Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What manga are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What manga are you currently reading?

I'm not currently reading anything but I'm following a lot of stuff like Berserk, Dragon Ball Super, Eden's Zero, Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest, and Attack on Titan.
    https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/game-of-thrones-why-jon-snow-is-the-true-heir-over-daenerys-targaryen-kit-harington-emilia-clarke.jpg

I'm reading Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san, Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama, Grand Blue, Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon, and Yuru Camp. I was reading Kakegurui but I haven't done anything with that in awhile.

ミスドは聖地じゃ

Comment

I've tried out a few things since my last post. But, I started Black Clover last night and have been reading it for a while. People who say it's a Naruto rip-off clearly haven't read past the first couple chapters, the similarities basically end there. Character wise, Asta does follow the typical shonen route, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't know why people critique this series about it and not MHA. But I love MHA, anyways. Black Clover, clearly not in it enough to give a full opinion as it could fall apart for me, but I doubt it as things are going right now. I'm actually enjoying it so far. Asta is a bit over the top and from what I've heard, it's a good choice that I'm doing the manga instead of the anime.
      https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/game-of-thrones-why-jon-snow-is-the-true-heir-over-daenerys-targaryen-kit-harington-emilia-clarke.jpg

Comment

Dr. Stone

Comment

The various Baki manga out there have caught my interest as of late.

Retribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny View Post
            I've tried out a few things since my last post. But, I started Black Clover last night and have been reading it for a while. People who say it's a Naruto rip-off clearly haven't read past the first couple chapters, the similarities basically end there. Character wise, Asta does follow the typical shonen route, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't know why people critique this series about it and not MHA. But I love MHA, anyways. Black Clover, clearly not in it enough to give a full opinion as it could fall apart for me, but I doubt it as things are going right now. I'm actually enjoying it so far. Asta is a bit over the top and from what I've heard, it's a good choice that I'm doing the manga instead of the anime.

That's just the first episode...

I just couldn't care about it, it does nothing interesting I found, watched like 16 episodes or something and the only thing that was cool was the relationship between Asta and Yuno but the latter is barely in it. Every character is pretty one dimensional.
            While not much more can be said for MHA's characters the way they develop interests me way more, it's cool how everyone has just one specific ability. They can't just punch rocks over and over and become hyper strong, they have to figure out new ways to use their powers to be better heroes.
            That and they're funnier. Plus the visuals. Black Clover looks super plain to me.

As for what I'm reading...er...nothing but I am getting in the mood to do so. Me and my gf are interested in watching Monster but as a 74 episode committent, might just read the manga. I hear nothing but praise for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I just couldn't care about it, it does nothing interesting I found, watched like 16 episodes or something and the only thing that was cool was the relationship between Asta and Yuno but the latter is barely in it. Every character is pretty one dimensional.
              While not much more can be said for MHA's characters the way they develop interests me way more, it's cool how everyone has just one specific ability. They can't just punch rocks over and over and become hyper strong, they have to figure out new ways to use their powers to be better heroes.
              That and they're funnier. Plus the visuals. Black Clover looks super plain to me.

As for what I'm reading...er...nothing but I am getting in the mood to do so. Me and my gf are interested in watching Monster but as a 74 episode committent, might just read the manga. I hear nothing but praise for it.
              Monster is good, and the anime is definitely worth a watch. It has one of the best stories I've seen in an anime.
              By no means the manga is bad, but the anime has so much love put into it, and it shows. The only problem Monster has, though, is the horrible and insanely slow pacing. An episode feels like two or three, but again, it's probably for the best as it needs a slow pace for it to develop its cast and world-building, it also forces you to think through.

As for the topic, I'm reading Kimetsu no Yaiba. The show is getting an anime in a few days so there's that, but from what I saw, the anime looks promising. It fixes the somewhat unrefined art the manga has.

And I follow things like Berserk, Vinland Saga, Dr. Stone, JoJo, One Piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Actually just started the anime yesterday since I got all caught up with the manga, watching the dub though. Only 16 episodes? I'm about that far right now and it seems most of the animes episode or about half up to this point have been filler. Haven't really seen too many characters yet in the anime so I can understand your conclusion a bit, but I couldn't disagree with you more about them. The characters in this series are great.

Comment

Black Clover. So far it's decent, but not really on the level of say, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist..etc.

Comment

Attack on Titan: Before the Fall, a spin off that adds a bit of goodness to the original story. It ended in March but hasn't been fully translated yet.

Retribution.

Comment

Naruto. Almost 50 chapters in

Comment

Working...
                      X