Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate the last anime/manga you finished out of 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeny
    replied
    Since the manga has ended for Kimetsu no Yaiba- 8.7/10. Pretty good series and it was a fun ride. There were different directions I wanted the series to take when it got near the end, but it's over and still ended well. While the last arc (which is technically two arcs I guess) is pretty long, I felt it was a little bit rushed tbh. Which might sound weird, because I could see people thinking the final fights dragged a bit, which they did and that was kind of the point with the final battle. But I mostly was just hoping it wouldn't end here.

Leave a comment:

• scouterSSJ
    replied
    Toriko 10/10
    JoJo: Pt. 7: 9.5/10, Pts. 2,5,6: 9/10, Pt 4: 8/10, Pt 3: 7/10, Pt 1: 6,5/10
    Akira: 7/10
    Naruto: 8/10
    Bleach: 3/10
    Fairy Tail: 1/10
    Strongest disciple Kenichi: 3/10

Leave a comment:

• PocketGoggu
    replied
    Originally posted by Greeny View Post
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind- 7/10
    You are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Greeny
    replied
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind- 7/10

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Attack on Titan, definitely a 9.5/10. Brilliant anime.

Leave a comment:

• Pelador
    replied
    Attack on Titan. 7/10.

Positives: Great animation and vocal performances. Really interesting story. The titans are very scary.

Negatives: Some flash back scenes felt like filler. There is also a lot of introspection and self reflection going on throughout every episode. Not always a bad thing but it seemed like filler sometimes and it was quite melodramatic. Sometimes I felt my self thinking alright already get on with the episode.
    Spoiler Alert!
    In the final season I thought that beast titan was taken down too easily, bad ass as Levi is. He didn't put up any kind of fight against him despite being war chief of these frightening monsters.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    After 2 months of on and off reading, I have finally finished the behemoth known as Naruto

Since it's split into two parts, I'll give a separate rating for them:

Naruto: Part 1 - 8/10

Cozy manga about ninja. The fights were pretty solid, especially in the first few arcs, such as Land of waves and Chunin exams. The third arc was also good, Orochimaru's attack on Konoha but it was then I felt it had decreased in quality a little bit, but nonetheless, it was enjoyable. If anything, it did manage to stay within a consistent level.

Naruto: Part 2 - 8.25/10

The second part and the meat of the manga. I'm not sure if I prefer this part or the first one, because whereas the first part managed to remain consistent in quality, I felt part 2 had too many ups and downs. You had really good parts such as Pain's invasion(Which is imo the best Naruto arc, yes, even better than Chunin exams) but most of the part, not going to lie, was a slog. Especially the war, it had too many ups and downs. Still, the best fight of it, they easily eclipse those of part 1.

Overall rating would be around 8.25/10, the same as part 2. Overall, Naruto is a pretty solid manga, It has a lot of dull moments, but, there are also good parts. The characters have good personality, they also develop as the manga continues, the fights, are great, and the worldbuilding isn't too bad. I wouldn't put it on the same level as One Piece, but, if you're looking for a long running, manga with decent fights, Naruto is for you.

Leave a comment:

• Greeny
    replied
    Kimetsu no Yaiba- 8.7/10

All caught up with this series. Pretty solid and really enjoying it. Hopefully it continues for a long time but it may be in one of its last arcs.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Finished Bleach (Part 1) yesterday - 8.25/10

Good battle shonen. It starts off slow and decent but once they get into Soul Society, which I find to be the peak of the show, it turns into a really, really good show. After that it decreases in story quality but in exchange, the battles become much, much better. The world is also fleshed out more, with the introduction of new races such as Visored and Arrancar.

What I don't like about the show is the cycle Ichigo has. Again, I don't dislike him or anything, I think he's a solid protagonist, but the way he gets depressed and moody each arc is kind of annoying. It's like he doesn't show any sign of character development. I also don't like how he sometimes get powers out of nowhere or always in the same way(Fighting against Zengetsu in his inner world). There's also some little flaws but all in all, if you like battle shonens, then Bleach is for you.

