. I... saw the aftermath of that. Had to watch one of our patients die even though the surgery was a success it... was heartwrenching. I can only imagine that one of those monsters like the one... I... I... killed one, didn't I? How did I..." She glanced down at her shredded and bloody hands, clearly still affected by the heavy surge of adrenaline and pain medication. "I'm sorry... I think they are capable of a wide array of horrible deeds if the police incident is indeed tied to them as I believed when I first saw that abominable dragon in the sky. How could I not associate them? That's when I ran. I ran as fast as I could down to the EMTs and jumped in the first one I could. My brother is out there and..." Ambers choked back well faked tears.

"He's... still missing. I have hope, though. I knew I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't try to destroy that thing, everyone was dying or paralyzed with fear... I could only look at the brave men twisted on the ground and when I imagined one could be my brother..." She choked on the words that would naturally come next and returned back to the police murders, her hands shaking as the pain became apparent. The interview was intentionally scattershot as she imagined nobody in her position would be able to keep it organized, especially having been pulled aside and asked all of this in the same exact evening. "It's all too tragic for words. The losses we've suffered as a people can only be healed through action but unfortunately... I think that killing the monsters themselves is... next to impossible." She bit the sentence off to let the feeling of dread and hopelessness seep in, her tear-soaked eyes searching the blank space in the room for an answer.

"But we don't need to kill the monsters outright. We need to cut off their metaphorical head, not the literal one..." She paused. "Even though... that is what I did." She tried to smirk. "The humans who give them power. Just that one nearly killed me and everyone else in the vicinity despite having been torn to shreds and rendered immobile. It was in pieces when I attacked it and yet with a mere gesture it could commit mass murder. It killed so many, so fast. It wasn't even the one that created the dragon, I heard. If it didn't take but a single blow to kill, I'd be dead and so would the rest of us. I just moved on my own, I guess... I had formal martial arts training when I was much younger and stay in shape but other than that, I lucked out. We all did." Ambers paused to remember the line of questions in order and then her mouth went slightly agape about the question towards running for office.

"I'm sorry, I can't quite keep all of my thoughts together. I'm rambling a lot so I hadn't quite remembered saying that until now. I'm sorry I brought it up now of all times but the outrage I felt was too great in the moment. I'd run as an Independent, which is what I'm registered to vote as. It's pretty simple: politics have created the whole ignorant state of affairs that allowed these rats to scurry in the shadows and treat people like livestock to feed on. Until the problem can be treated as a way to garner votes, they didn't care about investigating. I hope anyone elected to the Mayoral position in this crisis would see to it that the hunting down of these "mages" to be the top priority." Ambers chewed on what she had heard second-hand from first response. "We... strongly suspect that these gluttonous abominations gain their power from ordinary looking people that can hide in plain sight. Compared to their monsters, they are probably easier targets. But by no means will this war against magic be an easy one. They couldn't control such powerful creatures if they didn't have power of their own. We need to root them out of hiding. All of them. We need to do everything we can to encourage their capture or their deaths. I am aware that is extreme, but, if you were able to look to the skies today and say that we aren't living in an age of extremes then you are in denial. I don't think any of the citizens in this proud city are in denial, I think we've very much been awakened to a cancer that needs to be excised."

Calling myself a cancer... and I kind of believe it too... how did I fall this far? Well, I mean it. Bathory... you went too far. I didn't think... it may be my fault for underestimating your savage intent but I will make up for it by killing every single other mage and ending this Grail War with the opportunity provided to me now. I can't repent any other way. This has gone past getting my old life back...!

A swell of pride ripped into the beautiful girls' psyche and she felt blood and anger flush into her face, clearly too exhausted to continue the interview past this point and yet she pushed to her feet, answering the last question finally. "How do we stop this magical plague?? Today was a statement heard across the world: they believe humanity weak and hopeless; that we've fought each other so much that we'll be demoralized by their cowardly genocide in broad daylight! They think now we'll roll over and allow them to feed on us like parasites... we will show them how wrong they all are. They have forgotten what makes us human! When history has demanded a call to arms we have always answered with an unmatched unity that can never be shattered! I saw paralyzing fear in men's eyes today and that's when I truly felt despair. I knew I had to do something!" She slammed her hands on the table, actual tears dropping into the small amount of blood that found its way through the bandages. The other medics nearby stared in awe and were pleading with their eyes that she go to the hospital at once. She ignored them.

