Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come vegeta got so strong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come vegeta got so strong

Hello ppl

i rewatched dbz and i just realised that right after ginyu was dealt with. Vegeta took a nap. He went from below recoom level to fckin frieza level and all without any kind of zenkai.

Thats insane

So what do you think about this? Is this too this "saiyans keep getting strong during the fight thibg or what"?

He must have been half conscious beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Pointer View Post
      Hello ppl

i rewatched dbz and i just realised that right after ginyu was dealt with. Vegeta took a nap. He went from below recoom level to fckin frieza level and all without any kind of zenkai.

Thats insane

So what do you think about this? Is this too this "saiyans keep getting strong during the fight thibg or what"?
      No, he had a zenkay after Reecoome nearly killed him when Goku gave him a senzu.
      He was already clearly above the special forces when Goku was fighting Jeice & Burter, because unlike them Vegeta could follow Goku's movements.

It certainly was one of the biggest zenkais in the series, but still a zenkai.

Comment

Ki is a more abstract and fluid thing than people give it credit for, and factors like mental clarity and physical condition are a big part of it. It's quite possible that despite reaping multiple healing boosts, Vegeta still wasn't actually operating at his full potential because of fatigue. Something that required some actual sleep instead of just an energy boost from a senzu.
        Last edited by Kaboom; 14-08-2019, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaboom View Post
          Ki is a more abstract and fluid thing than people give it credit for, and factors like mental clarity and physical condition are a big part of it. It's quite possible that despite reaping multiple healing boosts, Vegeta still wasn't actually operating at his full potential because of fatigue. Something that required some actual sleep instead of just an energy boost from a senzu.
          That is indeed a very good observation. Ki being influenced by one's mental strength is a stated fact (and the basis for the whole SSJ forms evolution) and Vegeta himself admitted that he had spend various days without sleeping (that's why he took a nap and Gohan could steal the dragon balls in the first place).
          I never gave any attention to that nap besides it being an excuse for the DB to be stolen from him but what you say actually makes much, much more sense than the random "Toriyama simply retconned his strength after the fight against Jeice" explanation of mine.

Regards!

Comment

It's fair to say that if Vegeta was 4 when he fought Recoom (8) he'd be 16 after the Senzu and 32 after sleep. With how easily he disposed of Jeice (arguably stronger than Recoom) this seems a fair assessment.

Comment

Couldn't Vegeta have at least rested a few hours during the intermission when he was protecting his stash of Dragon Balls from Krillin and Gohan? Suppressed or not, the Earth pair would have needed to approach Vegeta's location directly to retrieve the Dragon Balls and the man has probably conditioned himself to be on the alert and ready for attack even while sleeping (the incident later with Porunga being a result of his not anticipating the group absconding with the Dragon Balls and making their own wishes for some reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Emmeth View Post
                It's fair to say that if Vegeta was 4 when he fought Recoom (8) he'd be 16 after the Senzu and 32 after sleep. With how easily he disposed of Jeice (arguably stronger than Recoom) this seems a fair assessment.
                Though I understand (and share) your genral idea, in DB terms 8 vs 4 means the one with 4 can't do any damage to the one with 8 (except surprise attacks which can break this rule).
                I would say that Vegeta was 7 when he fought Reecome, he used a strength of 9-10 to defeat Jeice (he could be fighting below his maximum strength since he was much stronger) and then at least a strength of 50-60 when he fought Freezer.

Originally posted by [B
                Thiln[/B]]Couldn't Vegeta have at least rested a few hours during the intermission when he was protecting his stash of Dragon Balls from Krillin and Gohan? Suppressed or not, the Earth pair would have needed to approach Vegeta's location directly to retrieve the Dragon Balls and the man has probably conditioned himself to be on the alert and ready for attack even while sleeping (the incident later with Porunga being a result of his not anticipating the group absconding with the Dragon Balls and making their own wishes for some reason).
                Well, considering that the moment he let his guard off Gohan stole all the Dragon Balls and used them without his permision his decision of not sleeping seems very justified to me.
                When seen in perspective, yes, resting a bit would've probably helped him quite a bit, but Vegeta didn't know Freezer was waiting for the Special Forces and he knew that the earthlings had a dragon ball radar and could find the DB no matter how well hidden they may be.

Comment

Working...
                X