Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: Maybe likes/dislikes/thanks should be removed from "Messages"? Or some other way to separate the email notifications option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Maybe likes/dislikes/thanks should be removed from "Messages"? Or some other way to separate the email notifications option?

Right now likes, dislikes and thanks create a notification under "Messages" in the top right of the screen. That's ok, except it buries actual PMs (even now, with the low level of activity) and I'm getting emails every time I get a like/thanks. I only really want to get email notifications for actual PMs and I'm guessing a lot of others will feel the same way. It would be a shame for members to turn off email notifications/mark dbzf emails as spam and then end up being unaware of actual PMs being sent to them. I don't know how doable it is to do any one of the following (listed in order of what I think would be best to worst):

1. Move likes/dislikes/thanks to a new notification category, so there'd be something like "Messages" (PMs only, maybe profile comments could show here too), "Notifications" (likes/dislikes/thanks) and "Replies" (post replies)
    or 2. Just have likes/dislikes/thanks moved to the "Notifications" category in the top right, so "Messages" is only PMs
    or 3. Have a separate email notification option for "PMs only", while keeping the notification banner/categories the same as how it currently is (wouldn't solve PMs getting buried, but would solve the email spam issue)

Don't reply to this topic with spam
    --------------------------------------------Signature-----------------------------------------------------

(aka TrunksinSwimmingTrunks aka daman)

“Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

i don't knw. maybe that's because i like a-lot of posts (i think). is that it? :'( :'( :'(

if u can & want to answer

Comment

Originally posted by StrawHatCrew View Post
      i don't knw. maybe that's because i like a-lot of posts (i think). is that it? :'( :'( :'(

if u can & want to answer
      You got it! Only a LovelyLadyLovelyLadyLovelyLadyLovelyLady would give out that many likes

Jk (or am I?) but your likes made it obvious early which is better than it only becoming obvious when we have lots of active members.
      ​​​
      ​​
      --------------------------------------------Signature-----------------------------------------------------

(aka TrunksinSwimmingTrunks aka daman)

“Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Comment

so are u saying in a way i helped this forum? (if u can & want to say)

Comment

I would have to ask Sam about this one. This appears to be more of an all or nothing with the like/thank system. I'll see what he says when I can.

Comment

Do any of you think we really need a thanks system? I can understand likes and dislikes, but I think thanks is unnecessary.

Comment

Working...
            X