Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Game Chat Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palkia is a good Pokemon. If I recall he needs some PP up after you first catch him though.
    http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

• It's decent enough I just think it looks super dumb it's like they just went for "Don't make it look like Dialga" when thinking of how to design it.

Hoping I can settle in to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided but man I'm having a hard time putting it on again, that first mission was pretty crap if you want to play it stealthy.
      And knowing there's a trophy for not killing anyone I'm not sure how you're meant to effectively pull that off though at the end in the big fight I wasn't sure if the guy you're meant to save and the helicopter you're meant to be stopping are actually on timers, guess they might not be.

Instead I'm finding myself having the strong urge to go back and play GTAIV, hope I still have it for my PS3...I mean REALLY hope because if there's saves I can skip the intro section.
      That and being asked to go bowling/the dating system are the only things holding me back.
      Last edited by Steve; 23-06-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
        It's decent enough I just think it looks super dumb it's like they just went for "Don't make it look like Dialga" when thinking of how to design it.

Hoping I can settle in to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided but man I'm having a hard time putting it on again, that first mission was pretty crap if you want to play it stealthy.
        And knowing there's a trophy for not killing anyone I'm not sure how you're meant to effectively pull that off though at the end in the big fight I wasn't sure if the guy you're meant to save and the helicopter you're meant to be stopping are actually on timers, guess they might not be.

Instead I'm finding myself having the strong urge to go back and play GTAV, hope I still have it for my PS3...I mean REALLY hope because if there's saves I can skip the intro section.
        That and being asked to go bowling/the dating system are the only things holding me back.
        Think you might be talking about GTA4 there XD

Anyways, I completed Yakuza Kiwami. While I do find Zero to be superior in almost every way, I do still think Kiwami is good on its own. Playing Zero before it definitely helps in regards to feeling an emotional connection to the main characters. And I will say that the flashbacks that were (from what I heard) added to further develop the main villain of the game in comparison to the original yakuza definitely helped . All in all, a pretty good game, I’m looking forward to playing Kiwami 2 (which I heard uses a new engine that was apparently introduced in Yakuza 6)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbzk1999 View Post

Think you might be talking about GTA4 there XD
          Good catch lol, lord knows I'll probably never play V again.

Oh yeah I still have to play the Yakuza that was on PS+ some months ago, after beating Fist of the North Star I definitely need to check it out.
          Judgement looks pretty cool too.
          Ass Catchem...

I'm wondering how Microsoft acquiring all these indie studios is really going to work out. They said they wouldn't be interfering with anything.
          But I do find it a bit odd how the team behind Hellblade, a deep narrative driven single player game have suddenly decided to make a hero shooter/slasher thing, basically Overwatch but more melee.
          If they're not directly influencing devs then I hope being under the wing of a big company doesn't make them water down games under the pretence that they must have to "improve" and make lots of money instead of just sticking to artistic vision.
          Something to keep an eye on I guess.

Anyway kind of a shame they're going for something so basic, I've seen so much of Hellblade that I don't actually want to play it but was very interested in what they would pump out next after achieving such great success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post

Good catch lol, lord knows I'll probably never play V again.

Oh yeah I still have to play the Yakuza that was on PS+ some months ago, after beating Fist of the North Star I definitely need to check it out.
            Judgement looks pretty cool too.
            I definitely say to grab Zero first if you can. Since you’ve played Lost Paradise you already have an idea for the combat system of it. Also helps explain the mindset of various characters, including one that you’ll be fighting a crap ton of times in the game. Also, like I said, playing zero first (if you haven’t already) does add to it (especially since Kiwami makes specific references to zero that the original game obviously didn’t have)

And also whenever you play Kiwami, upgrade the Dragon style asap, and abuse the mess out of the tiger drop technique. You feel godlike (especially against some of the BS bosses Kiwami can have)

Comment

• I just now learned of the remake for Destroy all Humans. Now THAT I may get, even if I'm not much of a gamer.

After all, Destroy all Humans is in a league of its own. I would've liked a package including all three DaH games remade, but I guess that'd be too much.

Comment

• Started playing Minecraft with my girlfriend in a LAN world, it's been pretty fun. Got bored alone and she's pretty competent at it despite how she thinks.

