Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Game Chat Topic

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greeny View Post

Ah I see. Personally I think it's my second favorite game they've made. I'm not sure they'll ever make something I like more than Dark Souls III.
    What did you like about III compared to II?

Maybe it's because II was my first one(discounting playing Demon Souls for 10 minutes when it was free on PS3) but I thought III was kinda crap. Felt a lot buggier and easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post

What did you like about III compared to II?

Maybe it's because II was my first one(discounting playing Demon Souls for 10 minutes when it was free on PS3) but I thought III was kinda crap. Felt a lot buggier and easier.
      Well tbh I haven't even finished II, so I can't form too much of an opinion when comparing them. But II felt pretty sloppy as far as playing and mechanics go. I preferred the first game of what I played of II tbh. It's also very hard to have DSIII be the first game I play and then switch to the older ones. I think I would've liked them more if I started with them.
      <a href=https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.G3u-K0Jwatm3uCyaOjHiRwHaFQ target=_blank>https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.G...uCyaOjHiRwHaFQ</a>

Comment

• Finally completed Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise

Great game but definitely an acquired taste sort of a deal, either you need to like the series or the style of Yakuza games to enjoy it I'd say. The story was surprisingly good for a completely original one, it blends in elements and characters of the source material and entirely new, interesting ones. I thought it'd basically just be a rehash of the source material.

The only thing that really lets it down for me is the combat can be clunky, particularly in the late game because higher level enemies can quite effectively stunlock you and it's super fucking annoying.
        But that makes it all the more satisfying to blow them the fuck up by poking them in the forehead.
        Do hope it gets a sequel.

As for my next gaming venture...I have put Witcher 3 back in my PS4 but have no desire to play it yet. I may trade some games and try get Devil May Cry 5 soon.
        Pretty interested in trying out Morrowind now, it's been a long time since I immersed myself in a fantasy game. Was hoping to get the GOTY edition of Oblivion but the only copies I could find are like £20 which seems ridiculous for such an old game.
        Incredibly convenient Bethesda gave Morrowind away for free a couple of weeks or so ago

Comment

• Well, I beat Sekiro yesterday. Definitely one of the funnest and best games I've played. In NG+ right now, I've had to use resurrect but I haven't gotten any real deaths yet. Felt good to beat the tutorial boss you're supposed to die to lol. I remember how hard Genichiro was at first, after mastering his moveset he might be the easiest boss for me to handle.

The final boss though
          Spoiler Alert!
          Sword Saint Isshin Ashina was insane. I honestly felt hopeless when fighting against him at first. Honestly, he's a hard one to deflect attacks against even though he is a samurai. I don't know how, but whenever I beat a boss after many tries I end up not even using resurrect. Which is good. Not using resurrect against Isshin felt so good.
          Last edited by Greeny; 08-04-2019, 06:04 PM.
          <a href=https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.G3u-K0Jwatm3uCyaOjHiRwHaFQ target=_blank>https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.G...uCyaOjHiRwHaFQ</a>

Comment

• I'm not sure what but will hopefully come home with a new game today, most likely DMC5.
            Trading Spider-Man, Prey, Fist of the North Star, Berserk, DOOM, Metro Redux and Shadow of Mordor in so I should get a good amount off. Potentially I could get two games..., 'tis very tempting.

Think I'll head to CEX and see if I get lucky with Oblivion GOTY, it'd probably be like a pound there.

Comment

• God it's gonna suck when you can't get digital games any more...

After trading all those games in I got DMC5 for nothing and still had £13 credit left so got a years subscription to PS Plus so that plus the game ultimately costing £36 or so.
              Which was essentially free because I had £40 in gift money

Went to CEX and didn't find Oblivion but did find Half Life for £2...
              I didn't get it but it was super tempting, just wasn't sure how the disc version would compare to using it on Steam in terms of mods and such. Want to check 1 and 2 out some time.

But hell yeah DMC5 essentially for free. I'm tired as fuck right now but going to play it a while anyway, the stylish cheesyness beckons me.

EDIT Man I just don't like the Devil Breaker. I hope I get used to it. There's just a bit too many things to juggle now, whether or not your Exceed is charged, whether or not you're holding down the gun button for an explosive shot, what Devil Breaker you have and what move you want to do with it, locking on and slashing with the sword as well as jumping.
              The default controls makes it damn awkward although maybe I'm just too used to the older games. Thankfully you can map controls easy so I'll figure out something that works.

Game is brilliant though, so much care and effort has went in to this, fucking hell.

They've even taken measures to avoid spoilers like some controls are "unused" because they relate to abilities you don't have yet and anything in the menu that would be considered a spoiler is all glitched out looking too. There's even a setting for the co-op mode to hide any special costumes people have in case it spoils things.

The level design is top notch too.
              It's so nice to just play an actual video game again, not to just be placed in a static, dull landscape and shoot things. The levels are constantly shifting around you, every battle has affects on the environment that open up holes in the floor or ledges leading to hidden items, secret missions etc etc rather than just "Walk here, kill thing, now walk here, kill another thing" in glorified corridors.

As for the story, shit man, that's a dramatic opening. I've seen a major spoiler already but I have no idea what else will happen.
              Last edited by Steve; 10-04-2019, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• I've been playing a bit of Apex Legends with POOHEAD189 and I think it's pretty fun. If you treat BRs like what they are, you shouldn't really be frustrated with them.

Comment

• I considered Fortnite. But with summer season up on the way in League of Legends. Club Try outs are this weekend and I am Team Lead. But World of Warcraft private servers voices are itching in the back ground

Comment

• I haven't played Apex for like 2 weeks now, all this Battle Pass stuff doesn't interest me. I'm just waiting for them to improve the performance on PS4 a bit though knowing my fickle tendencies I may just not play it again.

DMC5 continues to impress. I was worried it would be something of a lazy game since the original series had been over so long but the plot seems well thought out, they did plenty research anyway and a lot of elements present interesting ideas for the future.
                    Like a type of boss from the older game just being one of a rare species.
                    Potentially meaning we could see some others revamped for modern DMC, never a bad thing.

V is a cool addition to the cast, hope he sticks around. Playing long range in a game like this is different.
                    It's odd, I feel like I have no idea what to do with him but seem to be destroying everything anyway...Nightmare is badass.

Comment

• Fortnite worth a go?

Comment

• Final Fantasy 14 is if you enjoy those tpes of mmos.
                        http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelador View Post
                          Final Fantasy 14 is if you enjoy those tpes of mmos.
                          Is it free to play?

Comment

• I think you have to subscribe to 14 but there's probably free trials for it.

Mildly coming around to Days Gone but definitely waiting for reviews. I want an open world survival game that will last a long time and have plot, hopefully it's not like 10 hours of story.

Comment

• It has a free 30 day trial and then there's a subscription. I don't care though because I can afford it.
                              http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

• I'm going to try MU Online. Any players?

Comment

Working...
                                X