Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate the last anime/manga you finished out of 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate the last anime/manga you finished out of 10

Give a little review if you'd like to as well

One Punch Man- 8.4/10

Pretty good series, finally had gotten around to it. Haven't seen any other parody besides Gintama, so this was an interesting experience. It was enjoyable and I look forward to what else this series has to offer.

Zombie Land Saga- 7/10 (well above average by my rating)

I went in not knowing all that much about the genre of idol anime, and assuming it was very cutesy and not all that interesting for someone like me. But am I glad to say that my expectations were so very wrong. As it turns out, the premise of zombies as idols is something that when executed well like in this anime, is a damn riot. From the amazing Producer to the characterization of the various idols. Everything does a really good job of entertaining you, and the characterization is deep enough that you grow attached to the protagonists as they try to cope with their situation. Definitely worth a try, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Zombieland saga is good^

Senran Kagura: 7/10
      My 7/10 is pretty much a "it was good enough to watch the whole thing," kind of deal. Shinobi chicks fight and indulge in sweet sweet fanservice. It was alright.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Asobi Asobase: 8/10

A solid parody comedy, in a similar vein as Nichijou or Daily Lives of High School Boys. The main characters are all girls, but that didn't stop many of the situation being relatable. Although there were parts which fell flat for me, every episode in the first (and currently, only) season had hilarious moments. It was mostly cleverly set up, but sometimes it got overly vulgar, which is when it was a bit boring for me. The closing song had Ikepy from Her Name In Blood on vocals (and a guy from FOAD), which is cool. Definitely recommended.
        “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Comment

Originally posted by wolffanghameha View Post
          Asobi Asobase: 8/10

A solid parody comedy, in a similar vein as Nichijou or Daily Lives of High School Boys. The main characters are all girls, but that didn't stop many of the situation being relatable. Although there were parts which fell flat for me, every episode in the first (and currently, only) season had hilarious moments. It was mostly cleverly set up, but sometimes it got overly vulgar, which is when it was a bit boring for me. The closing song had Ikepy from Her Name In Blood on vocals (and a guy from FOAD), which is cool. Definitely recommended.
          Asobi Asobase was great. The seiyuu for the three girls are all rookies too, and they absolutely killed it.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Jormungand S1 - 9/10
            Loved it. If you are a fan of Black Lagoon, this is like that except it follows an arms dealer and her group of soldiers from various aspects of life. The action isn't as ridiculous as Black Lagoon and I can appreciate that. All around great anime. On to S2

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Akira (Movie)- 8/10

Solid movie, but there is a lot to be desired I'd say. Pretty good animation for as old as an anime as it is. While there's a lot that's needed for expansion, I think a remake of the series would be a bad idea.

Comment

Gonna just go ahead and rate everything from this season even though some of them aren't done yet (1 more ep), or are more than 1 cour. My rating system is fucked up cause I give everything a 7 if I liked it enough to finish it, then rate higher from there. Yeah yeah doesn't work that way but oh well.

Anime Yell! - 7/10
                Cute girls doing cute stuff. Honestly probably wouldn't have continued it if Uki wasn't in it.

Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama - 9/10
                The cutest show I have ever seen

Goblin Slayer - 8/10
                Good characters, decent plot, plenty enjoyable to watch. A little overhyped, tho.

Golden Kamuy S2 - 9/10
                This show is the shit. Watch it.

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara - 8/10
                PA Works always makes good stuff and this one has an interesting concept. I'm actually kinda behind on it, like ep 8 out of 12, but those 8 were very good. I know its gonna get sad and I'm scared.

Release The Spyce - 8/10
                Pretty decent show that doesn't shy away from actually hurting their cute girl main characters in actual dangerous environments. Traitor sub plot that was actually kinda surprising when they finally reveal it.

Seishun Buta Yarou - 10/10
                Amazing. Everything Oregairu wanted to be.

SAO: Alicization - 9/10
                Super solid right now. We are only done with the first cour of 4 but I'm enjoying it a lot. Its so much different that you'd think a different, better writer took over.

