Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan Discussion Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    As for the whole think of Ymir's line ending and there being no more Titans every again, I do have to wonder exactly how that works. If a Shifter dies and never gets eaten...is their power really just gone forever? That seems off to me.
    Makes me wonder if there's much more to it than just having Eldian blood, would Titan's really disappear? Maybe once they return to the Earth they reincarnate later or something.
    Why bother with Royal families and such if you could just wipe them all out and be done with it.
    iirc, if you kill a shifter without eating the host, the power randomly goes to someone else.
    The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

It does? Huh I don't remember that at all, seems like it should be a bigger deal.

So Annie is surely going to come in to play sometime soon, I wonder who's side she'll end up on? Wouldn't be surprised if she could have taken in some information while in that crystal, I forget what Armin was doing down there but maybe he theorized that and gave her enough information to make her either switch sides anyway or be massively in doubt of her previous allegiance.

I can picture Reiner finally getting a one up on Eren only for there to be an unknown Titan transformation and NANI THE FUCK she smacks him one. Not entirely sure why she would but yeah.

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen, but I do know that the ending approaches and that it's too soon.

BUT!

Something just occured to me.

Spoiler Alert!
        There was a theory going around about Zeke and Eren's Jager/Yaeger (whatevs) bloodline being special in some way like the Ackermans. Mostly given the spiky elf-like ears that the two share. Grisha had them, but I don't think Eren Kruger did. Ymir's Titan's ears were pointy initially, but those were turned normal in the anime.

And we can't forget about Armin... How exactly did his grandpa get ahold of a book about the world outside the walls? Said grandpa hasn't been seen ever in the manga, and only given a glimpse in the anime, but we don't know where he is at the moment. Is the Arlert bloodline special too or something?
        Last edited by Darker; 07-05-2019, 05:55 PM.
        The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

Chapter 117
          Spoiler Alert!
          Intense fight, no one is dead yet though. Great end. Hmm, I have a feeling Zeke might die soon. Well, everyone is going to die soon probably.
          <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

They all only have like two years left iirc

Well, Eren might have a little more, and maybe Annie gets more in her cuccoon.
            The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

Isn't Reiner the authors favourite character?

Spoiler Alert!
              It's odd that they make him get absolutely rekt most of the time, like he is terrible in combat despite how powerful his Titan is.
              (at this point not finished the chapter)

Damn, things are getting wild.

All these headshots man!

No idea where this is all going but it's pretty great, can't wait to see this animated.
              Only like a 10 year wait!

Comment

Hopefully not, they got Seasons 2 and 3 done relatively quickly and covered a lot of chapters. I'd say we will get here in a season or two, which may take a few years, of course.

So long as no hiatus happens like with the unfortunate first season.
                The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

Originally posted by Darker View Post

iirc, if you kill a shifter without eating the host, the power randomly goes to someone else.
                  Regarding this point again

"The idea of paths came from noticing that the Nine Titans are sent to a random baby among the Subjects of Ymir, regardless of distance or blood relations, if they die without being eaten. This implies that the Subjects of Ymir are all connected and what connects them are paths."

As for what paths is, in case none of you remember, which I don't blame you for:

Resultado de imagen de ymir paths
                  The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

I guess it shouldn't be too huge a concern but I think they're doing another season of that Kabeneri anime, hopefully that doesn't take too much time and resources as it's vastly inferior.

I think depending on how long this arc is they could do it in one 24 episode season nicely but for marketing purposes it'd probably be 2.

Comment

Is that Kabeneri thing really all that popular? The only reason I hear of it is because it's standing on AoT's shadow.
                      The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

Originally posted by Darker View Post
                        Is that Kabeneri thing really all that popular? The only reason I hear of it is because it's standing on AoT's shadow.
                        I think it did do pretty well, perhaps mostly in Japan. It's getting a movie and a second season I think.

Really don't get why it is just the same thing but they use trains to move around.
                        The two main characters are annoying as hell I found, especially Mumei. Just bratty and stupid. The characters in AoT are far superior, even Eren is more interesting.

Think it's fairly well animated and whatnot, guess that's another plus for people. The story, characters and setting never worked for me.

It's odd to me that they don't just go all in and milk AoT since it's clearly their hottest property by a country mile.

Comment

btw go back to post 18, I added some theories in that one a few days ago

Also, I stumbled upon the special edition cover of volume 16

Not sure why the Colossal is taking Rod's place but it's an awesome visual

I've also read most of Attack on Titan: Before the Fall, and it's pretty good. I recommend it.

Last edited by Darker; 14-05-2019, 03:38 PM.
                          The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

Somehow I've missed not one but two chapters so reading two in a row was pretty damn awesome.

So much chaos.

Spoiler Alert!
                            Holy shit, Eren has legit been decapitated? Not at all convinced he's dead but still, guessing he either done that thing where they section off their consciousness or he's just going to make contact with Zeke as a falling head and then some shit is gonna happen.
                            I wonder if since Eren ultimately has the power he could just take over Zeke's body? I feel Zeke shouldn't survive this anyway, he's had so many near misses already.

But damn that scream, I wasn't sure it would actually happen.
                            Falco's Titan form is easily the creepiest for me, it looks so damn wrong.

Cart Titan's artillery is OP as hell also.

If all these Titans are about now surely the Rumbling thing will be pretty redundant since Eren can just control them and finish off this battle easily if he comes back alright.

Reiner lives too, didn't see that one I thought Gallard was already wiped out. Interestin.

Wonder when Historia will show up surely she'll have some sort of a role.
                            And fucking hell, where is Annie? Would be interesting if they showed up together.
                            Last edited by Greeny; 07-07-2019, 02:38 AM. Reason: Fixed your spoiler tag again lol

Comment

Spoiler Alert!
                              Man I realllly hope Eren isn't dead, I was so shocked and angry when that happened. I really thought Reiner would die, but not upset he didn't. Figured Falco was going to become a Titan Shifter at some point, especially after ingesting Zeke's spinal fluid. Man, as if we didn't need another reason to hate Gabi. I swear, if this actually does Eren in . . . Ughhh
                              <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

I was waiting for you lot, I wanted to comment on these past few chapters myself lol

Spoiler Alert!
                                RIP side characters. Pyxis, Nile, you will all be missed.

I believe there has been past conversations about other Titan Shifters surviving decapitation, plus what Reiner did back in the Return to Shiganshima arc. If Eren is dead then his powers will be inherited by Historia's baby for sure, but I highly doubt he is. Everyone in this series has been close to death a few times, and Eren is one of the more infamous cases. This time, however, we don't lack knowledge on Titan abilities, plus let's not forget the Warhammer Titan could do crazy stuff too.

Also isn't it weird how Falco ignored Reiner and went for Porco? We have a new Jaws Titan now, though.

And I don't really hate Gabi anymore. Sasha wasn't one of my favourites and neither is she, but at least she finally understood that Eldians are just people and not devils, heck, even more innocent than Marleyans, arguably.
                                The Mighty Bakuzan

Comment

Working...
                                X