Leave a comment:

• Greeny
    replied
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection- 9.2/10
    Last edited by Greeny; 14-05-2019, 04:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Toji
    replied
    Gundam AGE - 6.5/10.
    Not the worst Gundam anime I've seen, but felt weak for the most part, even though the series essentially spanning over 100 years and three generations of main characters did seem like a neat idea. The 1st generation story arc was meh, I really enjoyed the 2nd generation story arc the most, but aspects of 3rd generation started getting a bit ridiculous for my liking, and it seemed like they weren't able to wrap up certain elements in a satisfying way at that point.
    I've heard the AGE series of Gundam kits are really good, though that doesn't have any bearing on the anime itself. 6.5/10.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    All caught up with Black Clover - 8.25/10

This manga is a decent read if you want a shonen that's not too simple nor too complex. However, the first two arcs are terribly bland and it only comes out of its own by the time the third one rolls out. This isn't really a big issue since the manga has formidable pacing and moves on quickly. The battles are also good, especially the ones where the black bulls have to team up to take down their enemies. The last two arcs or so are really, really good. Especially the current one.

Let me say that Asta...Will, he is by no means a bad character but he's really, really bland. He's the embodiment of the average shonen hero: Happy-go lucky, gets angry when others are hurt, optimist and hopeful, never gives up... Those aren't bad traits but they're overdone. He doesn't really have something that stands out from the other protagonists.

The side cast, on the other hand, is a solid one. You have great characters like Yami, Yuno, Luck...etc which, frankly, eclipses Asta.

Anyways, if you don't expect something on the level of Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist, Jojo and those other great shows...You would have an enjoyable time reading Black Clover.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Fist of the North Star, my true rating would probably be a 7 b-NANI!!!???
    HOKUTO: SOARING NOSTALGIA STRIKE!!
    You already rated
    *explodes in an awful gory but weirdly censored mess* 10/10!!

Overall a great series, I had immense fun watching it...for the most part, I feel like the manga is probably a way better experience but I couldn't pull myself away from the cheesy sound effects, music and ATATATATATATATATATATATATA-WATAAA!'s, it's great fun as a nostalgia watch. I can only imagine how much I'd have enjoyed it as a kid, same as DBZ back in the day.

The anime experience kinda drags at times though, it didn't feel like it should have been 152 episodes long(though I skipped filler) a lot of the time it felt like the plot was going nowhere and the plot itself I feel was a bit too morbid. It's said early on that tragedy will follow the North Star but it gets to the point where every time a cool new character appears you know they'll be killed off anyway. Didn't like that. So many of them deserved happy endings or just died needlessly.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Just finished Kimetsu no Yaiba - 8.75/10

This shonen is quite something. Gory and violent, I love it. The characters aren't too bad, The plot is decent enough but the fights are awesome. This manga is like a mix of Attack on Titan and Berserk but with demons instead and it works, surprisingly.

My only complaint is that the arc is somewhat unrefined. Again, it's not a bad thing and kind of add a charms to it. Also, the anime fixes this so...Speaking about the anime, It'll be something I'll follow. So far the two episodes have been really, really good and they haven't gotten to the good parts yet.

Leave a comment:

• Vitalista
    replied
    Monster - 8.75/10

This anime has excellent world building and character development. The characters, at least the ones that stay for more than a couple of episodes, are really well written, each one of them has their faults which make them really interesting. The plot is also intriguing and makes you want to see more.

But, I'm going to come around and say this, This show has the worst and slowest pacing I have ever seen. An episode feels like two or three instead of one.

By no means it's a bad thing, but for someone like me who likes fast paced series in general, it's a minus from me. However, for something like Monster, a slow pacing is better as it needs to flesh out the cast and lay out more and more mysteries, forcing the reader/watcher to think through. It could have still been ten to twenty episodes shorter though.

If I had to compare this to Death Note or Code Geass(since Monster is usually compared to them), I'd say that in both world building and mysteries, Monster beats them both. It's that I prefer the other series for their faster pace.

I also want to say that Johan is a piece of crap, but I love him
    Last edited by Vitalista; 03-04-2019, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X