Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The absence of God does not beget an imoral society

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The absence of God does not beget an imoral society

Do you agree with the above? Or do you think that our morals are dictated, in most part, by the religion?

Morals have absolutely nothing to do with religion whatsoever. There's little, to no correlation, between being religious and being a moral person. If anything, religion gives you a false sense of being righteous and motivates you for all of the wrong reasons. Us as humans in society don't depend on religion for a moral code, that's just a pile of bullshit that has been perpetuated for years.

Comment

Considering how many complete shitheads are religious, no I don't think being religious makes you anymore morally righteous than those who aren't. Plus human morality has existed since long before religion anyway.
      http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by ahill1 View Post
        Do you agree with the above? Or do you think that our morals are dictated, in most part, by the religion?
        That depends on how one sees morality. If it comes from God then of course you need God. If not then you don't. Easy way to test it is just asking the question "What if God tells you to kill anyone who owes you money?" If that sentence feels ridiculous, then people have access to morality.

There's two main ways, either certain actions are moral or immoral, or its based on consequences, and either way you're the one figuring it morality. So religion isn't mecessary, perhaps a shared philosophy I imagine, if anything.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

I've found that most religious people I've met and heard of have felt themselves morally above non-believers. This does not include priests or any man or woman serving God, they know what their role on Earth is.

The absence of God as a concept only apply to those who believe in him, so I am really not qualified to answer this question.
          Last edited by Emmeth; 04-02-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I don't believe religious people are more moral at all since some religious beliefs are outright immoral anyway, so it doesn't really make sense.
            And then there are the evil people that thrive in religion, if it was really all good then that wouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmeth View Post
              I've found that most religious people I've met and heard of have felt themselves morally above non-believers.
              And that's a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X