Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you liked about Dragon Ball Super

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you liked about Dragon Ball Super

Now that the forum's back, let's start this new community off with some positivity, alright? :P

“If something can bite you, that's reason enough to fear it.”

For me, the battles were absolutely the best thing about the series. Especially once we got into that Ultra Instinct action. Man, Ultra Instinct Goku vs Jiren is phenomenal and honestly might be favorite fight in the franchise. Black Goku was another brilliant part of the series, I instantly loved the character when introduced. I didn't think I'd like him at all, but dang was I wrong. I had a huge negativity towards Super Saiyan Rosé before it was revealed, but wow I love it. A lot of the series was just enjoyable to watch too. Universe 6 saga was a nice new fresh start and the arcs that follow after are even better imo. Any battle that involved Ultra Instinct (regardless of it's form) are the highlights of the series for me.

Comment

The battles were well choreographed and fun to watch. I liked the art style in certain places aswell. Freeza was a high point towards the end of the series.

Comment

I appreciate the efforts to strive for more originality with respect to the villains. You can criticise and point out the flaws of their execution all day but it's at least an expression of wanting to innovate the franchise some. More to that, like Emmeth and Greeny noted, the fights were enjoyable enough - those that came after the RoF's anime rendering that is. When they took the time to try and go back to a more technicalised collaborative format rather than stay the course of the last few arcs of DBZ, my respect for the show grew. It's not to say there weren't shortcomings or personally undesirable elements to a number of the fights because there were. Honestly, unlike a great number of fans, I'm not a big enthusiast of the Saiyan transformations. Ultra Instinct warrants some acclaim for trying to branch out and be more original, even though both formats seemed to want to prescribe a visual flair to it for Goku so as to give some kind of impressive distinction to his appearance once having achieved it.

Comment

Vegeta's progression to taking a role as a lead hero. We finally got to see him drop some of his toxic pride at the end of the Buu Saga and instead of going back to his old ways he's continued to be a more level-headed and compassionate character, while still being himself. Fans would speculate or write fanfics about his relationship with Bulma, friendship with Goku and his adoption of the Earth as his true home and in Super it's all finally officially come to fruition.
          “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

Comment

I like how it introduces the god hierarchy, expanded Dragon Ball's world(Yes, I admit it was barebones and could be considered wasted potential, but, compared to Z, they have now more options to work with), The fights were one of the top in the series. Most of my favorite villains or characters for that matter are from Super.
            I could go on longer, but its cemented its place as my favorite dragon ball installment.

Comment

I should've added this video in the original post, but here it is anyway

“If something can bite you, that's reason enough to fear it.”

Comment

The tournament of power arc is my favourite arc in the entire franchise. At least in the anime, not so much the manga version.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearin View Post
                  The tournament of power arc is my favourite arc in the entire franchise. At least in the anime, not so much the manga version.
                  What makes you like it so much over, say, other earlier tournament arcs (e.g the Tenkaichi Budokais)?
                  “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Comment

Way too many things to think of off the top of my head. So many quality aspects of this series it is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by wolffanghameha View Post

What makes you like it so much over, say, other earlier tournament arcs (e.g the Tenkaichi Budokais)?
                      Better animation, better fights, better music, more and better characters, better and more hype moments, better use of humour, the battle royale aspect which allowed more team ups and thus character interactions, higher stakes.

Honestly the real question is why would I like the older tournaments more.

Comment

Ultra Instinct is a funny meme.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearin View Post

Better animation, better fights, better music, more and better characters, better and more hype moments, better use of humour, the battle royale aspect which allowed more team ups and thus character interactions, higher stakes.

Honestly the real question is why would I like the older tournaments more.
                          I can't really remember any single joke in the ToP and the fights have far less complex action than in the 21st or 22nd Budokai. Most of the fights come down to power ups, rather than outsmarting each other with techniques or movement. There are some good characters, but they aren't any better developed than Nam or Tenshinhan. The stakes are higher, but there's no sense of urgency or emotional distress from the characters, aside from Vegeta getting mad about Universe 6 disappearing and Gohan having one slightly sympathetic moment when he sees a photo of another fighter's family - which is still a far cry from the compassion he showed throughout Z, which leads me to how other characters' behaviours and abilities don't even make sense when you compare them to Z. Goku doesn't care about entire universes being wiped out and lacks his fighting intelligence that he displayed throughout the original series, Vegeta is random;y totally fine teaming up with Freeza, despite Freeza being responsible for so much of his suffering and Roshi is randomly as strong as Krillin now.

Comment

A lot more than I gave it credit for, actually. Week to week, it didn't really stand up on its own as an anime. But if I were to binge watch it today? It's better than I gave it credit for! :P
                            Brother! Your crusade IS OVER!!

NO...!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vitalista View Post
                              I like how it introduces the god hierarchy, expanded Dragon Ball's world(Yes, I admit it was barebones and could be considered wasted potential, but, compared to Z, they have now more options to work with), The fights were one of the top in the series. Most of my favorite villains or characters for that matter are from Super.
                              I could go on longer, but its cemented its place as my favorite dragon ball installment.
                              Your favorite installment of Dragon Ball? As in, above Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z? That's surprising.

Comment

Working...
                              X