Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Saiyan Saga Vegeta landed in Naruto world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Saiyan Saga Vegeta landed in Naruto world

All the ninjas in the world would fare about as well as these "gods" did vs Lucifer in Supernatural. Prove me wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E5IyWu7DB4

All at once, and in character? There's a chance Vegeta would get carried away and let the God tiers of Naruto do some major damage possibly. But they are all still kinda powerless if he's serious or goes Oozaru.

Comment

Vegeta gets cocky and gets himself killed, either put under a genjutsu or some other jutsu that bypasses his pure strength. The issue with your example assumes that the ninja are going to play fair and honorable, Vegeta will certainly allow them to get as strong as possible or set up whatever they need (He let Cell do it once he prayed upon his ego, and I wouldn't put it past the ninja to do the same to score one in, especially if he proved himself beforehand). The ninjas on the other hand, many are perfectly willing to kill someone in their sleep, and if Goku can get downed from a space glock just by letting down his guard, Vegeta will probably go through a lot worse if he does the same.
      Last edited by Tinny; 24-03-2019, 01:15 AM.

Signature and Avatar by NinjaSushi

Comment

Not all Genjutsu work though, only the ones that uses a variant that isn't depending on the use of manipulating Chakra in the person's head would work. And I doubt he'll let them get as strong as possible or plan anything foe prolong time. He waited less than 5 hours for Goku to arrive before he changed his mind and knowing Naruto cast, they nees intel on what unknown enemies can do before they charge in head strong. The only ones who can do anything are Kaguya, Naruto, Sasuke, and Kakashi and even then, they might not be able to keep up or hurt him since he's faster and more durable (outside of the TSO and Kaguya's bone jutsu since they apparently ignore durability).

Comment

There's no way Vegeta would win, as said he's too cocky.

He'd find some strong people and have fun with them, the second his scouter comes off he's boned because he won't realize how strong some of the top tier characters are.
          That and your level of chakra doesn't really define how strong your techniques are, so he's just going to underestimate them.

In any case, Rikudo Naruto is around light speed level at least, there is no way in hell Vegeta is even close to that, Gudodama atomise anything they touch even down to the soul. Vegeta dies.
          Failing that there's a multitude of techniques that would kill him before he even realized, like Mei's acid mist or any decent poison techniques.

Heck even Tsunade could win if he lets her get that move she used on Kabuto in. I feel given her volume of chakra and her regen he'd probably assume she's really strong and want a fight. Something as simple as that would render him useless and it's all to do with the body rather than chakra so any Ki =/= Chakra arguments don't work there.

He really can't win if he fights the entire cast at once. Even if he blasts them Sasuke just warps him in to his own attack or Minato warps it back at him, or anyone else with similar space time ninjutsu.

Comment

• Elite Saiyan
            Elite Saiyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Raditz with his 1,500 power level was faster than the speed of light. Vegeta's power level was 18,000 in the saiyan saga. If the scaling is pound for pound, Vegeta should be able to move at 12 times the speed of light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLo8vvOqIZM&t=101s

Go to the 1:30 mark. Piccolo says Raditz is faster than the speed of light.

Elite Saiyan​​​​​​, that's the dub material, and the English dub of a show written in Japanese holds about as much weight as a Vietnamese dub (that is to say, none as it's effectively a seperate work, unless Goku's personality now mirrors that of Superman). What does the original manga say (I imagine someone would've brought up those scans by now)? And even then, if Raditz is that fast, then I question how exactly this fits in with Gotenks?

More specifically as I recall, Gotenks has at max from translations went at "several dozen times" but I've also heard that it was just "several times." And remember this is Gotenks who likes to exaggerate so... Why is he boasting about doing soemthing a weakling like Raditz can do better? Gotenks as I recall took about 29 minutes with that nap, being the speed of light, you can lap the globe 7.5 times in a single second. He had 29 minutes and even at the maximum, he only circled the globe at most "several dozen times" (and this scan claims "few" which is even less, but I"ll ignore that for this post) when if he's that much faster than light, (and again, you're trying to scale Vegeta to be 12 times the speed of light).

A few dozen, let's say for the sake of argument that's 100 times, this is a deliberate overestimation of what several dozen can mean (a more sensible amount would be 30), given most would just say "a hundred" at that point.

