Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anime Recommendation Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime Recommendation Thread

Title. I'll start

Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai
    If you like Monogatari, then this will surely be up your alley. Its written by Nisio and animated by Shaft in the same style as Monogatari. Kubikiri Cycle is a whodunnit murder mystery set on an isolated island. This island is home to a girl who invites international renowned geniuses to visit and stay on the island. Like Monogatari, the big flashy genre set-pieces are sideshows, the character drama is the main event. All the mansions and murders and mauve color palettes only really matter to the extent that they give us greater insight into the characters themselves, the demons they're wrestling with, and whether or not they can actually overcome them.

If you like any of Nisio's stuff, especially Monogatari, you will enjoy this. It seems to have gone under the radar when it aired and I didn't find out about it till recently.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Jormungand
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

Jormungand follows Koko, Jonah, and the rest of crew as they travel the world selling weapons under the international shipping company HCLI. As Koko's work is illegal under international law, she is forced to constantly sidestep both local and international authorities while doing business with armies, private militaries, and militias. With the CIA always hot on her trail, and assassins around every corner, Jonah and the crew must guard Koko and her dream of world peace with their lives or die trying.

If you liked Black Lagoon, you'll like this one. It has a similar feel and style. I think the Black Lagoon characters are a bit more charming, bar Koko, but Jormungand is a good time.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

If you like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Kill La Kill, then you'll like Darling In The Franxx.

Comment

Working...
      X