Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Discussions - Movies & TV

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmeth View Post

A typical internet response. Wait until the movie is out before you judge it.
    Why? It looks and sounds terrible already, there's plenty to judge. It's currently not doing a good job at being appealing.

Still going through Punisher Season 2 and...my God, Jigsaw's face is just...so bad.
    Spoiler Alert!

He doesn't even look slightly disfigured really, Jesus. Literally every zombie in TWD has hours more effort put in to it, even ones that show up for like 3 second clips.
    It's pretty hilarious when other characters are like "Woah man your face! Ahh!!" and he basically looks normal.

Comment

I don't know, I think people are overreacting about the Aladdin trailer. Maybe it's just me.
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENqzSGWU8AQlbQs.jpg:small

Comment

The problem is that the only other Genie we've seen in movies is the animated one, played by Robin Williams and Dan Castellaneta, and it was always gonna be a let-down to see Genie in a live-action movie. I think Will Smith fits the role in a comedic way and that's what we should judge him on. The way he looks doesn't really matter considering he's probably gonna transform many times during the movie.

Comment

Finished the second season of Legion and now I'm eagerly waiting for the third (and final) one. There's definitely a conversation to be had about how this show handles some (extremely) sensitive topics, and I'm sure plenty of people have already written about it at length on the internet. But I can say this: it's the most interesting comic book adaptation going on right now, with everything I've said about the first season applying to this one as well, but even more intensely. I see it as sort of a case study on the superhero comic book genre, a show that is itself very comic book-y in the way it parses and examines its plot, characters and themes. Wheter the show's actually good or not, though, is another story, and it'll depend on how you feel about the way it tackles some of its heavy subject matter. I'm not sure how I feel, myself. But I'm definitely curious to see how that last season will turn out.

As for Aladdin... I didn't think the trailer was terrible? Looks like a pretty inoffensive kids movie.

Comment

Greeny I'd agree. It's another live action Disney movie, and hell, Will Smith is a pretty good actor, he almost certainly ain't gonna be like the old Genie, but I've already accepted that with it being a live action remake at all. Plus no one was really better than Robin Williams anyway. I don't know if I'll see it, but I can hardly get worked up over it, or call it a bad choice necessarily. I'll wait and see what the actor does with the role.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

I was thinking... Will Smith didn't even really need to be blue here for any reason other than brand recognition.

Comment

No, they didn't have to go with a blue genie, but that is sort of a staple of Disney's Aladdin.

Comment

We might have some good news related to the cancelled Marvel shows.

"Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that. As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, 'The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up.' To be continued...!" Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb.
                  http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

Hmm the more I've been thinking about it I kinda only want more Daredevil. Unless they can change these series up a bit I'm kinda okay with them never coming back.
                    They're just filled with SO much filler content, it feels like TWD sometimes like a whole episode goes by and basically nothing happens, just some characterisation. The plot in each series goes by very slowly and Daredevil is the only one to successfully build tension along side that I think.
                    Stellar performances from the main characters help of course.

I think Punisher and Jessica Jones were confirmed cancelled today or yesterday also.

Finished the second season of Legion and now I'm eagerly waiting for the third (and final) one. There's definitely a conversation to be had about how this show handles some (extremely) sensitive topics, and I'm sure plenty of people have already written about it at length on the internet. But I can say this: it's the most interesting comic book adaptation going on right now, with everything I've said about the first season applying to this one as well, but even more intensely. I see it as sort of a case study on the superhero comic book genre, a show that is itself very comic book-y in the way it parses and examines its plot, characters and themes. Wheter the show's actually good or not, though, is another story, and it'll depend on how you feel about the way it tackles some of its heavy subject matter. I'm not sure how I feel, myself. But I'm definitely curious to see how that last season will turn out.

I absolutely adored how weird and interesting season 1 was but I'm really struggling to bring myself to watch the last episode of season 2. I know enough about David to know where it's probably going but in general it feels like the show is just kind of wasting my time. In the first season it was cool seeing a bunch of weird **** happen but in season 2 it's like okay but can things get moving.
                    If the third season is still just as deliberately incoherent I may not bother continuing it, which is a shame since it's great how unconventional it is.
                    Just feels like I get nothing out of watching it.

Comment

• That's fair. Season 2 alienated a lot of viewers and I can definitely see why, although it managed to hold my interest throughout.

About Daredevil, I actually wouldn't want a season 4 despite having really enjoyed season 3. It ended on an almost ideal spot, I think.

Comment

• That's how I feel as well. Obviously they could have come up with something for a fourth season but I felt like season 3's end was a fine conclusion. Not everything needs 7 seasons. Shows risk becoming The Walking Dead when they overstay their welcome.

Comment

• Umbrella Academy on Netflix is really fun but drags like hell. Why is every Netflix show so damn slow?

Comment

• Yeah as much as I love Daredevil it was ideal though that said like in the Spider-Man game logically there'd be a power vacuum once Fisk was put away so Matt's work wouldn't really be done but certainly hashing out another 8 million seasons would have been tiresome.

I'm struggling to bring myself to get in to new TV shows like this because they do all seem to drag these days. I've found so few shows that were genuinely thrilling to watch, consistently so.
                            Most everything runs on the Something interesting happens------------------------------------something vaguely interesting happens----------------------big exciting thing happens---cliffhanger formula.
                            Hyphens representing time.
                            I just skipped an episode of Supernatural because I went to the middle of it to see if it was one I'd watched.

Game of Thrones is probably the only thing doing it for me, it has the kind of drive most TV shows seem to lack.

Comment

• I find University Challenge thrilling. Especially the maths and science questions cuz it's like how can anyone know the answer to that? There was one two weeks ago where Jeremy Paxman asked a question about binary. He was literally like "if something something is 00100111011 then what does 0100010001 equal?" Well obviously I'm paraphrasing but it was that sort of question.

Comment

• Watched In To The Spider-Verse last night, great movie.
                                Found it surprisingly emotional at times, overall it was super fun. It felt somewhat low stakes towards the end but what's new with comic book movies.

The animation was pretty awesome, it was a bit juttery at first I thought but I'm not sure if that smoothed out or if I just got used to it.
                                Would definitely be down to seeing more movies in the same style. I love how it breezed through the origins in comic(as in funny) fashion, the references to the other movies were pretty funny too.

Finally a great Spider-Man movie that's not entirely derivative.

Also Nic Cage is Spider-Man Noir, that's awesome. He was probably my favourite Spider-Person for how over the top hard boiled he is.
                                "Sometimes I let a match burn right down to my fingers, just to feel something!"
                                He was perfect for that kind of role.

Comment

Working...
                                X