Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Nostalgia Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Nostalgia Calls

So where do you revert to when you just want to have a good time with your games?

I don't game any longer but I did go and buy Pokemon Blue and Gold from the download store on my 2DS. I have 5 badges in Gold and am having a good time trying to remember how to do everything. I have a high level Hypno and Onix.

My wife will always revert back to good old Super Mario.. What about you?

Paper Mario, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong 64, Yoshi's Story, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby 64.

I hardly find myself going back to old Sonic games or old Pokemon games these days. Both are overrated when it comes to nostalgia.

Comment

I don't really play a whole lot of videogames these days but when I want to invoke some healthy nostalgia I usually slip on my headphones and listen to a couple of tunes of games from my childhood.

The Pokémon GSC soundtrack is usually my main pick, but as of late I've been vibing to the acid house/jungle-ish vibes of the Bomberman Hero soundtrack. Surprisingly good selection of tracks.

Comment

Yeah, I also listen to extended soundtracks of old video games. It takes me back.
        Last edited by Big Green Uncle 2; 13-02-2021, 05:13 AM.

Comment

I never really listened to music when I play games, maybe I should though. Another game I will mention is Candy Crush. It is a quick and easy to use mobile game that we have all partake in but it's a good stress reliever. I'm in the thousands somewhere as far as levels go. It's a 10-15 minute game a day usually before bed or when I'm on lunch at work.

Comment

My mom loves mobile games since they're so casual. My parents were never able to get into video games other than Arcade games when it comes to my Dad, and mobile games as I already mentioned for my mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Green Uncle 2 View Post
              My mom loves mobile games since they're so casual. My parents were never able to get into video games other than Arcade games when it comes to my Dad, and mobile games as I already mentioned for my mom.
              Did they every play Wii Sports? It's one of the best (yet free) gimmick games of all time and I've found most older people and parents that try it do like it whether they admit it or not.

Comment

I think my immediate family and I all played Wii Sports at some point in the late 2000s. We also made Miis of everyone we knew in our personal lives, but I got sick of having most of them around, so I deleted most of them.

Comment

lol I forgot about those. If I ever made a top 10 things "I was absolutely no doubt wrong about" list it would be the success of the Nintendo Wii. They made a gimmick console and sprinkled in enough decent games to make it one of the best consoles of all time in terms of sales of all time.

Comment

They tried to mimic the Wii's success by making the Wii U a gimmick console as well as a family friendly console, but it completely flopped. The Nintendo Switch is a huge step up from the Wii U's general concept.

Comment

Working...
                    X