Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Change Anything About GT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Change Anything About GT...

What would it be?

Honestly, I would omit the Super #17 Arc.

Preferably erase it from existence along with Super.

But if I had to rewrite it, I'd kill Goku off with the wish that originally turned him into a child. Goku's story already ended with him defeating Boo and he became a Roshi-like figure who wants to raise and train the next generation, no need to sour all of that by turning that into Goku Time. I'd instead get Piccolo in on the journey to gather the BSDBs since it was technically his fault that the balls came into existence. Other than that, I'd also get rid of the Super 17 arc and expand the scale of the Shadow Dragons arc to cover all of the universe, including corrupting the Namekian Dragon Balls so that the heroes don't just have a get out of jail free card in case they lose.

Comment

Yeah, I would also make Goten, Trunks, Oob, Pan, and Bulla all the main characters. I would turn Bulla into a fighter too.

Comment

I would make it canon.

Comment

I think the pacing of the series could have been done better, most notably the Super 17 arc. I suppose you could just try to omit the entire saga, like someone else said earlier. However, if you have to have it, I think it would be best for it to be more of a fleshed out saga, because to me it felt about as significant as the Garlic Jr storyline in the anime of DBZ. I think with another set of changes GT could have certainly been more of a celebrated series and such.

Comment

The Garlic Junior Saga was far better than Super #17 though, and it was even better than GT, and by extension Super.

Comment

imho its perfect i wouldnt change anything about it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm normally the kind of reader and watcher of Manga and Anime that wouldn't change a single thing about the source material. But like I said in the opening post, I would only omit the Super #17 Arc, as that is one of the worst Story Arcs in any Manga or Anime.

Comment

Goku being a kid again, hell I would've just gone the route of Goku being wished out of existence by Pilaf, then everyone else has to step up and be Earth's protector. I also would've changed how most of the Evil Shenlongs turned out because they just turned out to be more of a monster of the week sort of thing, instead of being really interesting. The only real interesting ones were Ice, Nova, and Syn. I would've taken away Syn's spikes and shortened his horns by several inches, and then given him all of that once he absorbed the Dragon Balls. I remember making a Thread like this many years ago, way before going to Tapatalk.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/drag...en-t46323.html

Comment

I would also change the English Dub. Drastically at that. LOL.

Comment

Yeah, the Funimation Dub really screws things up. It takes things completely out of context, and outright changes characters completely. Look at Vegeta, in the Japanese Dub Vegeta is over Goku and is only about testing and pushing his own limits, and getting stronger. In the Funimation Dub, his character takes a step back and is back to him once again wanting to surpass Goku.

Comment

Pan also has a much worse personality in the English Dub, LOL. That's why she has so many haters.

Comment

Very true, I'm a big fan of Japanese Dub Pan, but I absolutely hate English Dub Pan. Gill is more tolerable for me in the Japanese Dub, but I still don't care for him all that much. But they wanted to go back to old-school Dragon Ball, so they clearly that Eighter like dynamic. So I understand why he's there and written that way, but it never really worked for me.

Comment

Dragon Ball was also small scale in battle powers. These guys can blow up planets. No need for them to avoid fighting so much in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga.

Comment

Exactly! They tired way too hard in taking the original Dragon Ball formula and scale it up to the whole Universe.

Comment

Working...
                              X