"We will fight them in the fields until the last farm collapses, in the cities until our homes are in ruin! We will stand united as the last shots are fired! When there is no more ammunition we will crush them with the stones that paved our roads! We will fight them in the alleys until our knuckles are skinned and bloody!!" She ripped the bandages off her left hand and held it up for them to see in a grisly display of the new reality. The trembling, flayed hand managed to ball into a fist as she shook uncontrollably, clearly only standing from willpower and pain medication alone now.

"Until the last weapon is shattered, we WILL fight back! And if we find ourselves surrounded and disarmed, wounded and without hope, we will raise our heads from the dirt in defiance and spit in their faces: THIS IS OUR HOME AND WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!!!" She let loose as a rallying cry before falling into unconsciousness, her co-workers rushing over to her collapsed body and immediately began gathering her up while shaking their heads and sending dirty looks to the reporters.

...heh... I hope... that worked... I feel like I heard that... somewhere. What... got into me? Bathory... you can... burn... a little... longer...
        Brother! Your crusade IS OVER!!

NO...!!

Comment

EDIT: I realize that apparently a lot of copy and pasting had been made, I've tried to fix up my post as best as I could.

So this was the Holy Grail War?

Liliana scoffed as she slid down the wall of the embankment, watching lava-like mud slide past her in streams down to Niagara, burning people and animals and objects to cinders. There was far too much noise to be sure but she knew there was screaming. She knew people down below were screaming just as the raging Servant before her screamed and raged. Did it really matter? Was there any point to anything now that this had happened? Liliana felt as if she had lost every fight in the world and for a brief second, the mud slowly rolling past her looked uncomfortably nice. It probably wasn't even that hot, like an overly heated spa. Surely just dipping a finger inside and slowly melding together with the mud would be better than anything else.

"What's the point...?"

She asked rhetorically as Berserker did everything she could to stop it. There was no point to it.

They had lost.

They had all lost.

Everyone had lost.

"it's just so...pointless..."

"Is that what you really think?"

Covert grinned brokenly and looked up to see a person that wasn't there, speaking in a voice inside her head. She must have looked insane staring up there with wide eyes, half her face mutilated while speaking to her old Servant. She constructed a mental image throughout the fires of a servant dressed in the late 1800s garb with his back towards her, his own head hidden behind a thick brown hat. The figure who would not turn to her no matter how much she forced her consciousness to make him do so, raised his hand pointedly.

"Giving up so easily?"

"What am I supposed to do? What can anyone do? Look at me? I can't even move, I can't see out of one eye, I can't feel part of my body. My family was right, I'm worthless..."

The figure in front of her, who would not face her bowed his head as if sighing.

"Fine then, if you think it's hopeless, drop yourself in the mud and be done with it."

Yes, dropping down into the dark abyss was sounding very good right now. Sure part of her body was paralyzed but she could still muster enough energy to push herself over the edge and land face first into the dark, fluctuating evil. It may not even hurt and if it did, it would be over in less than a second. If she landed on her face she would hit her brain and die in less than a second. She would fall into the depths of chaos and she would finally be rid of herself. Her family had always been right to chastise her and she had been a fool to think she could be something more than a mistake. The only reason she got this far was by the hands of better people. It was time to take a dive into the mud and begone of this hellish world called life.

But she refused.

Not because of fear but...

"You won't do it will you? You're not afraid to die but you won't do it will you? Because you know better than anyone that's not how we do things."

"Hmmmm..."

Liliana groaned but this time it was less of defeat and more of building up energy inside her.

"...I know Caster...that's not how we do things at all. Even if I wanted to die here, my pride would never allow it. Even if I though tit was truly hopeless, all the things I learned while I was with you and the other men, all the fights I was with and the journey with Mulla and Berserker, giving up would shame all of it. Even if I'm a ****ty Mage with no skill to my name, I could never be a coward who gives up."

For the first time, the figure in front of her turned. She could not see anything beyond his mouth but he whispered to her.

"So what will you do, Master?"

Liliana used all of her strength to pick herself up. She used her good leg to prop herself up against the wall and balance herself as hot mud circled around her. However that mud, though it filled her ears with unknown cries did not deter her from the very hard but very possible mission of reaching the jeep they had rode. She hopped on one leg, felt something like three inch splinters pounding into her leg but she slammed into the door of the jeep, gasping. The hard metal of the jeep's door was her first victory of attempting to push herself away from the wall, her victory over her shattered body. Of course she couldn't give up. Of course she would never give up on the teachings of that memory who for the first time smiled as he watched her reach the door of the jeep and open it. The figure turned away and disappeared with a wave of his hand, vanishing into the confines of her subconscious.