60 seconds in a minute, 30 minutes in a half hour, let's say he only flew for exactly one minute and spent the rest of the time napping, again for the sake of the argument.

7.5*60=450
          450-100=350

So Gotenks here still seems extremely slow compared to light. Of which you're saying Vegeta is twelve times the speed of light, so let's do that one.
          7.5*12*60=5400

And this is a deliberate overestimation of how many times Gotenks, who could speed blitz Raditz and Saiyan Saga Vegeta,

By your calculations and my deliberate overestimation of what Gotenks did (and just listen to Gotenks, he clearly thinks this is impressive), Saiyan Saga base Vegeta is now 54 times faster than Super Saiyan Gotenks.
          I think we both know how absurd a claim that is, especially considering several times or several dozen times is likely smaller than a hundred, and once again, he uses that speed as proof of his strength. As in this is supposed to be way faster than anything Piccolo can do, and good enough proof he can take on Buu.

Light speed Raditz is utterly impossible and illogical.
          Last edited by Tinny; 30-03-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Elite Saiyan
            Elite Saiyan commented
            Editing a comment
            You make it sound as if its laughable. Tell me, is a super Saiyan vastly more powerful than some Yardrat? Yes? Now tell me, who would win in a race from earth to the planet Yardrat, a super Saiyan with massively more power, or the weakly yardrat and his instant transmission. Make a thread about that and see how laughable it is then. We dont know if Raditz knew some Saiyan Move that enables light speed movement, and Gotenks simply didnt know it.

Now then https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017...ng-agreements/

Here we see Toei Animation legally licensed the English dub to Funimation. Now I dont know what the heck happened with your "Vietnamese dub" and whether its licensed or not, but since the English dub is licensed to Funimation, That means its sanction by Toei Animation, which makes it canon. This isnt some fan fic, the English dub is an official release, and due to the License, Funimations English dub is legally no different than if it had come from Toei Animation directly.
            Last edited by Elite Saiyan; 01-04-2019, 06:06 AM.

• Tinny
            Tinny commented
            Editing a comment
            Being a legal dub does not mean it is not an adaptation of an existing work, any more than Disney having the rights to Iron Man make the movie representative of the comic character or the live action netflix FMA film representative of the anime or manga.

As for that, you realize Instant Transmission is a technique that teleports, not a speed boost, right? The Yardat is still slower. But if you insist, make your case here https://dbzf.co.uk/forum/dragon-ball...vs-raditz-race if you're so certain gotenks is slower.

• Elite Saiyan
            Elite Saiyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Id agree with you if that specific part of dub was contradicted by the manga, however nothing in the manga contradicts raditz moving at light speed. We also dont know whether Gotenks was moving at his maximum speed. He doesn't need his maximum to show off.

And regarding Gotenks feat, Fusion's stability depends on how much power being utilized too. The more Ki consuming forms or abilities you use the less time to remained fused. And tiring forms like an untrained Super Saiyan 3 is shown to have no stamina fall backs as long as the person's a fused being.

Gotenks used the bulk of his energy which transferred to his time limit, which should be less than 30 minutes, considering Super Saiyan isn't Gotenks default state, to fly around earth at faster than light speeds.

Goku in the Saiyan saga didn't have a big enough Ki reserve to fly constantly at that speed when he went to fight Nappa and Vegeta so he relied on the Nimbus cloud even though it's slower.

And on Namek, Goku flee half way across the planet in the split moment were Frieza was less than seconds from killing Vegeta.

Long distance travel speed consistency is only massive hypersonic because utilzing that type of speed for traveling saves a majority of the person's Ki reserves for them to actually do battle with. Going faster than light in short bursts is safer since you're not trying to burn through your Ki at a constant linear path.

Comment

There's absolutely no way Gotenks is slower than Raditz, let alone many times slower

Comment

• Elite Saiyan
              Elite Saiyan commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, the logical answer is that Gotenks simply wasn't moving at his maximum speed. He doesn't need it to show off.

Disregarding Gotenks, it still makes Kamicollo hella slow if Gotenks did all of his circling the world super fast and then it took him so long to find him that he had no time left to fight at all. Either way someone comes out looking slow.