All this new stuff is cool, we just got raided for the first time.
                After so many years of being used to Minecraft being the way it was, it makes it extra creepy when there's just these dudes standing outside your house looking threatening.

Also gave War Thunder a shot after seeing a video of it, seems like a fun game. The monetisation and complexity of the menus is a bit ridiculous but the few tank battles I had were cool.
                In my first two games I didn't die once and got like 6 kills between them.

It's like playing Battlefield but just with vehicles.
                Which is good because I always destroyed everyone with them in Battlefield, hehehehe....

Comment

• Finished Kiwami 2, the final battle was definitely setup almost perfectly. Although, still some problems with it overall. The combat, while I got use to it after a while, still felt like a bit of a downgrade compared to 0. But still, the game was pretty good, and the main villain was superb (I’d been hyped for him since I had learned that meeting a certain child in a 0 sidequest and learning that that child would be the main villain of 2 definitely helped with that). Now I’ll probably complete Goro Majima’s saga in Kiwami 2, also resolved a certain plot point from 0 that was probably my favourite plot point as well. Then I’ll just wait for Yakuza 3-5 remastered to come to the west if anything

anybody play Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise? How’d you find it? I might consider getting it

Comment

• Basically done with Omega Ruby and now I'm transporting Pokemon from Heartgold/Silver into Ultra Sun. A loborious process as I had to send them all to Black first before they could go into the Poke Bank. It's a bit like having to change platforms on a train journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbzk1999 View Post
                      anybody play Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise? How’d you find it? I might consider getting it

I got it for Christmas I think(or possibly my birthday in October, not sure)

First Yakuza style game I've played and it's pretty good, a little clunky in the combat but since you like these games I'm sure you're used to that anyway.
                      It's not on the Dragon engine I believe it's called, so it won't look as pretty as the newer games but...it is pretty great.

The world, characters and story are awesome and despite how comedic it is, it feels like a Fist of the North Star story.

The mini-games in it are great too. Well the Hostess Club one is a bit awkward but the music is fantastic so that makes up for it.

There's driving as well, it's not very good but it's still kinda fun to drift around and race some folk.

I found the combat frustrating at times, particularly timing perfect blocks for counters and stuff but once you unlock some more powerful moves it can be great fun blowing up a ton of goons.

If you like Yakuza and Fist of the North Star in general, you'll surely like the game too.

Comment

• Finally decided screw it and got one of the EDF games, 4.1 to be precise.

After seeing a video on 5 I decided shit, I just NEED one and 4.1 just so happened to be £6.49 on the PlayStation store and holy crap, easily the best £6.49 I've ever spent.
                        What a gloriously silly game and a whole crap ton of content too, 89 missions in the base game alone and with 4 classes and around 700 freaking weapons as well as different difficulties, highly replayable.

It's such a weird feeling playing it.

You feel like an unstoppable badass.
                        But a pathetic little ant at the same time. Despite how cheap it all looks the illusion is pretty effective, most of the time there's probably only really like 30 giant insects but because they're so huge it feels like a huge swarm.
                        The scale of the game is spectacular, it genuinely feels like you're in a massive city, beach, valley etc etc and that makes it all the more awesome when you're destroying buildings or you deploy a 50m tall mecha next to you, which just genuinely feels freaking huge.

Comment

• So I finally decided over the past couple of weeks to let myself get immersed into Bloodborne (and it’s dlc), and I’ll just say, I can now see why the game is so acclaimed.

Comment

• Finally got back to DQ11 a week ago. I think I'm done with it for the most part, but I still haven't beaten
                            Spoiler Alert!
                            Clasmos.
                            Which requires a lot of leveling up.
                            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENqzSGWU8AQlbQs.jpg:small

Comment

• That was a fantastic game. I got all the trophies for it.

I've been playing Diablo 1. Got a really over powered weapon on the second floor.

Comment

• I have so many games to play right now but I'm stuck just playing EDF, which probably won't take too long to finish...and then what...

Might check out 35MM bought that the other day for like £1.31 on Steam, seems pretty cool, short obviously.
                                Since there's the summer drought for games as usual I guess I shouldn't buy anything else but I am hoping to see a nice sale of Days Gone at some point, I'll only buy physical though.

Comment

Working...
                                X