SSSS.Gridman - 9.9/10
                You know I didn't even like this show for the robot vs kaiju fights. The direction and dialogue in this show are so fucking good. Like holy shit Trigger, better than Darling in the Franxx by a long shot. I was thinking about this show constantly for the few days after the last episode. So good. Im still high on that feeling so I don't wanna give it a 10 cause its probably not a 10 to me really.

Tensei shitara Slime datta ken - 9.5/10
                Almost didn't watch this one but glad I did. Interesting characters with great pace and consistent art. Makes me wish Overlord had the same care put into its anime adaptation.

Index 3 - ???/10
                My favorite series and I'm still trying to decide how I feel about this adaptation. My favorite arc was butchered miserably, but another good arc was handled very well. But its gonna get rushed again cause only 24 episodes with 48 episodes worth of material to cover.

Tonari no Kyuuketsiki-san - 9/10
                One of the better CGDCT anime.

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru - 9/10
                Awesome comedy show. Recommend.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru - 9/10
                Holy fuck an actually good show about yuri.

Zombieland Saga - 8/10
                Good show. Weird concept but it works. The dad episode made me cry.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Last manga I finished was Toriko, I'd give it a solid 8/10.

It's kinda cheesy and follows a lot of shounen tropes but it's immensely fun in it's own right and incredibly unique as well, aside from being rushed at the end it accomplishes everything that was within it's scope nicely.
                  Some really amazing artwork and a pretty incredible level of consistency for a shounen series, the battles are fucking awesome too.

As for anime.

Recently finished Castlevania S1&2, again probably an 8/10.

Really damn good...but really damn short too. Both seasons amount to 12 episodes in total, which is odd and they're cut together in a strange way, I assume because it's Netflix it's designed to be easily bingeable but for me the fun was over just slightly too quick.
                  However the animation and voicework is stellar, some plot points are a bit naff but overall a great series and reignited my interest in Vampire related material. Can't wait for season 3 and for Konami to...make...another 3D game...ohh that's never going to happen is it.

All I can remember at the mo, been a dry season for anime we've found. Goblin Slayer and the Slime Isekai anime are like the only decent things running currently.

Comment

Pretty much the same as Steve regarding Toriko and Castlevania, though I haven't watched Season 2 yet. I don't disagree with how he rated them either.

Comment

The Future Diary- 8/10

Okay, not totally surprised the ending was like that but still a bit surprised. Hoping that redial gives a better ending. All in all though, pretty dang good anime. A lot of predictable stuff I thought, but at the same time Yuno honestly surprised me so many times. Especially with the stuff near the end.

Edit: The Future Diary: Redial- 8/10

Good conclusion, wish a bit more was expanded upon. But that's just my romantic side.
                      Last edited by Greeny; 31-12-2018, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Not an anime or a manga, but a movie:

Grave of the fireflies - 9/10

It was an enjoyable watch. It was kind of painful yet interesting to see how the two siblings struggled after the bombing. The animation was really good, and the character development was somewhat good, despite being a movie.

Tho it didn't make me cry like any thing else would have claimed to

Comment

Jormungand S2 - 9/10
                          took me awhile but finally got around to it. better than the first season

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Tokyo Ghoul:re Season 2- 7.6/10

Finally got around to watching the last two episodes. Pretty decent, there were a lot of good fights but the series, as well as the fights, felt very rushed. I think if things were drawn out a bit more it would add to the series so much. Anyways, pretty content with the ending. I did enjoy it still, I can imagine if the manga draws things out more why it would have so much better ratings overall. If that's the case, I might go ahead and give it a read sometime. While I did say I was content with the ending, there is a little bit more I wanted in terms of the relationship between humans and ghouls now. They didn't really touch on that.

Comment

Goblin Slayer 8/10.

This anime was fantastic. The goblins were pure savages. Although between the first and final episode there isn't much happening plot wise. It could have easily been half the length if not even shorter and this was only 12 episodes. That being said I never got sick of seeing the boss that is Goblin Slayer inventing new and creative ways to butcher the goblins. Man those things are no joke.
                              http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X