Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Frieza keep up with Goku?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Frieza keep up with Goku?

This is a question that has baffled me ever since the reveal that Frieza never trained to be as strong as he is. I will concede that other factors that go into combat but Frieza should not able to fight Goku in the Frieza saga. With that said however, how can Frieza fight on par with Goku or even keep up with him? Or was Frieza being figurative when he said he never trained?

I suspect Freeza must have at least engaged in some casual physical exercises. After all, he does reference to Goku that he was the first since his father to successfully land dust on his person. If Freeza wasn't engaging in any exercise whatsoever then it seems likely that his muscles and limbs would atrophy due to lack of use, assuming his body works similar to humans and Saiyans in that regard.

Gohan was able to emit a power level of 710 at the age of 4 without any prior training or being fully enraged as we saw later on. His power astounded everyone around him, not to mention it exceeded what Earth's best fighters were capable of using outside of concentrated energy attacks. Since Freeza is supposed to be this mutant abomination of unknown age who likely grew up in radically different conditions than Goku or Gohan, I could believe his power level being monstrous.

Comment

Originally posted by G.G. View Post
      This is a question that has baffled me ever since the reveal that Frieza never trained to be as strong as he is. I will concede that other factors that go into combat but Frieza should not able to fight Goku in the Frieza saga. With that said however, how can Frieza fight on par with Goku or even keep up with him? Or was Frieza being figurative when he said he never trained?
      Freezer's claim that he had never trained was in fact something that wa already clearly established in Z, when his "100% form" forced his body to the point where he wasn't able to maintain his maximum strength for even a minute (something that wouldn't have happened had Freezer trained even a bit).
      Now, if with 0 training (which means a weakened body) Freezer was already much stronger than a SSJ (I don't think any FP SSJ ever surpassed Freezer's strength in Namek, except if we count Cell prior to his last Zenkay power), it's only logical that with a bit of training his power would multiply.

What actually bothers me is... will Toriyama and Toyotarou be coherent with Freezer's character? I mean, it seems they want to do so (Vegeta mentioned again that Freezer achieved such power in only 4 months, and in the Broly movie he was clearly above the SSJB level of power).
      What wouldn't make any sense is for Freezer to stop increasing his strength when he clearly doesn't have any reasons to stop training.

Originally posted by [B
      Thiln[/B]]I suspect Freeza must have at least engaged in some casual physical exercises. After all, he does reference to Goku that he was the first since his father to successfully land dust on his person. If Freeza wasn't engaging in any exercise whatsoever then it seems likely that his muscles and limbs would atrophy due to lack of use, assuming his body works similar to humans and Saiyans in that regard.
      But considering how he reacted to the KKx20 and when he said that about his father in the fight against Goku, I don't think his father could even fight Freezer's 50% of strength.
      Since his body was clearly not accostumed to fighting at 100% of his strength (in fact, it's commented that this was the first time Freezer had to use it against someone), the 0 training thing can still be true. I mean, I don't considere having to walk from home to work "training" and I'm sure I'm forcing my body more doing that than Freezer casually fighting someone at 50% of his maximum strenght (and until Namek, he spent most of the time in his most weakened form).
      Last edited by scouterSSJ; 28-10-2019, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scouterSSJ View Post

Freezer's claim that he had never trained was in fact something that wa already clearly established in Z, when his "100% form" forced his body to the point where he wasn't able to maintain his maximum strength for even a minute (something that wouldn't have happened had Freezer trained even a bit).
        Now, if with 0 training (which means a weakened body) Freezer was already much stronger than a SSJ (I don't think any FP SSJ ever surpassed Freezer's strength in Namek, except if we count Cell prior to his last Zenkay power), it's only logical that with a bit of training his power would multiply.

What actually bothers me is... will Toriyama and Toyotarou be coherent with Freezer's character? I mean, it seems they want to do so (Vegeta mentioned again that Freezer achieved such power in only 4 months, and in the Broly movie he was clearly above the SSJB level of power).
        What wouldn't make any sense is for Freezer to stop increasing his strength when he clearly doesn't have any reasons to stop training.

But considering how he reacted to the KKx20 and when he said that about his father in the fight against Goku, I don't think his father could even fight Freezer's 50% of strength.
        Since his body was clearly not accostumed to fighting at 100% of his strength (in fact, it's commented that this was the first time Freezer had to use it against someone), the 0 training thing can still be true. I mean, I don't considere having to walk from home to work "training" and I'm sure I'm forcing my body more doing that than Freezer casually fighting someone at 50% of his maximum strenght (and until Namek, he spent most of the time in his most weakened form).
        I guess that makes sense. It is just Freiza being able to fight Goku and actually get a few good hits in didn;t make sense to me as Frieza isn't a martial artist like Goku is.

Comment

Originally posted by G.G. View Post

I guess that makes sense. It is just Freiza being able to fight Goku and actually get a few good hits in didn;t make sense to me as Frieza isn't a martial artist like Goku is.
          Well, in DB there's no "punching technique" factor. The difference between a begginer and an expert fighter is reflected through the mastering of their Ki, but once a fighter has X of strength he'll dodge and punch with the same ability as someone else with that same ki power. Werid, but that's how it works in DB.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
          X