Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

No topic, so I figured I'd make one since it's one of the few Dragon Ball related things trending right now.

Posted the trailer if you've yet to see it.

I feel mostly positive about the game, it's interesting that they're going for more RPG than fighting. Combat seems to flow in their common 3D style and should be the same as all games. But they've combined that with an open world with much more you can do. I wish they'd start at the beginning of Dragon Ball, but there will be many side missions where they reference Dragon Ball I'm assuming. We know both Eighter and Nam make an appearance in it. Goku is the only playable character and I don't think we know about any skins/costumes yet. I would assume there would be since this is RPG and Goku goes through a few outfits in DBZ.

I imagine the game would go to the end of the Buu arc, but I think we've only seen it go up to about the Frieza arc. It's hard to know right now. We also know that there will be some additional stories not told in the manga as Toriyama says it, so it's possible these could be canon stories, that'll certainly be interesting. I also saw that you can fish with Goku's tail, lol. For whatever reason, Goku apparently has his tail in this game and pulls it out for fishing.

Anyways, the more that's revealed about the game the more I end up wanting it. Wasn't really wanting it right away, but I definitely do now. And from the looks of things the game developers are good. I can't remember the name, but one of the developers (and I think they're the main one developing the game) are the ones that make the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games. So that's good.

Yeah, I think it looks promising. I wish they'd do a proper RPG where you play as all the Z-fighters at one point or another in the story, but I get that Goku is the most popular character in the franchise.

Comment

You will be able to use Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo as well as a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
        You will be able to use Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo as well as a few others.
        Really? I didn't know that. Is that new news?

Comment

Its relatively new, yes. I don't remember all the details but Goku won't be the ONLY character we play as. Also, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu will be support characters.

Comment

Awesome, that makes me happy to hear.

Comment

Comment

The game is very broken right now. So unless you have the patience for crashes, lots of long loading screens and annoying glitches then I'd suggest holding off until its on sale. The amount of times I've had to go back to the world map because my character forgot he could fly. Or the infamous bug where you can't speak to Nappa if you've already triggered a seperate event in the same area. (There is thankfully a work around) Or how tiny Namek is, how some characters who were weak in the show are now the most difficult to win against, (Dodoria and Guldo) Or a 5 minute loading screen followed by a 30 second cutscene followed by another five minute loading screen.

Yeah it's an interesting experience right now.
                http://familyresearched.co.uk/

Comment

I didn't even really notice how bad loading was ever tbh. I never experienced any issues either.

Anyways, this was a fun game but pretty darn easy. I got the game on the day it was released and then got 100% trophy completion on Wednesday. It was a fun and beautiful game, very cool to see the DBZ world in open world. Lots of updates could make the game better and there's lots of hope in sequels. I'll probably get the DLCs. And if anyone was wondering, it took me about 34 hours to get 100% trophy completion if you wanted to know how much time it would take if you're considering buying it at some point. It was like 28 hours to beat the main storyline while still doing side quests along the way. There are still some things I never got around to doing, but I can't imagine it would ever reach 40 hours. Imo there isn't enough content in the game, but my opinion on how long a game should be has changed somewhat recently.

Comment

I'm 40 hours in and I haven't reached the Buu Saga yet. I tend to get sidetracked looking for D medals. I can be flying around for ages trying to find them all.

Comment

Definitely one of the better games to come out recently. A lot of people think it's "retelling the same story again" but it's actually letting you relive it again, which is far better in my opinion. Absolutely love it!

Comment

I got all the achivements yesterday. I appreciate a game where this is straight forward and doesn't require multiple playthroughs and hundreds of multiplayer sessions to do. My final time was 58 hours. I could have easily wasted less of that time looking for D-medals which in the end I didn't even need.

Comment

Working...
                        X