Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever feel that a game wasted your time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever feel that a game wasted your time?

I play a lot of rpgs so many hours are consumed trying to achieve small gains. Sometimes on reflection it feels like I could have been spending all that time doing something more constructive. I know that it only matters that I enjoyed the experience but still, I could have spent that time helping vulnerable people or something.
    http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Sometimes, I got that with RDR2 most recently. I done a lot of the side content but eventually just thought you know what, screw it. Doing dull repetitive missions to get $200 when I already have $6000 and nothing to spend it on felt utterly pointless so I just blasted through the main story.

And then the epilogue section felt pointless since it just bridges the gap between it and Red Dead Redemption. Did not enjoy any of those farming missions, good God.

RPG's can be kinda bad for this yeah.
    I don't think I've ever bothered to beat a secret boss or anything like that because it always takes so damn long to get to level 99 and you get nothing out of those hours besides being strong enough to beat said boss, just stats.

Comment

Yes, I feel like a game wastes my time when I lose a long-lasting game/match. I spent 10 minutes on this just to lose at the very end? No amount of experience can make up for that.

Comment

Well games do inherently waste time as they are designed to do, so of course.

Apparently I once put in 12 hours on Fantasy Life (3DS) in one day. I don't remember at all but my activity log does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic Omega View Post
          Well games do inherently waste time as they are designed to do, so of course.

Apparently I once put in 12 hours on Fantasy Life (3DS) in one day. I don't remember at all but my activity log does.
          Idle time, I assume.

Comment

I used to play a game called Extreme Warfare Revenge which was a wrestling promotion simulator. I'd play for hours on end and often feel like I wasted my time because I'd get to a point a few years in the future and then just start over because I got bored.

Comment

Yeah, I definitely feel that sometimes. Which is why I'm way more careful about buying games now and look at several reviews. If it's something like Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or a Souls game then I'm not too worried about pre-ordering.
              https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/game-of-thrones-why-jon-snow-is-the-true-heir-over-daenerys-targaryen-kit-harington-emilia-clarke.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X