Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think Neanderthals died out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think Neanderthals died out?

There are many theories and I don't believe any can be conclusively proven. So how and why do you believe neanderthals went extinct?

My guess is that they interbred with humans so frequently that our species basically merged. The groups we didn't breed with we might have killed. At the same time I don't believe they could compete with us for food and resources. They were driven further and further into the edges of Europe by our increasing populations until only a handful were left in southern Spain where they eventually died out completely. So it's interbreeding, fighting and losing out on resources that led to their demise in ny opinion,
    http://familyresearched.co.uk/

I agree, they probably interbred with humans too much and the humans outnumbered them so the humans killed off the rest of them because of competition.

Comment

I have doubts about them dying off on any dramatic way so much as interweaving between homosapien and homoneanderthal. Least that was the last I generally heard, and from what I can tell they were generally as intelligent as most of us were.

Combined with the general resilience of which races and communities have had when endangered, I find it more likely that over a very kong period, they simply interbred so much that they got incorporated wholesale into what we cann humanity today.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Originally posted by Tinny View Post
        I have doubts about them dying off on any dramatic way so much as interweaving between homosapien and homoneanderthal. Least that was the last I generally heard, and from what I can tell they were generally as intelligent as most of us were.

Combined with the general resilience of which races and communities have had when endangered, I find it more likely that over a very kong period, they simply interbred so much that they got incorporated wholesale into what we cann humanity today.
        Yeah that is basically what I think happened as well tbh.

Comment

What about all the other extinct relatives of humans? How do you guys think they died out?

Comment

Working...
          X