Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Discussions - Movies & TV

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most recent movies I've watched were Bird Box and The House That Jack Built, both being pretty decent.

As far as TV goes, I've been obsessing over Black Mirror the past month and a half, I can't believe it's taken me so long to find out about this series because it truly is remarkable and always leaves me reflecting about a number of important questions pertaining to society and where we're heading. I'm also currently watching Narcos Mexico, which is just as good as the previous Narcos seasons!

Comment

Black Mirror ****ing rules. I've been a huge fan of the creator Charlie Brooker long before the show came out. I even have one of his books.
      http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

I've heard lots about it but have never brought myself to watch it for some reason, probably will at some point.

Currently downloading this CW Elseworlds thing, like 2 seasons behind for all their shows so at least this should be okay to jump in to and possibly spark some interest again.
        Barry as Green Arrow is a hilarious concept.

Comment

I've seen some Black Mirror episodes. It's definitely an immersive show, just not one I'd like to watch more of. Every episode feels like individual movies, but not all are equally interesting or as fun to watch imo.

"Who else is in here?"
          "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Originally posted by Darker View Post
            I've seen some Black Mirror episodes. It's definitely an immersive show, just not one I'd like to watch more of. Every episode feels like individual movies, but not all are equally interesting or as fun to watch imo.
            Yeah I think that's a big thing that turns me off, I like something with a developing plotline and consistent characters who change over time. A series of unconnected, while good, stories just doesn't have that appeal and any weaker episodes will stand out as being particularly terrible.

Kinda like Doctor Who but no recurring Doctor or companions, without that the show wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

We've started watching Riverdale recently, around episode 11 of the first season. It's pretty good, a little over dramatic at times but I'm mostly interested in it's future. Have no idea how it in it's current state can branch out in to supernatural stuff.
            My boss told me they made it more mature because the Archie Comics were all kid friendly but then they did a zombie version and it was much more well received...with the themes and characters in the show a zombie plot line would be damn weird, in a hopefully good way.

Comment

I'm thinking of watching the MK cartoon from the 90s

Might make a thread about it as well, 'cause why not

"Who else is in here?"
              "Just us, monsters."

Comment

I used to really enjoy that.
                http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

Flawed as it is, I still like it. It's entertaining enough, and that's good enough for me.

But I haven't watched it in a long while, so

"Who else is in here?"
                  "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Watched Mission Impossible: Fallout the other day. Pretty good film.
                    I guess it just has to be the new James Bond now then? When Tom Cruise is finally too old to do all these stunts and feasibly portray Ethan Hunt I wonder if they'll keep it going with a new hero? That'd be cool.
                    I wish James Bond just stayed as it was with all the gadgets and whatnot, the hand to hand fights in it got much better but it's hardly Bourne Identity.

Maybe when they cast a new Bond it'll get a whole new lease of life but I'm not so hopeful of that, as much as it's a stab through the heart of nostalgia if they can't just have a new 007 agent they should probably just end the series.

Christoph Waltz as Blofeld is easily the saddest waste of a brilliant actor and character in the past decade. Just holy **** how do you **** that up? He's like literally perfect for that role.

Comment

Currently watching Venom.

Liking it so far.

"Who else is in here?"
                      "Just us, monsters."

Comment

I thought it was really fun, it didn't blow me away but I was surprised it was as good as it was.
                        UK version that is.
                        It's just such a shame they couldn't make it R rated but at least he does still bite heads off and stuff.

Even though I didn't much care for Homecoming in the MCU I kind of only care about Spider-Man at this point. I've heard talk of Mysterio and ****, that's good talk. I don't think I'll even watch the trailers for it this time around.
                        And then when I go to the cinema to see other things the trailers will play anyway because fml, happened with Godzilla though thankfully the second trailer kinda just shows the same stuff.

Comment

I'm glad it got enough money to warrant a sequel.

In fact it got nearly as much money as Spider-Man 3 which is a neat coincidence.

"Who else is in here?"
                          "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Finished watching the third and final season of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Charming series all and all, great acting by all adults and improvement of child actors overall. Satisfying ending which emulates the books.

Comment

Moving onto The Predator and Halloween, if I manage to see those two for the best 2018 movies thread.

"Who else is in here?"
                              "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Originally posted by Darker View Post
                                Moving onto The Predator and Halloween, if I manage to see those two for the best 2018 movies thread.
                                Ha, weird, I also have those two to watch soon.

Sounds like The Predator is more of a The Room situation where you watch it to laugh at it, though.
                                That has to be one of the most poorly treated movie franchises in terms of reboots over the years, they just keep getting it so wrong lol.

I think they should give AVP another bash and just miss the whole goofy PG-13 crap, though honestly I much prefer AVP to Requiem. That tried way too hard to be dark and the ****ty teen drama with nothing characters did not lend itself well to that.
                                How do you screw up a PredAlien. That should have been a huge and awesome event but for most of the movie you barely see anything because it's so damn dark.
                                Laying eggs in pregnant women was pretty ****ed up though, kind of a cool idea.

They should reboot AVP and have the first movie be like Predators where it's on a planet they use for hunts and they've just at some point dropped Xeno's on there so any humans or other alien species have both to contend with.

Comment

Working...
                                X