Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raimiverse Venom VS SUMC Venom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Raimiverse Venom VS SUMC Venom

    The Venom from Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 against the Venom from the 2018 movie belonging to Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters, and yes that's what they're calling it.

    Raimiverse Venom RT
    SUMC Venom RT

    VS
    Bear?


    The King of Bears!

  • #2
    I favor the Raimi Venom. Sony Venom has better choreography and regeneration feats, but his strength and speed don't stack up due to Raimi Venom scaling to Rami Spider-Man

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd say Sony's, even if you scale from Raimi Spider-Man Raimi Venom still doesn't have amazing durability, I doubt he could easily tank heaps of gunshots if New Goblins blades easily slice him up.
      I don't recall a time where he was ever directly shot and shrugged it off, he did fight the police but it looked like he was moving around too fast for them to hit him.

      I think more than just Sony Venom's raw strength he clearly has a lot of weight behind him so his punches are probably going to be harder than he looks, this extends to Riot who he kicks about as seen in the RT there.


      I can't see any justification for Raimi Venom winning, he's probably got speed but SV has pretty great reflexes anyway. Other than that RV doesn't have the offence to take him out like...what would he do? Punching him would do nothing and Raimi Eddie didn't seem smart enough to use the Symbiote's weaknesses, he didn't even seem to know about them really.
      So that's entirely out of his favour as both Eddie and Venom from Sony know exactly how they work and I'd say SV is more resistant to said weaknesses too, considering he was in that massive explosion and lived.

      Also in terms of mass there didn't seem to be as much surrounding Raimi Eddie, I don't think it'd be that hard to just rip Venom off him and fatally injure him, rendering Venom useless in the process.
      Same can't be said for SV since he gets stabbed through the body multiple times and regens from dozens of severe injuries.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I'd say Sony's, even if you scale from Raimi Spider-Man Raimi Venom still doesn't have amazing durability, I doubt he could easily tank heaps of gunshots if New Goblins blades easily slice him up.
        I don't recall a time where he was ever directly shot and shrugged it off, he did fight the police but it looked like he was moving around too fast for them to hit him.

        I think more than just Sony Venom's raw strength he clearly has a lot of weight behind him so his punches are probably going to be harder than he looks, this extends to Riot who he kicks about as seen in the RT there.


        I can't see any justification for Raimi Venom winning, he's probably got speed but SV has pretty great reflexes anyway. Other than that RV doesn't have the offence to take him out like...what would he do? Punching him would do nothing and Raimi Eddie didn't seem smart enough to use the Symbiote's weaknesses, he didn't even seem to know about them really.
        So that's entirely out of his favour as both Eddie and Venom from Sony know exactly how they work and I'd say SV is more resistant to said weaknesses too, considering he was in that massive explosion and lived.

        Also in terms of mass there didn't seem to be as much surrounding Raimi Eddie, I don't think it'd be that hard to just rip Venom off him and fatally injure him, rendering Venom useless in the process.
        Same can't be said for SV since he gets stabbed through the body multiple times and regens from dozens of severe injuries.
        The Goblin's blades could slice through metal pipes, weak slicers they are not.

        Sony Venom is weightier but this does not make him stronger. Thanks to better choreography and CGI in his movie he does LOOK stronger, but he doesn't do anything that Raimi Venom couldn't match. Ultimately his best stuff is surviving being slammed through grating by Riot, who was his clear physical superior. Raimi Venom on the other hand can be compared to all the stuff that Raimi Spider-Man does, like smashing through the sides of armored cars and stuff like that without any issue.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lazerbem View Post
          The Goblin's blades could slice through metal pipes, weak slicers they are not.
          Not weak but still basically no bullet could harm Venom, I don't believe Raimi Spider-Man or Venom ever shrugged off a bullet. Sony Venom doesn't even seem to feel them.

          Originally posted by lazerbem View Post
          Sony Venom is weightier but this does not make him stronger. Thanks to better choreography and CGI in his movie he does LOOK stronger, but he doesn't do anything that Raimi Venom couldn't match. Ultimately his best stuff is surviving being slammed through grating by Riot, who was his clear physical superior. Raimi Venom on the other hand can be compared to all the stuff that Raimi Spider-Man does, like smashing through the sides of armored cars and stuff like that without any issue.
          But even then Spider-Man doesn't have that many amazingly powerful combat feats, most of the time his strength was showcased it was lifting things or holding on to the train which seems to be more a feat of his web than strength considering he struggled to hold up that...whatever you call it in the first movie, though it did have children in it.
          I don't see him being that far ahead really.

