Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has The Lockdown Affected Your Physical Health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has The Lockdown Affected Your Physical Health?

Decided to post this in the Sports section since there's no Health section.

Has it made it to where you can't exercise? It made it to where I don't work all day, but I'm getting in better health by eating better recently.
    Last edited by Big Green Uncle 2; 30-12-2020, 04:44 AM.

No, not really. I don't really exercise, though I definitely should.

Comment

Yes it's effecting me a lot.
      My mental health is deteriorating, very little physical contact with friends. Cat seems to enjoy it though, little fucker.

Also physically. Haven't played football in months, really sucks. Also the gym has been closed since december, gotten a little fatter, really have to watch what I eat. Luckily a buddy of mine has a home gym cause he's in the national rowing team, so I'm working out with him now once a week, it's something.

Comment

I've actually started taking weight loss pills called Phentermine, and it helps lower your appetite, increase your metabolism, and makes you more energetic. I've losted 25 pounds because of it since a month and a half ago.

Comment

Yeah my mental health has been completely shot as of recently, and I've gain a bit too much weight as well. Between the lack of exercise, and a few not so good choices I've made, I kind of put myself in a tough position. I'm just now really starting to recover from everything, and I am trying to eat healthy and exercise. I'm also cutting out any bad habits I've pick up in the past year, since I have picked up a few.

Comment

I would say that it did. I lost almost 20 lbs during this period of quarantine, because I couldn't go gym and my food ration was very bad, I had no appetite all the time and that's the main reason why I lost so much weight, including the fact that I was already skinny. Add the fact that you stay inside the house all the time, alone, and here it is - the perfect depression scenario. The only thing that helped me to deal with this, was that I bought some weed online, and it helped to relax and forget about the thing that I was alone in a lockdown.
            Last edited by Keiteene; 15-03-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Yes, I started running more for a few months in 2020 (some health issues, but restarted again in 2021) and overall have been exercising at home. Pre-covid I was always tired due to commuting and if I went to training I'd have a hard time due to being sleepy and would be out of the house for 15 hours straight (12 on non-training days). Now I'm basically 100% recovered from all that. At few months ago I was sitting around way too much, but now I'm on my feet a few hours a day.

Mentally I feel pretty great too. Having to go back to interacting in-person may or may not be a bit weird at first though.

For just me, I highly doubt I'll look back at covid in 5-10 years as a negative. Hopefully it'll be a net positive for plenty of societies in general, otherwise it'll be a waste.
              --------------------------------------------Signature-----------------------------------------------------

(aka TrunksinSwimmingTrunks aka daman)

“Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Comment

I've now lost 30 pounds. I'm almost under 300 pounds now. That will be a huge achievement. I'll lose weight even faster once I get my job back next month (since I live in Texas where the mask mandate lifted, and the restaurant will likely be back to normal).

Comment

I lost about 20 lbs over the course of the last 6-7 months. I weighed a good 220 lbs last August or so, now I weigh at least 15 lbs less. Also doing at least 100 squats a day to build up leg strength so I can learn to play basketball and keep myself fit. My goal is probably to lose another 20 to 30 lbs.

Comment

Slimmed down to like 72kg, ballooned up to 82kg. :donovan

Comment

Lockdown for many turned out to be a difficult event that greatly affected Physical health. That is why I started to fix this problem by using indica flower which was suggested to me by my friend. After each workout, the body and the muscular system need to relax. It is in such cases that I use this medicine if you can call it that. I think that you will find it quite interesting because, in addition to physical health on lockdown, mental health also suffered, which indica also copes with
                      Last edited by JarvisVOID; 20-05-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushar
                        Personally, it really affected me a lot and at the beginning, I was depressed because I was lacking in socializing and I had to stay home all the time. After a few months like this, I felt like I had a crisis and that I had to solve something. I came across the seedsman promo code for marijuana seed orders and decided it was convenient and I really wanted to try. This helped me get rid of depression and feel much better without becoming addicted or anything like that. How did you go through this difficult period? What helped you recover psychologically?
                        Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

Comment

Honestly, I'm tired of any covid topic because it's been discussed everywhere since the pandemic started. Especially after I went through this disease, I had a tough time. After I recovered, I decided to make an antigen corona test once a month to make sure everything was fine and I wasn't infected again. I can't wait to get rid of the covid completely and be able to return to normal life.
                          Last edited by Astora; 30-05-2021, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I've lost 40 pounds since December of last year. I haven't lost or gained any weight lately, though.

Comment

Not the lockdown itself, but with the house locked rule. When I was little, I was alone in the house, and some thieves came; it was a terrible experience that led to long-time trauma. In the lockdown beginning, I was alone, and all the childhood experiences were back again. I read on FHEHealth about mental trauma and childhood experience trauma, and I understood that I needed special care on this subject. I found excellent programs that helped me pass this problem, but still, I hate being alone in the house for such a long time.
                              Last edited by TimColeman; 08-06-2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X