Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Buu vs Kid Buu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Super Buu vs Kid Buu

    Who wins?

  • #2
    Original manga run: Super Buu one shots.

    Super's interjection: Kid Buu one shots.

    Comment


    • #3
      Who said that Kid Buu stomps in Super?

      Comment


      • #4
        The Super anime and manga take place using the Kai version of Dragon Ball Z, which has Kid Buu as the strongest Buu by Goku himself, Kibito Kaioshin and the Narrator, this was continued into Super as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          We still doin' this?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
            The Super anime and manga take place using the Kai version of Dragon Ball Z, which has Kid Buu as the strongest Buu by Goku himself, Kibito Kaioshin and the Narrator, this was continued into Super as well.
            Super manga follows Kai anime?

            Comment


            • #7
              I believe so, since it's basically an adaption of the anime's take on Super.

              Comment


              • #8
                The manga is not just an adaptation of the anime. Toyotaro and toei update each other with upcoming information on the general story but I think that’s it. They are both their own takes on toriyamas outline

                Comment


                • #9
                  Manga: Evil Boo stomps.
                  Anime: Pure Boo stomps.
                  Super: Evil Boo stomps.

                  So, Evil Boo wins in everything except Z's anime.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kingslayer96 View Post
                    The manga is not just an adaptation of the anime. Toyotaro and toei update each other with upcoming information on the general story but I think that’s it. They are both their own takes on toriyamas outline
                    While part of that is mostly true, the anime of Super is the one that takes the most precedence. But it doesn't really matter to me too much, I personally just use the anime for the anime and manga for the manga (and sometimes the anime).

                    But this doesn't alter my opinion on the outcome of this battle though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why would the anime take the most precedence though? I can see the anime taking precedence because that’s the way most people watch and discuss Super. But for a long time the general rule of thumb is that the level toriyama’s involvement in something determined how much precedence is has. Toyotaro and toriyama team up on the manga a lot. Toriyama gives toyotaro the outline, he gives him back a story board, toriyama edits it. Meanwhile he doesn’t touch the anime except for movies. So you could actually argue the manga takes precedence over the anime

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Eh, Toriyama's participation in the manga and anime is about the same. The movies are about the only thing he's done the most. In any case, I don't think Super should ever be used to help support DBZ fight discussions. Its inconsistent material that came years after the original material.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
                          I believe so, since it's basically an adaption of the anime's take on Super.
                          No, it follows the original manga. It's just an anime version of the continuation of Toriyama's story.

                          1. Kai shows the filler version of Hell that isn't ever shown in Super, and the depiction of Freeza's time in hell in Super and Kai completely contradict each other. According to Kai, he was just hanging out with everyone else. In Super, he was in a totally different hell
                          2. Kai opens with the episode of Bardock, but Super and the movie follows DB Minus instead. AKA it follows Toriyama's version of the events, not Toei's version.
                          3. Gohan meets up with the same robbers that appear in a manga scene, but never appear in the Kai anime.

                          With the exception being Gregory stilll being there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PF18 View Post

                            No, it follows the original manga. It's just an anime version of the continuation of Toriyama's story.

                            1. Kai shows the filler version of Hell that isn't ever shown in Super, and the depiction of Freeza's time in hell in Super and Kai completely contradict each other. According to Kai, he was just hanging out with everyone else. In Super, he was in a totally different hell
                            2. Kai opens with the episode of Bardock, but Super and the movie follows DB Minus instead. AKA it follows Toriyama's version of the events, not Toei's version.
                            3. Gohan meets up with the same robbers that appear in a manga scene, but never appear in the Kai anime.

                            With the exception being Gregory stilll being there.
                            True, but the footage in the beginning of Super is taken from Kai, which implies it's following Kai and not the manga. Sure there's implications, but those are simply retcons. If it was following the manga, Gregory shouldn't be there and neither should the logic of Goku being "The strongest" since he "defeated Kid Buu".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post

                              True, but the footage in the beginning of Super is taken from Kai, which implies it's following Kai and not the manga. Sure there's implications, but those are simply retcons. If it was following the manga, Gregory shouldn't be there and neither should the logic of Goku being "The strongest" since he "defeated Kid Buu".
                              Referencing Kai isn't implying that it follows Kai, it is referencing a scene from the same medium. It isn't going to show the manga panel version on screen, that doesn't make sense.

                              Where does it say in Super that he's the strongest since he defeated Kid Buu? I don't think it ever says that.

                              Besides, this entire idea that this was a continuation of Toriyama's story, with the manga just being promotional for the anime, wouldn't make sense if it didn't even follow the manga.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X