Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sub or Dub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub or Dub?

Which version of Dragon Ball Z do you prefer, subtitled or dubbed? And if dubbed, which dub?

Bonus question: The same question(s) for Dragon Ball.

Japanese subbed, because Z's English dub is and always has been infamously garbage. Dragon Ball's dub is slightly improved over Z's (mainly because they didn't try so hard to "reversion" it), but that's not saying much. It's still better in Japanese. GT's dub is also awful in many of the same ways as Z's.

The only DB series worth watching in Funimation-dubbed form is Kai.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaboom View Post
      Japanese subbed, because Z's English dub is and always has been infamously garbage. Dragon Ball's dub is slightly improved over Z's (mainly because they didn't try so hard to "reversion" it), but that's not saying much. It's still better in Japanese. GT's dub is also awful in many of the same ways as Z's.

The only DB series worth watching in Funimation-dubbed form is Kai.
      I agree here, but I'd like to add that I prefer the english Funimation dub of Dragon Ball over the sub.

Comment

Depends on the dub. My country's own is pretty trash in general, but many of the voices are nice. They've learned their lesson and gotten better with Super, though many of the series' past great voices have either left or died.

For english, I much prefer the Ocean Dub cast. There are considerably more seasoned and experienced VAs there.

But I'll always take the original over any dub. It is the original, after all.

Comment

I prefer the original FUNimation dub since it's what I grew up with and what I'm used to. I do want to give the Kai sub a try though. I didn't like the Kai dub.

Comment

Working...
          X