Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notaka watches Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PocketGoggu
    replied
    Originally posted by Greeny View Post
    I'm proud of you for watching it all. Now go watch Lord of the Rings.
    no

Leave a comment:

• Greeny
    replied
    I'm proud of you for watching it all. Now go watch Lord of the Rings.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    These were cool too, but I liked the others better :P

Grievous is dope, I give you that

Leave a comment:

• Darker
    replied
    No mention of Grievous? Or Mace? Odd, their fights are usually considered highlights, for obvious reasons lol

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    It's really good. A bit weird to see the characters go from live action to cartoon style, but you'll outgrow it after five to ten minutes of watching. There were some good action like Obi wan vs that one guy who can regenerate, or Anakin vs that sith Lady. It describes Anakin's path into darkness well and is a must watch if you want to have any idea of what happens.

But, with its length I feel like it would have been better as a movie. It is also a bit annoying how they keep having recaps and next episodes previews.

I'd give it a rating of 7.8/10(too much water) if I assume its a movie. It's better than the first two movies but the third one is better than it.

Leave a comment:

• Darker
    replied
    What'd you think of it, if you wanted to go more in-depth?

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Yeah. Watched it before I watched III.

Leave a comment:

• Darker
    replied
    You've already watched it all?

Well, it's a miniseries, so...

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Yeah it was a fairly good cartoon. You really can't go wrong with the mind behind Samurai Jack, huh.

Leave a comment:

• Darker
    replied
    Oh, yay, Clone Wars time!

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    OK I've finished with the third movie and now I'm done with the prequels.

Star Wars 2: Attack of the clones - 7.5/10

Way better than the first movie, that's for sure. Obi-wan sure treats Anakin like crap, even if it was for his own good. Count Dooku is a good character. Jango did way more than his son did, even though one is exactly the same as the other. Also the big battle royal at the end is great.

Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith - 8.2/10

IMO The only movie who can rival the original trilogy and definitely the best of the bunch. I like it even better than 4. The fight scenes there were the peak, fights like Grievous vs Obi Wan, Windu vs Sidious, Sidious vs Yoda, Obi Wan vs Anakin...etc, and it was terrifying but exciting to see Anakin becoming Darth Vader. Grievous is one of the better prequel characters, methinks. Only downside to the movie is that you kinda need to watch the Star Wars Clone Wars cartoon to understand what's happening, but even then the cartoon is worth a watch, too.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Decided to tackle the prequels, and done with the first ever (chronological) Star Wars I - The Phantom Menace.

The characters were good, like Darth Maul and Qui Gon, but they still have yet to topple Darth Vader and Han Solo. However, I believe they had found themselves a nice place in my top ten list. The action was also pretty good, especially the pod race and Qui Gon/Obi Wan vs Maul. It feels weird seeing Anakin crush on Padmé despite her being older than him. Jar Jar Binks, well, I don't hate him as I thought I would, I'm kinda confused as to why he's hated tbh.

Overall the movie is decent. It can stand out as a movie of if its own, but comparing it to the original trilogy, it falls short. Not gonna lie, I wouldn't have watched this hadn't I watched the original trilogy(As a matter of fact, it was the first star wars movie I "tried" to watch. Couldn't stand longer than 20 minutes) IMO this movie is only watchable once you go through the original trilogy, or somewhat have prior investment in Star Wars. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner.

Either way, I'll give it around a 7.2/10 or so.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Originally posted by Greeny View Post
    Go watch the prequels now.

Also, I'm proud of you for watching this.
    Yes dad

sometime

Leave a comment:

• Greeny
    replied
    Go watch the prequels now.

Also, I'm proud of you for watching this.

Leave a comment:

• Darker
    replied
    Here are all the changes made throughout the original trilogy, in case you're curious

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...meWQjIuniIq7aw

Leave a comment:

Working...
X