Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lord Of The Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lord Of The Rings

Who here has read the novel?

I have, as well as the Hobbit. I really love the LotR movies, but I prefer the books. It's kind of weird how they split it into three novels when it works rather well as a single novel. I mainly feel that way because I'm reading through the Wheel of Time series right now and each book is like the length of the entire Lord of the Rings. I kind of want to try watching the old LotR movies just to see Glorfindel in action. It's a shame he's missing from Peter Jackson's version.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENqzSGWU8AQlbQs.jpg:small

Comment

The Lord of the Rings is a lengthy work of art. A singular novel closing in on 1000 pages is a bit of a stretch to sell to publishers, especially back then. It was smart to separate it into 3 novels in a sort of "to be continued" way, very much like how A Song of Ice And Fire is written and published.

On the subject though, yes I have read the book(s). I finished them for a second time (first time reading english) right before Christmas and as usual I loved reading through them.

Originally posted by Greeny
      I kind of want to try watching the old LotR movies just to see Glorfindel in action. It's a shame he's missing from Peter Jackson's version.
      I believe you'll be disappointed. It's Legolas that meets them when they try to make for Rivendell from Weathertop. He's voiced by C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels though so that's nice at least.

Comment

Working...
      X