Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Game Chat Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the past two days I just spend 12 hours or more makinga challenge dungeon thing for my girlfriend in Minecraft. That's like the only time I've ever cared to make something in Creative.

The final challenge was I basically made a big ass cube, prolly like 75x75x75 or more, filled it with water, pufferfish(that despawned grr) kelp, magma blocks and soulstone. Wish I figured out the commands to place stuff because daaaamn that took forever.

At the end of it there was a fireworks show which worked perfectly.

Pretty fun.

In other news, still not sure what to make of this Greedfall game. It looks awesome but I hope it holds up. Nobody knows what to get me for my birthday or for Christmas...pretty much the only thing I care about are games lol but feel a bit cheeky just listing off like 5 games I'm interested in.
    My list being, in no particular order:

Days Gone
    Metro Exodus
    Greedfall(if good)
    The Outer Worlds(if good)
    Borderlands 3
    DOOM Eternal

Probably a couple of others.

Damn. Kinda annoying that so many good games have to come out around the same time, it's holiday season I get it but damn, my attention span can't host all that. Good job I can't afford them all.

Comment

• Finished South Park: Fractured But Whole the other day, at least the main story, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not as good as Stick of Truth but definitely a worthy sequel.

Comment

• Very tempted by Greedfall, it looks really cool I'm just worried by the length. People have said 30 hours, that's pretty crap for an RPG if true.

Possibly just the main quest though so hopefully people put up their times on HLTB soon. Really like the style of it.
        The facial animations are a lil wonky but whatevs, I've played Bethesda games.

Comment

• WoW Classic anyone?

Comment

• I never liked MMOs admittedly, not sure why, I think it was just the general gameplay loop that left me out in the cold for them.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

• I wanna love them but they all just feel like the same thing.

What I think would be awesome is an MMO where you have a dedicated server and a plotline that actually completes, ending the game. So like you could be playing Skyrim, tyring to win the war for the Imperials while someone else is trying to help the Stormcloaks win and then one side will end up completing the game and you'll have to start again.
              But on a big enough scale for there to be like 60 players. That'd be cool. It's the grind that bores me, I don't want to get to level 100 and show off cool gear I just wanna do stuff and make progress but every MMO I've played it's just an endless loop.

I know most of them have faction war kind of things but that is also something that pretty much always loops, no side ever really finally wins.

Decided to say screw it and downloaded the Half Life games. I think Valve has made enough money on them that downloading some old ass games ain't really going to hurt them. I also owned Half Life 1 at some point so...so...there are reasons that make it morally okay I'm just too stupid to convey them.
              In any case, I hope Half Life 2 ends up being as mindblowing as people say.

Comment

• Half Life 2 is good and has fun physics puzzles, I don't get why people call it the greatest game of all time and the whole HL3 meme aside from the story being aborted halfway through.

also to be fair planetside has outright objectives that you fight over for example, I'm sure Daemon Keido and Goddess Ultimecia could say more given how commonly they've played it in comparison, the thing resets I'm pretty sure but there are some objectives and goals with end games if I recall correctly, assuming your faction can push the other two to collapse.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

• Planetside 2 is basically a Battlefield Conquest match that never truly ends because there are no tickets to tick down from. All that happens really is a particular map gets locked occasionally. There are no endgame goals, but it's also not really designed to have one. There are just macro objectives, usually dependant on what kind of fun you want to have. Wanna be a Top Gun and rule the skies? Doable. Wanna run with an armoured convoy and roll over the enemy? Easily done. Wanna do room to room sweeps of smaller outposts with a more personal sized squad? Plenty of that action to be had.
                  A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects

Comment

• Know what I find about MMOs. You put all this effort and time in. Only for disappointment.

Comment

• Yeah I gave Planetside 2 a go a while back but it felt super super slow and clunky to me. Like literally it just felt like it took forever to go places.
                      It's a cool idea but you're always going to run in to the problem of just not being able to beat people who play the game nearly 24/7.

Enjoying Half Life so far, damn, older games are so much scarier than modern ones imo. If I had to describe it it's like the more real the game looks the more juxtaposed the unreal elements feel, it's like watching Walking With Dinosaurs, no matter how real the scenery is the dino's look fake as hell.
                      Whereas in an older game you're immersed in how it's polygon lacking world looks.

Cool anyway. It's not desperately difficult so far but I like how you have to think about what you're doing, it's nice not having a map marker that tells you exactly where to go and what buttons to press at exactly the right time.
                      I would like some subtitles though because damn the dudes are so quiet and if there's any noise at all you can't hear shit...hope I haven't missed anything important...

Comment

• Trapstar do you play wow classic on a Euro server? I hit lvl 50 today. Not far to go now.
                        http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

• I recently played through Crash Bandicoot from the N'Sane Trilogy. 102% which includes the new stage Stormy Ascent. Took my a couple of days to do but it was fun for the most part.

Comment

• Anyone else get hooked on mobiles?

Comment

Working...
                            X