Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avengers: Endgame

Resultado de imagen de avengers endgame poster

A few of us have already seen it, might as well share your thoughts.

Pretty good. Not the greatest but good enough for me.
    http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

Not as good as I'd hoped it would be but still pretty decent.

It was certainly fairly well crafted anyway, despite how messy and insane it is most everything made sense. Didn't feel like I had no idea what was going on.
      Feel as though it's going to be one of those movies massively over rated for a big character death though. That definitely tugged at the heart strings but Oscar worthy? Nah.

Comment

Very bureaucratic, calculated movie, like we're used to by this point. I can't add much to what I already said in the other thread: Endgame's basically just a series crowd-pleasing "moments" strung together with workmanlike efficiency. Every hint at introspection is pure posturing, punctuated by cheap comedy to remind you that it's still a fun Marvel movie even amidst all the melodramatic desolation. The problem's obviously not the presence of comedy but how it's employed.

Still, I liked it just fine while I was watching. The big emotional beat that everyone saw coming worked for me, at least at the moment. I liked it more than Infinity War. But it didn't leave a lasting impression. It's just the longest series finale you'll ever see.

Some tangential observations:

Spoiler Alert!
        -Ronin/Edgy Hawkeye was impossible to take seriously. His family died and he decided to cope by becoming CW's Green Arrow, hood and all. Also, big waste of Hiroyuki Sanada.
        -People like to complain about the CGI Hulk from Ang Lee's 2003 movie but Nerd Hulk here was honestly worse.
        -Fat Thor is there to telll you that becoming a depressed, traumatized alcoholic who does nothing but play video-games all day and is always on the verge of a panic attack is hilarious.
        -Captain Marvel... didn't really amount to much, did she? She rescues Iron Man and Nebula at the beginning and then destroys Thanos' ship in the final battle. But what's special about destroying a ship?
        -After being the center of Captain America's emotional universe for like three movies, Bucky ends up not really mattering to Cap's arc at all. They got what, four or five seconds of interaction?
        -The Ant-Man costume from these movies looks vaguely tokusatsu-ish, and that's kinda great.
        Last edited by Topographic Oceans; 13-05-2019, 04:26 AM.

Comment

It's pretty good but my gosh did they do Thor and the Hulk dirty. Also yes, way too many jokes at inappropriate moments.

Comment

Yeah I think it's sad how often people are touched by the surface level story in these movies and end up finding the more harrowing stuff funny.

FAT THOR FUNNY.

He's become a depressive alcoholic who couldn't deal with his problems or his failures and completely lost himself in vice, hiding away from everyone.

BEING TUBBY IS FUNNY THOUGH.

Comment

Depression is HILARIOUS. So says Avengers Endgame. Even in the scene that's about how Thor's still "worthy", they can't help but drop an "eat a salad" remark. Get it? It's funny because he's fat!

I think the number of Fat Thor cosplayers in conventions this year will rival the number of Harley Quinns and Deadpools.
              Last edited by Topographic Oceans; 17-05-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X