Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you liked about Dragon Ball GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen it be discussed here yet, but I was having a discussion with some friends yesterday and a few weeks ago about the way GT goes about combat. Instead of focusing on a fast paced style that emphasizes the speed of combat. You'll find that in GT they opted for a slower pace, there's more emphasis on singular strikes, couple this with some really meaty sounding fx for impact, it makes GT overall feel more powerful in the sense of outright fighting. Where punches from these guys absolutely feel world shattering. Which isn't to say Super doesn't have any moments like this but they're few and far in-between and you end up with the narrator or side characters having to tell you something hurt after a quick barrage rather than actually showing the pain in that moment.

Here are some examples in GT that I can remember.

https://imgur.com/gHVBfK3.gif

https://imgur.com/gPKQ1Zq.gif

https://imgur.com/Y1YaeZA.gif

Obviously there are more like the tons of battles during the Shadow Dragons arc and such. I kind of hope once the anime returns that they might consider slowing the pace down juuuust a bit? It'd be nice to have some power shown in the combat beyond spending copious amounts of time fawning over a single punch's effects from annoying side characters or spending half an episode showing shockwaves.

Comment

I guess I like Toriyama's design for the spaceship and his early concept art of the characters in alien worlds. If only the actual show had matched the tone and style of those illustrations in any way...

Comment

I liked the ending, especially that, well, there was one. Ending on GT would have been better than continuing on as a shambling corpse. But I like the idea of Goku trying to take responsibility and deciding it's his time to go for the sake of keeping Earth safe.

I like the idea of Baby and for a race genocided by the Saiyans getting payback.

I like the idea of the Black Star Dragon Balls; that something that the heroes have grown dependent on has turned on them and reaping what you sow.

Like regardless of the execution, they're great concepts for drama.

I like how Gogeta is very playful. It made his fight entertaining.

I like having another Dragon Ball hunt. It was treading old ground, but it'd be such a long time that was it was still fun and refreshing.

I like the music. The Japanese GT soundtrack is excellent.

SSJ4 is more visually striking and distinctive than a new hair color. It also has a nice thematic element, tieing back into Saiyans as a concept and the original transformation of the series.

Comment

The only thing that i really like about IT it's the fact that they actually tried to show the characters as more mature than the ones in DBZ.

I mean, if you look at DBS it's clear that they have simply taken the most "popular" character design (Vegeta during the cell saga, Krilin when he was bald, Tunks and Goten during the Bu saga) not caring about the timeline and the age progression.

Comment

Working...
          X