Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you liked about Dragon Ball Super

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea fam

Super made me more excited than Z and Z was the show of my childhood

Comment

I love the expanded lore of the God/Kai Hierarchy. Love the God/Blue levels of SSJ, and love how Vegeta is still on par or at least close to Goku, unlike what we got with GT.

The Goku Black arc became my favorite arc in ALL of Dragon Ball. I really loved the mystery behind who Black was and how he came to be.

Comment

I liked the new movie a fair bit. Nothing fantastic but pretty fun and, all things considered, probably the best Dragon Ball film.

And even though I wasn't a fan of the show, I guess I liked the fact there was an all-new weekly Dragon Ball thing being discussed on the internet. It was fun reading people's diverging opinions and discussions about fresh material.
        Last edited by Topographic Oceans; 16-01-2019, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalista View Post
          Yea fam

Care to elaborate why, though?

Comment

Originally posted by PF18 View Post

Care to elaborate why, though?
            The wait for a new Dragon Ball series since GT ended must have contributed to it. There's also when you're watching it week by week, so you tend to theorize and think what happens next.

There's also the worldbuilding it did, namely introducing the god hierarchy and other universes, it has a different feel and atmosphere compared to Z, which I liked more than the one in the latter.

However, I do find that there are some areas Z win in: Namely the fights and tension. The lack of blood in Super makes fight less intense than they were in Z despite Super having a cast of stronger characters, and with Beerus/Whis there and Goku/Vegeta being so strong, coupled with Super happening before Z ended, just removes the tension. In Z there was plenty of it.

So all in all, Super and Z are close but Super manages to edge out.

Comment

The wait for a new Dragon Ball series since GT ended must have contributed to it. There's also when you're watching it week by week, so you tend to theorize and think what happens next.

There's also the worldbuilding it did, namely introducing the god hierarchy and other universes, it has a different feel and atmosphere compared to Z, which I liked more than the one in the latter.

However, I do find that there are some areas Z win in: Namely the fights and tension. The lack of blood in Super makes fight less intense than they were in Z despite Super having a cast of stronger characters, and with Beerus/Whis there and Goku/Vegeta being so strong, coupled with Super happening before Z ended, just removes the tension. In Z there was plenty of it.

So all in all, Super and Z are close but Super manages to edge out.
              So Super's better because of the worldbuilding and atmosphere? Anything else?

Also, I disagree about the fights. I think Super has at least as good of fights. The lack of blood doesn't make a fight inherently worse, either.

Comment

Originally posted by PF18 View Post

So Super's better because of the worldbuilding and atmosphere? Anything else?

Also, I disagree about the fights. I think Super has at least as good of fights. The lack of blood doesn't make a fight inherently worse, either.
                Well, I've liked the characters that super introduced more than Z's. My favorite villain of the entire franchise is Goku Black. Aside from that, no, but the worldbuilding and atmosphere are really, really major factors for me.

The fights aren't bad, Goku vs Jiren is one of my favorite fights, but compared to Z they lack in intensity, especially with the lack of blood. However, this is only an opinion, my favorite fights from the franchise are actually from Super, namely the ToP fights(Goku vs Jiren, Toppo vs Vegeta, Gohan and Frieza vs Dyspo, Goku vs Kefla....etc)

Comment

-I'd credit this more to Battle of Gods than Super itself, but I'll be generous and say Beerus and Whis
                  -The grandiose nature of the Tournament of Power
                  -The baseball episode
                  -The Arale episode
                  -The spectacle after a certain point
                  -Blooma gets a lot to do.
                  -The Time Skip is a fun technique
                  -Goku Black and Zamasu
                  -Gohan and Piccolo training for the Tournament of Power
                  -Episode 131

That's about it, really.

Comment

I think with the Broly movie over, and I've had time to reflect, Super has asserted itself as the better product when compared to Z.

Z's continuity has produced:
                    the two GOAT arcs, a very good arc, and a complete trash arc
                    Super's continuity produced:
                    the GOAT movie, two exceptional arcs, a good arc, a decent arc and a complete trash arc.

for the sake of comparison, OG DB produced:
                    one exceptional arc, 6 great arcs, and a decent arc.

the original Dragon Ball will always be king

Comment

I actually can't think of anything personally. I want to forget its existence in the franchise.

Comment

Don't be gay.

Comment

Hey look a section for super. What a good idea

I liked how it introduced new characters, transformations, villains, a more in-depth plot than new bad guy must fight, and animation style.

z will always have the nostalgia value but super introduced a whole variety of people to the series and anime in general

Comment

Originally posted by Notaka View Post
                            Hey look a section for super. What a good idea

I liked how it introduced new characters, transformations, villains, a more in-depth plot than new bad guy must fight, and animation style.

z will always have the nostalgia value but super introduced a whole variety of people to the series and anime in general
                            Zzzz Super is bad.

Comment

Currently doing a re-watch where I'm trying to to take off the negative lense I had when I originally watched it in the bits and pieces I did.

Vegeta's personality is honestly really good, he's a likable guy while still retaining what makes him Vegeta.

Hit is also pretty cool as well, he's got pretty fun techniques as well.

The narrator gags are actually pretty funny, everything else is kind of hit and miss but the narrator gags are on point.

Comment

If the animation was as good as in the previous series I'd love this show. That said it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be before watching it. Broly's movie was my favorite thing about the series and Goku Black started off well but ended pretty unimaginative as I still can't understand how Trunks beat him.
                                Satisfaction is but a temporary staving off of desire in preparation for more dissatisfaction. Contentment is the elysium between these opposites.

Comment

Working...
                                X