Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking

Anyone enjoy cooking? I've recently discovered an enjoyment of it after moving out of my parent's house. My best recipe so far is for lamb Nihari curry and I can still make it better with some adjustments.
    http://familyresearched.co.uk/

I do. I come from a family where my grandmas cook everything and enjoy cooking for their loved ones and you get a mixed bag of people who figure they don't need to cook and people that gets inspired to cook themselves. I'm one of the latter, I enjoy cooking my own food.

Comment

I have never really done much cooking for myself. I do tend to enjoy it but I major in procrastination.

Steak is fun.

Comment

I like doing it, but only when I have a lot of free time. When I have to work and get up early in the morning, it's just a fucking drag.

Comment

Yep, been exploring my ability to cook since 2016. I've gotten down the ability to cook meats and now I'm looking into cooking just vegetables. I like the smells of vegetables cooking compared to meat so it should be fun.

Comment

I like to bring out the spoon, baking soda and cocaine.

Comment

I like trying new recipes from time to time... though I also prefer to cook in bulk so I only have to cook 2-3 times a week at most.

奇跡もまた繰り返す。。。そして、 何も変わらない。

Comment

Yesterday I made a lamb hotpot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	7227

Chopped lamb, carrots, potatoes and herbs sprinkled with cheese.
                http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

Cooking is cool, but out of all the things I could have as a hobby, I'd put it near the bottom of my list, because getting into it means disrupting a major necessity of life. I like my food to be quick, easy and nutritious so it can be part of my foundation to do other things.

I used to make vegetarian curries like chickpeas or kidney beans with rice, but I stopped. I also used to make pasta sauce. Both of them just didn't feel worth the time eventually. Being out of the house for 11.5-14.5 hours a day didn't help. If I had a car I could take more voluminous food with me to work. I also used to boil hot pots of chicken or fish and veg, inspired by sumo wrestlers (like chanko nabe), but I didn't have time once I was working far away.

Now I cook pasta mostly, with a lot of cheese and veg and peas. Can easily get one meal up to 1900 calories that way.
                  --------------------------------------------Signature-----------------------------------------------------

(aka TrunksinSwimmingTrunks aka daman)

“Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Comment

Some of my family members are good cooks I think. My Mother makes me homemade stuff all the time and her brother can make some good Thanksgiving meals. Both my grandmothers are good at cooking too, especially my paternal grandmother, and she has taught her daughter how to cook good too.

Comment

I think I cook the best pancakes!!

Comment

steak, bbq, hamburgers are my specialties. I remember myself when I was 10 y. o.and my dad taught me to cook meat at the grill. It was a vintage grill, I would say. Because we lived in Russian and moved after 7 years in the UK. In Russian, you won't say a fancy grill like you are used to seeing, but two bricks and on them have put a piece of fence. I'm not sure you would imagine that, but check on Russian memes and you will see what I mean. As I said, bbq is my specialties and I enjoy cooking it. Since I bought a magic grill, as I wish all the time to have like these ones https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-...tment-balcony/ cooking has become a hobby and a kind of meditation for me.steak, bbq, hamburgers are my specialties. I remember myself when I was 10 y. o.and my dad taught me to cook meat at the grill.
                        Last edited by Keiteene; 19-11-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keiteene View Post
                          steak, bbq, hamburgers are my specialties. I remember myself when I was 10 y. o.and my dad taught me to cook meat at the grill. It was a vintage grill, I would say. Because we lived in Russian and moved after 7 years in the UK. In Russian, you won't say a fancy grill like you are used to seeing, but two bricks and on them have put a piece of fence. I'm not sure you would imagine that, but check on Russian memes and you will see what I mean. As I said, bbq is my specialties and I enjoy cooking it. Since I bought a magic grill, as I wish all the time to have like these ones https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-...tment-balcony/ cooking has become a hobby and a kind of meditation for me.steak, bbq, hamburgers are my specialties. I remember myself when I was 10 y. o.and my dad taught me to cook meat at the grill.
                          I have to check Russian grills, lol

Comment

I like cooking but have so much work that I do not afford the luxury of cooking fresh meals every single day. I live with my brother, and he likes so much to have daily fresh cooked meat or soup, whatever, he eats everything I cook. Sorry bro, time is more precious nowadays. So, I cook at the weekend, usually on Saturday for the whole week ahead. If you are wondering how the meals are kept fresh here is a tip for you. I look on https://freezeit.co.uk the products that I can freeze, and I freeze them. If not, for example, soups, we eat immediately the next days after I have cooked.
                            Last edited by Chapona; 23-11-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X