Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Game Chat Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not entirely sure we'll get Ultimate when we get a Switch but I would like to play as Mewtwo again. Lucario is lame as hell.

Smash Fashion matters most. If you don't look cool who are you?

Comment

Speaking of Smash fashion, there's a lot less costume/color choices in this new game which greatly upsets me. I miss my red Link in the hero tunic. At least Ike still has his black outfit. Link's outfits are the main ones I miss really.
      https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/60/d4/3760d41dbd9c13304e1bf302b7c34eac.png

Comment

I personally find the different outfits to be a solid improvement over the different color pallettes, but they could've kept both.

"Who else is in here?"
        "Just us, monsters."

Comment

I'll take it if that means Toon Link gets his pyjama set.

Though honestly not sure I care to get the game still, it's just more of the same really. If some really cool DLC characters get announced then maybe though that said not sure who would sway me.
          We're aiming to get a Switch mostly for my girlfriend so it'll partly be mine...I pretty much only want Pokémon right now though, assuming it looks good. Hope Animal Crossing turns out good.

I just got S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl off Steam for like £2, pretty cool. I was agonizing over buying it since not sure I'll like it and think it's pretty broken...but then it turned out I had £1.99 in my wallet already so what ever.
          The other 2 games are on sale as well, not sure what to do there, going to read Roadside Picnic, the book they're heavily based on soon so afterwards I might have a fascination with playing them but they'll be full price...guess I'm cheap enough to wait for another sale.

Also in other news DayZ got it's full release, holy ****. 6 years, God damn. Gonna try play it soon, with 40ish MB/s internet at least it'll be doable this time around.

Comment

So guys, big excitement.

New Alien game coming! Blackout, sounds really cool I bet it'll be way better than Isolation...except not because it's a freaking mobile game.
            Are they serious.
            Why are these companies so unbearably stupid? They could make so much money by taking one fan of a series like this, even a really casual fan and talking to them for five minutes but no mobile games make money so lets make it in to a stupid mobile game nobody actually wants.

You just can't make it up.

Even with movies that are terrible you can usually see that they at least try but the gaming industry sinks to even ****tier levels.

Comment

I wonder how long it'll take for the next GoW game to get made, now that they have professional actors doing motion capture and whatnot...

Probably a few years. Hopefully, anyway. I know the last one started development in 2014 but with any luck it'll take less than four years this time. Though I imagine the game will be even bigger this time, assuming it features Odin and Thor.

"Who else is in here?"
              "Just us, monsters."

Comment

It's possible they started development (script in particular) earlier than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Darker View Post
                  I wonder how long it'll take for the next GoW game to get made, now that they have professional actors doing motion capture and whatnot...

Probably a few years. Hopefully, anyway. I know the last one started development in 2014 but with any luck it'll take less than four years this time. Though I imagine the game will be even bigger this time, assuming it features Odin and Thor.
                  I'm feeling 2 years. It won't take nearly as long, I think they've already said that they're going to be reusing the map and such so they basically only have to make some changes to it and then make Asgard and whatnot, which they probably already started doing while GoW was nearing completion.
                  I can only see it being longer than that if a PS5 happens to release in 2021.

I'd imagine Spider-Man will be much the same, they've already built the engine and New York so that cuts out a lot of time.

Hope I can play more games this year I barely got any...and yet still less and less money...
                  I'm sad that I can't really justify pre-ordering Resident Evil 2 but suppose it's not like the story or anything can be spoiled much as it's a remake.

Comment

On other news... Mortal Kombat XI hype anyone? Ignoring the odd song choice for the trailer anyway

"Who else is in here?"
                    "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Yes. Looking forward to seeing some hilarious fatalities.
                      http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

I want Kenshiro in a Mortal Kombat game. How freaking perfect would he be for that? He has so many epic kills.

Apparently Steam is investigating Wandersong to check whether or not it's a real game.
                        Meanwhile they allow trash like Esc: From Planet to be sold on their store for like thirty four dollars.

Just look at it, even like 30 seconds of it.
                        What even is Steam these days.

I'm really glad that Epic Games are making their own platform, it's high time someone contends with Steam so that they consider some actual quality control.

Comment

I'm enjoying Might and Magic 2 that I bought from gog.com many years ago and never played for some reason.

Comment

I really want to get playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but I have such a weird problem with starting any game on PC. It's annoying.

I've had Total War Warhammer for like 3 years now and not once put it on because I assume it won't work properly.
                            Even though not checking that accomplishes nothing.

Comment

Well this game is from 1989 so I don't imagine many computers couldn't run it.

Comment

Man there are a lot of games I want this year, but I might hold out for a long while to actually get them. More and more it just seems like I can't be spending my money on games, which really blows. I'm definitely going to get the new Fire Emblem and Sekiro when they come out, probably pre-order them. But I might have a hold on the others. I'd like to pre-order Jump Force, but it's one of those games that I need to wait for reviews for. The collector's edition is freaking sweet looking though. It could easily be a bust, though I hope it isn't. KHIII I really want, but man I think I'll wait on that too. There's apparently a custom keyblade with some edition of the game you buy, so that's pretty cool. I'm also going super slow with the current games I have. Well, mainly Spyro and DQ XI, so I need to finish those first. DQ XI I have 17 hours or so into so far. Spyro I don't have too much and there's three games. I'm only about 25% through the game. Well, here's to 2019 gaming.
                                https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/60/d4/3760d41dbd9c13304e1bf302b7c34eac.png

Comment

Working...
                                X