Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Game Chat Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming journalism has often been treated and has acted as another arm of the advertising branch for major publishers, just ask Jeff Gerstmann when he got fired from Gamespot for doing his job, I wouldn't say it's 'fallen' per say, more it hasn't gotten any better. And admittedly the game does kind of look like a less interesting Force Unleashed in it's combat (tbh with how often he's slowing stuff down it feels more like the stasis module from Dead Space than a jedi power). Maybe it's got some exploration elements or a good story, but just from the gameplay it does feel like something I can skip out on pretty easily.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

• Yeah it's a damn shame Visceral and their Star Wars game got canned that could have been something special. I wonder if this game borrows a lot from it? Like you say, very stasis-like mechanic there...did Respawn steal their homework or something...

I'm sure it will be at least serviceable but so far it looks like it exists to sell some toys, namely that droid. Or so if it does bad they can be like "See, nobody wants us to do single player games, we tried"

Very crappy E3 so far...BUT AT LEAST FALLOUT 76 IS GETTING A BATTLE ROYALE MODE!
      You know, that thing people constantly made jokes about?

It's also apparently getting NPC's but I doubt that will amount to much.

Comment

• It's taking a very long time to catch every pokemon in Heartgold. Especially since some can only be caught after you get 16 gym badges. Others you have to wait for Safari zone upgrades. Or... I could just be a cheater and download the Pokemon from a website I know of. But that's boring.
        http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Yeah it's a damn shame Visceral and their Star Wars game got canned that could have been something special. I wonder if this game borrows a lot from it? Like you say, very stasis-like mechanic there...did Respawn steal their homework or something...

I'm sure it will be at least serviceable but so far it looks like it exists to sell some toys, namely that droid. Or so if it does bad they can be like "See, nobody wants us to do single player games, we tried"

Very crappy E3 so far...BUT AT LEAST FALLOUT 76 IS GETTING A BATTLE ROYALE MODE!
          You know, that thing people constantly made jokes about?

It's also apparently getting NPC's but I doubt that will amount to much.
          Speaking of viceral... That map and it's integration IS similar to Dead Space as well...

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

• Great results yesterday, specifically on Nintendo side.

-Breath of the Wild sequel, like wow did not see that coming.
            -Three Houses trailer was awesome, even more pumped for the game.
            -Eldin Ring, GRRM is co-writing the next FromSoftware game, heck yeah! That'd be awesome if they got Kentaro Miura some time.
            -The Hero for SSBU. Not in the least bit surprising, but he looks like he'll be an awesome unit.

Haven't checked out much news for today, but there's enough already to be satisfied.

Comment

• This E3 was abysmal, almost nothing had actual gameplay to show, what a waste of time for people who went.

Glad to see Animal Crossing is a thing and has co-op stuff, my girlfriend literally teared up she's been waiting for years.
              Also pretty cool to hear it's delayed because they don't want to stress their developers out with crunch periods and whatnot, I wish other companies could take on that attitude but if nothing else people will always support Nintendo, I'm quite sure they'll be the last conventional game company left when everything just becomes PC.

But yeah, crap E3 overall. There was like one good thing from most of them and then Nintendo takes the cake.

Wonder what that Ghost game will be like, the tagline is cool "Don't fear the unknown...attack it"

I hope it's something Soulsy and horrory with strong action elements based on that statement. Or maybe some sort of Yokai hunting thing.

Comment

• Yeah there wasn't one thing from E3 that I cared about. Only Nintendo Direct. And even then it was just Zelda and Pokemon,
                http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

• Yeah I think all in all I vaguely cared about Cyberpunk, that Ghostwire or whatever game could be cool, I'm somewhat interested by Watch Dogs 3 largely because it's in Britain and I guess being an old lady would be funny for a time, when Halo goes to PC I might get to enjoy that new one, Avengers could be okay, FFVII looks great and...anything I can't remember can't have been interesting enough or showed very very little.

I'm suddenly very interested in playing Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines after finding out one clan is just batshit insane, looks hilarious. Your TV will randomly address you and the speech options are mental, a bunch of trippy stuff happens in general. Looks hilarious.

Comment

• I thought it was one of the best Nintendo Directs in a while

Comment

Working...
                    X