Comment

And don't forget that this was supposed to be impressive, to Piccolo if no one else, and he's presumably far beyond Raditz and Saiyan Saga Vegeta at this point in time.

Comment

• Elite Saiyan
                Elite Saiyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Piccolos special beam canon in the Japanese manga and anime is called

かん

こう

さっ

ぽう
                Makankōsappō, literally "Demon's Penetrating Killing Light Gun" Its also referred to as a "laser" If these statements are correct, that makes the attack move at light speed, since a laser is in fact light. Thus Raditz avoiding an attack like that is proof of his light speed movement.

Gotenks was literally having fun with his newfound super strength, why would he go slower than by these silly calculations, than like Videl on her first flight?

The light speed thing doesn't hold any weight what so ever.
              There's also the Instant Transmission think, Goku travels to Roshi's using it and everyone is shocked even though it's 10,000KM away IIRC, which is literally nothing to light speed.
              And that's Android Saga where everyone has ascended wayyy beyond freaking Raditz, they could fall over and travel that distance yet they're absolutely shocked.

"He's faster than light!" is hyperbole. Frequently in my life I have said "I'll be down in a flash" and yet I can't move the speed of light, I am merely referencing I will be moving fast.
              Unless there's stated or reasonably calculable distances then any calculations are ridiculous, let alone vague statements.
              Since when is Piccolo a supercomputer that can perfectly calculate the speed of light? Does he even know what it is?

Piccolo is quite literally 9 years old at that point and while intelligent, hardly a scientist.

Comment

• Elite Saiyan
                Elite Saiyan commented
                Editing a comment
                You and steve make a good point, but the counter is, why wouldn't piccolo know what light speed is? I am not a physicist and i know what it is. Also didnt piccolo gain much of the knowledge king piccolo had? And he was centuries old.
                Last edited by Elite Saiyan; 03-04-2019, 11:23 PM.

• Tinny
                Tinny commented
                Editing a comment
                We just said, he's a demon wizard hermit, why would he know what light speed is? In what way is it suggested that the child of the demons, who seems to live in isolation, would know what the speed of light is?

You on the other hand are a battleboarder who probably is gonna look up the speed of light at some point because it enters into many arguments at multiple points. You have frankly far more reason to research the speed of light, than Piccolo ever will.

Also why would King Piccolo take time to learn about space travel? Or physics? It's not impossible, but it's also very possible he never learned this either, so I'm not sure why Demon King Piccolo's age would factor into this. Hell, the average person doesn't know what light speed is aside from "Very very fast" that's why so many people skip from the speed of sound to the speed of light, despite the incredibly wide gulf between them.

• Elite Saiyan
                Elite Saiyan commented
                Editing a comment
                When Goku was a teenager, he outraced the Taiyoken, or Solar Flare technique. Tenshinhan created a burst of AOE light that blinds all opponents. Goku outraced it a short distance and stole Master Roshi's sunglasses, in order to shield himself, and then strike Tenshinhan before the light had even dissipated. That makes teen Goku lightspeed. Teenage Goku only had a power level of around <200.

This was in the Original Japanese Anime, and if im not mistaken, also in the original Japanese manga.

Also, anyone ever wonder why when Piccolo blew up the moon, his beam only took around 2 seconds to get to the moon and blow it up? Because thats roughly about how long it takes light to go from the earth to the moon.

Instant Transmission doesn't even use that much Ki to use, so it being mistakened for "super speed" is pretty logical cause its the first time they witnessed it. Using their own power to fly at that speed isn't practical since it uses a lot of Ki to do so.

Gotenks was able to bypass this since he's a fusion and since fatigue seems to be transferred to the time limit instead, flying at those speed is tolerable stamina wise, but doing so sacrifices a majority of your time instead, which is also impractical.

Piccolo destroyed the moon and it was a relatively quick endeavor, in either source.

Manga: 1 panel, near-instantaneously.

Anime: Just a few seconds.

Gotenks has a similar standing.

Manga: 1 panel, near-instantaneously.

Anime: Just a few seconds.

Now we could claim it took 29 minutes, but we don't even know how long his fusion actually lasted. So even factoring 30 minutes into the problem isn't correct since transformations lower the time limit. We have his feat, and we know expelling Ki in a flashy manner uses up lots of Ki and stamina.​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X