"...Win..."

She uttered to nobody and began to drive down the slopes. Along the way she felt a roar inside her head. It wasn't a physical one but a spiritual link in which the strongest Servant screeched at her. Liliana didn't need words to understand it but she coughed and shook her head, doing her best to drive a jeep with one foot and one hand. She was however very happy to know that Mulla and Berserker were alive. She continued down the road, past the guards by taking a secondary road and continued down to the base of the waterfall. She'd probably have to leave the jeep somewhere else and making a journey without it would be the biggest pain her rear. Yet she would persevere because she wanted to prove her old Servant right and the likes of her family and Assassin wrong.

She wasn't weak and she'd never give up.

Liliana Covert used the link between her and Artoria to send a sound message through the air.

"Please meet me at our home, the warehouse..."

Whether or not Mulla and Berserker came, that's where Liliana would be.
          Last edited by Dark Matter; 25-01-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Artoria could not see a thing. If she had been metaphorically blinded by fury before, then it paled by comparison to the real deal. It was only through the connection between servant and master that she even had the vaguest idea of where to go. She ached with terrible exhaustion with every step; even with the engorged mana supply from her dual masters, that foul mud had very nearly killed her. Some of its taint yet hadn't washed out still, and her regeneration had to focus on that more than on knitting together her ravaged muscles and bones. Without a Battle Continuation skill, it was all she could do to manage a swift hobble while carrying her tiny cub on her back.

She walked, and walked, panting and focusing her anger on the ground in front of her. Stomp, stomp, stomp! went her feet as she crashed through the undergrowth, telling her where she was going. All in a desperate attempt to save that which could not be saved.

"Artoria...why are you going so slow? That's silly" Mulla murmured with her eyes closed, just as blind to the world as her servant. She rested in Artoria's arms, as heavy as a feather and just as fragile. Though her mind drifted in some far, far away dream of a place with green grass and an endless horizon, she could sense why her servant didn't respond to her. Why her king and friend was withholding her winces and grunts as she limped. With a limp twitch of her barely responding hand, Mulla murmured out yet another command by Command Seal.

"By command seal, I order you to Lili's warehouse."

Artoria would have urged her to be more frugal, but what point was there in that? She had to croon appreciatively at the swift passage, the thoughtfulness and faithfulness that the little homonculus showed her. As she snapped back into the world after the short cut of Command Seal teleportation, Artoria collapsed on the floor of the warehouse but made sure to fall with her back to the floor so as to shield Mulla.

"Yay...we're back home. Home. It's nice here, with no more Grail, and no Ilya, and no one doubting you. I like winning" Mulla sighed in her half dream state.

Artoria gulped hard and rasped at the air. Yes, she had achieved victory by smashing the Grail so it may not be manipulated any further(how she was still in the world she did not know), but if it meant seeing Mulla a twitching, comatose wreck then she almost wished to be even more mad, to have failed to destroy the Grail and be rendered a mere mad dog without any thought to spare her the pain.

"LILIANA!" she commanded, the urgency and pleading palpable even through the throes of grieving fury that consumed her.

Comment

The first person to greet the two hardened and beaten girls was not a blonde haired girl but a creature smaller than the length of two hands. The maned kitten, King Arthur, released a pitiful cacophony of mews while licking the faces of the two girls as if they had been gone for months. It was perhaps their first bout of affections from a loved one. Only then though did one see the state of the warehouse's inside. Chairs were thrown apart, the table was on its edge and some tools near the edges of the room were haphazardly tossed across the floor. It was like the sign of a fight or a furious breakdown but what it all lead to was a mutilated girl sitting on the floor across from the room who had gone through hell simply to get to the other side.

There were extra bruises on her arms and legs, the signs of constant falls and a nasty cut to mix along the rest of her mutilated face appeared on her cheek.

"You two finally made it back..."

Covert coughed, tried to push herself up and collapsed pathetically.

"Damn it! Take Mulla to the bed Artoria, cover her up and let her rest. I'll get some medicine around here and we can tend to her, I promise. Although, I'll need some help getting up..."

