Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should they go with Freeza?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should they go with Freeza?

With how they have made Freeza, in my eyes, a more open-ended character in terms of allegiance, where should they go with Freeza if they continue Super, either in manga, anime or movies?

I'll give a few examples:

1. Go back to his sadistic nature of being a space 'emperor', which includes plans to kill both Goku and Vegeta so he can reign supreme.
    2. A more passive 'minding his own business' attitude where he leaves Goku, Vegeta and Earth alone with the possible exception of gathering the dragon ball (much like he did in Super: Broly)
    3. Becoming an anti-hero showing the deep impact hell had on him, he definitely never wants to go back so a change in personality is needed. He'll help the Earth's heroes reluctantly with threats and the like.
    4. Full-on hero, much like Vegeta, where he joins the heroes and becomes an integral part of it due to his power. If Vegeta can be forgiven for being responsible for killing Yamcha, Chaozu, Ten and Piccolo, why can't Freeza be forgiven for basically the same sins?

I wouldn't want Freeza to become a main bad guy for the third time, and I certainly don't want him as a good guy. I doubt the people in charge of Dragon Ball would want that, either.

The third and more likely option is having him quietly trying to rebuild his empire, occasionally bumping into Goku and Vegeta again in some wacky adventure. A few problems would need to be worked out, though: first off, he can't simply become Lex Luthor from the Super Friends cartoon, always escaping in the end but promising he'll return while shaking his fist in anger. There's also the question of why Goku and co would allow him to just do whatever. And he can't simply stay there on the sidelines rebuilding his empire forever; that'd need to have some narrative pay-off eventually, but that would circle back to the first option, which is Freeza as the main villain for the third time, which I think should be avoided.

I can't think of a single way of keeping Freeza around that works. But they're certainly not killing him again. I'm afraid the Lex Luthor from Super Friends route is what they'll be going with.

Comment

1 or 2, but I would appreciate if he would fake 3 or 4 to fool the z-warriors and take them by surprise.

Comment

Freeza stll wants to kill them, still commits genocide (like at the end of Broly) and for some reason doesn't fear Hell. He really should since he's actually spent around 15 years trapped there. In fact, Freeza should logically want to wish for immortality even more than he did in the Namek saga. Vegeta wants to kill him but for some reason Gogeta let him go. Freeza can't become a good guy, he might be more careful now (although he was lucky Gogeta didn't kill him, he did nothing to prevent his demise there) but he's still the same bad guy. He could become a reluctant ally again against a bigger threat but Earth's heroes are letting him do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't threaten Earth... which is really selfish. I think he will need to become the main threat again at some point, even if it's not just him. The only kind of new option is Freeza teaming up with another villain to kill Goku and Vegeta and maybe even being the final threat that way. Freeza does now know that fusion exists and still wants to gain control over Broly. Freeza's problem now might be that he is aware of his own trump card he can always use against they saiyans, blowing up the planet. However, he's not aware that he already tried that and was thwarted, so he's not aware that Goku and Vegeta may be pepared for that. Though really, against Broly, Freeza could have destroyed the planet whilst Goku and Vegeta wee learning to fuse and it would have removed his problems then and there unless Whis reversed it.

For some reason, despite being sent to Hell TWICE and knowing he's destined to end up back there, Freeza still feeds his arrogance and still wants to defeat the saiyans in combat.
        Last edited by superperfectnerd; 14-07-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Kill him again and keep him dead this time.

He doesn't need to go through any kind of arc, he's a fine villain as he is.
          The Mighty Bakuzan

I’m the kind of guy who always liked picking on the weak! That’s the true reason why I searched for strength. Man, it feels so good to admit this!

Comment

Make him into an Hakaishin candidate. It's the most logical method to ensure his safety if you ask me, especially if Freeza is able to satisfy the Zenos and Daishinkan with his work. I doubt many of us want to see Freeza become a benevolent do-gooder but a scheming manipulative "sort-of" neutralish enforcer for the gods might be workable. Such a pursuit would put Goku and Vegeta into a quandary as their desire to stop Freeza would see themselves at odds with the gods and angels. Goku could always leverage the good terms he has with Zeno but if Freeza made for an effective Hakaishin that was actually able to raise their universe's rank then would it really be advantageous to turn a blind eye to this loss of such a valuable Hakaishin? We know Zeno has limits to his tolerance even when it comes to Goku as Whis candidly told him when Goku proposed the idea of going back to Zeno's palace and requesting that he cease his plans of erasing the universes.

Becoming an Hakaishin seems to come packaged with a greatly enhanced lifespan as well. Freeza's desire for immortality would fit well into this perk. It could also give him time to maybe have his empire research the possibilities of eternal life.

Comment

They should make him the new Pilaf. Always causing trouble but it never works out for him.

I think any of the options you said are possible tbh. I'm not sure which one they'll go for.
              <a href=https://66.media.tumblr.com/a778744563b75011121936a823684030/tumblr_psl1u83vEI1qgwefso5_500.gif target=_blank>https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7787445...wefso5_500.gif</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Thiln View Post
                Make him into an Hakaishin candidate. It's the most logical method to ensure his safety if you ask me, especially if Freeza is able to satisfy the Zenos and Daishinkan with his work. I doubt many of us want to see Freeza become a benevolent do-gooder but a scheming manipulative "sort-of" neutralish enforcer for the gods might be workable. Such a pursuit would put Goku and Vegeta into a quandary as their desire to stop Freeza would see themselves at odds with the gods and angels. Goku could always leverage the good terms he has with Zeno but if Freeza made for an effective Hakaishin that was actually able to raise their universe's rank then would it really be advantageous to turn a blind eye to this loss of such a valuable Hakaishin? We know Zeno has limits to his tolerance even when it comes to Goku as Whis candidly told him when Goku proposed the idea of going back to Zeno's palace and requesting that he cease his plans of erasing the universes.

Becoming an Hakaishin seems to come packaged with a greatly enhanced lifespan as well. Freeza's desire for immortality would fit well into this perk. It could also give him time to maybe have his empire research the possibilities of eternal life.
                I like this very much, I didn't even think of the possibility of Freeza being a potential God of Destruction.

Comment

Hadn't considered that either. Having Freeza aim for the role of God of Destruction is something they might go with... gives him a clearly defined goal that makes sense for the character and avoids having him become the comedy villain who turns up again and again and whose plans are foiled every time.

Only problem is that like with the "rebuilding his empire" option, it'd have to pay off somehow, leading into a third Freeza arc. Which is totally something Toei would do given the character's popularity but, man... having the same main antagonist three times in serialized fiction based on constant progression and "leveling up" is kinda wonky.

Comment

Originally posted by Topographic Oceans View Post
                    Only problem is that like with the "rebuilding his empire" option, it'd have to pay off somehow, leading into a third Freeza arc. Which is totally something Toei would do given the character's popularity but, man... having the same main antagonist three times in serialized fiction based on constant progression and "leveling up" is kinda wonky.
                    Hello, Marvel & DC.

Comment

Working...
                    X