Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite story arc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite story arc?

In all of the series, Super and GT included, what is your favorite story arc? Manga wise I'd say Cell arc and anime wise I'd say Frieza arc. I do like many of the arcs relatively the same in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z though.

I have fond memories of the Cell arc, being the first one I watched and the one that introduced me to the series.

Both fights between Cell and Piccolo were the first episodes I ever saw of DBZ.

Which is what led me to buy the manga, and of course, I bought the volume Cell debuts in first.

Reaper? A label created by the Protheans to give voice to their destruction.
    In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant. We simply... are. We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite.
    Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.

Comment

Red Ribbon

Comment

Namek arc. Where I was first introduced to the world of DBZ and immediately loved it.

Comment

I'll put it into 4 categories:

Dragon Ball
          Click image for larger version  Name:	dcl5waf-e8fe4728-e63e-4ac6-8421-3d6507dcd9b9.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzg Views:	0 Size:	236.8 KB ID:	6054
          I always loved the tournaments but ultimately I love the episodes where Goku is on a genuine adventure more. The Red Ribbon Army arc is definitely fraught with great adventurous episodes and fights which makes it a really fun read or watch.

Dragon Ball Z
          Click image for larger version  Name:	323?cb=20160410144508.png Views:	0 Size:	381.1 KB ID:	6056
          This is a more difficult decision but ultimately I have to go for the Boo arc for many of the same reasons I gave above about the Red Ribbon arc. Yes it's less sound when it comes to plot, but I think it's more humorous and has more entertaining fights generally. It also happens to have my favorite Super Saiyan transformation in Super Saiyan 3.

Dragon Ball Super
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Dragon-Ball-Super-Tournament-of-Power-Poster.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	6057

The one I had the most fun watching was the Tournament of Power arc. We had never seen a battle royale quite like this in the franchise before and it added some unique situation for our heroes. This is also the tournament with the most amazing transformations in terms of graphical quality, which obviously includes UI. I also love the commentary from the attendants, especially Beerus and Whis' interjections. It also includes my favorite villain Freeza in an unusual position.

Dragon Ball GT
          Click image for larger version  Name:	hqdefault.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	6058
          The Baby Saga is easiest the best arc in GT from a technical standpoint, but once again I need to emphasize adventure as my criteria for what I like in a show. I'm not talking about the Black Star Dragonball Saga, although I dislike it less than most DB fans. No, I'm talking about the Shadow Dragon Saga. Even though it's relatively short it's actually a pretty fun arc to follow as Goku goes on an adventure to collect the dragonballs once again, this time with his grand-daughter Pan. I love that they are tested for each Dragonball instead of just finding it with a Dragon Radar, which culminates in a huge fight for the Universe with the ultimate Dragonball being Omega Shenron. I think it also has the best ending on any Dragon Ball show so far, so there's that.
          Last edited by Emmeth; 20-06-2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

For me it's gotta be the Freeza arc. As far as DBZ goes the level of resourcefulness, suspense, deception... underhanded tactics, things of that sort? It's never really matched again.

Comment

For me it's the Frieza arc, it's what got me into DBZ. As a matter of fact, I first watched it on the very Episode where Goku first went Super Saiyajin, so that was an awesome start, then I went back and watched it from the start, and I've been hooked ever since.

Comment

Working...
              X