She tried to stand and the result was hitting the floor face first.

"Guh! My good leg isn't work like it should..."

Comment

"Hi, Arthur" Mulla mumbled, smiling in her half-sleep at the cat's path. Artoria for her part just stared at it with blind eyes, using it as an anchor for her soul at the moment. She couldn't see, but she could still hear and feel the calming presence. Nevertheless, her breath came out in short puffs and she was almost grateful for the order to bring Mulla to the bed. Orders meant she didn't have to wrestle with her own wrath, gave her time to build up a tiny island of thought among the swirling maelstrom of fury.

"I wish I could have healed her more" Mulla said idly, hearing the poor state of her human friend. The coughs weren't a good sign for a nice girl like her. They were a natural state for a sick, non-human creation like herself, but Liliana should have more vigor than now. At one point, she might have fantasized about this moment. About all of those who looked down on her with both pity and hatred getting their commupance. Now it just made her sort of sad. The dream had all gone so well, but on this detail she was stuck. The marring in her victory, an incessant itching that prevented her from fading back into dreamy, dull thoughts. Like the burning command seals that hurt less and less as time went by...

Artoria grabbed Mulla as gently as possible with her uncoordinated limbs and placed her where she knew the bed to be. That was simple. Helping Liliana was another matter entirely. Though they may be connected by mana, Artoria still had her reservations about the other mage. Even if she hadn't, the amount of time she'd spent with her was certainly far less. As it was, she was reduced to blindly staggering her away towards Liliana's form and extending an arm to be grabbed and used as support. Anything else and she might well snap and turn her fury on Liliana consciously or unconsciously.

"I know this. She is...was...is the Grail's sacrifice. I saw it before. The STRENGTH FALTERS, their SENSE WANES, their FEET DRAG, and they slowly LOSE THEIR BRAINS." Artoria did her best to try to explain, her words rough and twisted and bringing to mind unbidden memories of the last war. Like shards of glass inside of her empty eye sockets, they dug in and showed shattered memories that made her wince and almost refuse to continue. "If she does not live...then...then...!" Artoria made an ugly noise from the back of her throat, face twisting into an expression that the Scream would have envied.

"Don't do that. That was only if she tried to escape" Mulla mumbled unhelpfully. One arm dangled off the bed limply, but still had enough muscle control to stroke Arthur as he came by. Artoria crouched near by, focusing on healing her eyes and shutting up. She seethed at her own helplessness more than anything now.

Comment

The feeble hands of the blonde mage reached up and used the stiff arm of the Servant to pull herself up. At last on her own two feet, Liliana slowly lead the way to the desk and took out a vial. It wasn't as if she as some medical expert but she and her old Servant had done a little shopping and procured some modern day medicines for fevers and pain. It would help quell the misery of her friend but if her lack of energy went beyond normal physics than the only thing that could save Mulla was her own determination and will. However, Liliana felt that no matter what, Mulla would have that determination if it came to it.

"She'll live..."

These words to Artoria weren't just meant to satiate her unbridled fury but her legitimate thoughts on her best friend.

"...You should know that better than anyone else that Mulla isn't that weak. She will survive and she'll be stronger than ever before. But to do this, she needs you by her side. Do you remember what Caster told you at the end, how the King doesn't have to be alone? Mulla has always been by your side, always moving forward even when she seemed so weak. The King of Knights defeated my Servant because she always had someone who supported her by her side. There was no way my loyalty or the loyalty of those men could have matched up to the sheer determination, loyalty and love Mulla has for you..."

Covert reached the bed and helped to slip the vial into her mouth.

"...It might be better, sorry..."

She said, giving off a bitter smile of her own.

"...But Artoria..."

The blonde haired girl continued as if nothing had been interrupted.

"...This time it's not the King who is being supported by her loyal Master but the Master who needs to be supported by her King. I may be her friend, I may care for her but I will never be able to fill the bond you two share. You may think yourself powerless, you may think you're just an insane beast who can't help her but you are wrong. You've protected her so many times, defeated so many people because of her. Even if you can do nothing but stand there, your own presence means the world to her."

She spoke the truth, unfiltered and clear.

"Haa, this dumb body of mine still isn't working. Artoria, please help me to the desk so I can sit down. After that, I'll let you tend to Mulla unabated."

She asked a final request to her pseudo Servant, seemingly about to collapse herself.

Comment

Working...
                  X