          And with this Venom's extra weight and durability he can afford to punch much harder without threat of injuring himself, even if his muscular strength might not be quite as high.
          Like a muscleman verses a regular dude with a metal glove, the regular dude technically can't punch as hard but he's still going to do a lot of damage.


          Still don't really see how Raimi Venom wins, the only category he easily wins in is speed but against a tank that's not enough.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Steve View Post

            Not weak but still basically no bullet could harm Venom, I don't believe Raimi Spider-Man or Venom ever shrugged off a bullet. Sony Venom doesn't even seem to feel them.



            But even then Spider-Man doesn't have that many amazingly powerful combat feats, most of the time his strength was showcased it was lifting things or holding on to the train which seems to be more a feat of his web than strength considering he struggled to hold up that...whatever you call it in the first movie, though it did have children in it.
            I don't see him being that far ahead really.

            And with this Venom's extra weight and durability he can afford to punch much harder without threat of injuring himself, even if his muscular strength might not be quite as high.
            Like a muscleman verses a regular dude with a metal glove, the regular dude technically can't punch as hard but he's still going to do a lot of damage.


            Still don't really see how Raimi Venom wins, the only category he easily wins in is speed but against a tank that's not enough.
            Sony Venom shrugs off bullets because he regenerates, that's it. It's no different than Raimi Venom regenerating his slashed open arms.

            Lifting up a cable car is still more than anything Sony Venom ever did though, and Raimi Venom is stronger than that.

            It's not like a muscleman vs a regular dude with a metal glove, it's more like a muscle man vs a guy who can heal but that's it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lazerbem View Post
              Lifting up a cable car is still more than anything Sony Venom ever did though, and Raimi Venom is stronger than that.

              It's not like a muscleman vs a regular dude with a metal glove, it's more like a muscle man vs a guy who can heal but that's it.
              Clearly not by much considering how much of a fight Spider-Man puts up against him and just because SV never did that doesn't mean he's weak, his regen is still far superior so how does RV even seal the deal?
              Healing a couple of gashes on your forearm is nothing compared to being stabbed through the body in multiple areas.
              More to the point Eddies body under Venom is vulnerable there, you can see the human blood. Whereas Eddie in Sony's Venom seems pretty much immortal while transformed, those stabs from Riot should easily have killed Eddie.

              So what happens if SV just stabs RV through the heart with something? He's not so tough that he could resist SV's strength on that level.
              Whereas almost nothing RV does to SV would do anything, it'd probably have to be a headshot and SV's reflexes are great.

              Raimi Venom doesn't have the necessary offence or combat ability, he only beat Spider-Man with the strength advantage otherwise he seems like a shit fighter, certainly not a smart one and again he's unaware of the weaknesses he has.

              Comment


              • #8
                In fairness, Eddie for sure got stabbed through his heart in the 2018 movie and the symbiote healed him from that in like a few seconds. It seems like you'd have to do major damage to the host to actually get rid of them both. In Raimiverse Venom's defense, the symbiote by the end was for whatever reason getting ready to take on Spidey without a host, instead of just being a slightly more mobile jellyfish like the 2018 symbiotes are.

                I'd also like to add that the symbiote's sound weakness seemed extremely worse in Spider-Man 3. Just the sound of metal bars falling was making the symbiote freak out, whereas with Sony Venom it took considerably higher frequencies. Since Raimiverse Venom isn't the smartest he likely won't try to exploit his own weakness against a similar foe. SUMC Venom, on the other hand...
                Bear?


                The King of Bears!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah Raimi Venom certainly seemed to be sentient but it didn't seem to be smart like Sony Venom.

                  I mean if nothing else Venom and Eddie could find some method of producing sound enough to mess Raimi Venom up and then Venom could just split from Eddie for a while so that he can immobilize Raimi Venom.
                  They could easily work together like that and it'd be their best option.

                  To be completely fair on the weakness side of things, Spider-Man 3 IIRC never really showed Venom having a weakness to fire so arguably you could consider that off the table but fire would still surely be effective at damaging him or even just explosions.


                  But sound is obviously viable and if the symbiote splits from Raimi Eddie then they can quite easily kill his pasty white ass and Venom has no host, FATALITY.
                  Unless we're saying Topher Grace can beat Tom Hardy in a fight...not convinced.
                  Heck they could probably split Raimi Venom from Eddie and then just stand at a distance and pierce him with a tendril. RV has web but it's clearly no good for offence.

                  Or Sony Venom could then swap Eddie's for a while and just eat him.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X