Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rising of the Shield Hero

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rising of the Shield Hero

Anyone watched this yet? Came out on Sunday I believe.

We watched the first episode and...it's pretty damn good so far, the first episode is around 40 minutes long which is actually pretty brilliant I thought, it's a great amount of time to introduce the series well.

Anyway yeah, it's yet another isekai anime but this one in particular I've seen soooo many people say is way better than most, I've seen the manga pop up on sites from time to time but never really bothered to check it out.
    The visuals are nice and crisp and the voicework is Japanese voice work so obviously it's pretty decent, a few familiar voices here and there.

The story set up is pretty generic.

Prophecy of an apocalypse, people summoned from other worlds to be the heroes that save the day, yadda yadda.
    Sword, Spear, Bow and Shield, obviously our main guy is the Shield...the laughing stock of the four heroes.

From there on it goes in pretty different directions to usual though which I'm guessing is why people like it. The main character is pretty cool, he's not some perfect ultimately skilled do-gooder but he's not a ridiculously edgy angry boi either, he's a good character so far.

First episode is entirely set up and exposition but it was fairly awesome, looking forward to see what comes next.

Seems pretty good. MC is likeable and I hear good things about his companion that we'll see next episode. Animation was consistent and hopefully it stays that way.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Yeah so far it's shaping up to be one of the better Isekai anyway, it's a pretty tired genre by now but there are still some great ones.
      Guessing it'll be like 80 years before we see an ending to the anime though...

Comment

Nani? I didn't realize the first episode already came out. I'll definitely check it out as it's on my to watch list and I'm currently following the manga.

Comment

Isekai is definitely done a lot but its a good genre so I'm fine with it being popular. First episode aired last saturday, Greeny.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Man, they're doing a great job of adapting this.

Comment

Apparently episode 2 is out on the 16th and it's to be a 25 episode season, nice. The 2018 portion of this winter anime season was terrible for the most part.
              Between this, Mob Psycho and The Promised Neverland we're doing good this year already.

Comment

They either need to show Myne get her comeuppance or stop showing her, cause it pisses me off to the point where i could barely get through the last episode.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Yeeeah, I know he's the good guy but every episode I'm just sitting like JUST KILL THEM
                  ALL OF THEM

This series is ****ing great so far, I've never watched one so emotional only 4 episodes in, though to be fair essentially 5 since the first was some 40 odd minutes. Still.
                  Even though it's fast paced it all just seems done right. I've seen people complain about that but a bunch of pointless stuff just to pad it would be...just plain unsatisfying.

Unless something amazing happens this year, Raphtalia wins the 2019 Waifu Award, I declare.

Comment

Raphtalia isn't even waifu of the season for me, lol. But yeah I am enjoying the show a lot but they need to get through this suffering ****.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

Finally, a nice mostly positive episode.

Spoiler Alert!
                      Seriously that ***** better die by the end of the season, I don't want some pity party crap where it turns out she's a horrible person because her father was mean to her to make us feel sorry for her. She needs flattened by that beautiful birb.

New party member is pretty cool, I wonder if he just happened to get a special one as is typical of a protagonist or if they can all transform like that if you give them enough love.
                      I hope the latter.

Comment

It's so fun to read people's reactions to this series who haven't ready the manga or light novel.

Comment

Working...
                        X