Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

No topic, so I figured I'd make one since it's one of the few Dragon Ball related things trending right now.

Posted the trailer if you've yet to see it.

I feel mostly positive about the game, it's interesting that they're going for more RPG than fighting. Combat seems to flow in their common 3D style and should be the same as all games. But they've combined that with an open world with much more you can do. I wish they'd start at the beginning of Dragon Ball, but there will be many side missions where they reference Dragon Ball I'm assuming. We know both Eighter and Nam make an appearance in it. Goku is the only playable character and I don't think we know about any skins/costumes yet. I would assume there would be since this is RPG and Goku goes through a few outfits in DBZ.

I imagine the game would go to the end of the Buu arc, but I think we've only seen it go up to about the Frieza arc. It's hard to know right now. We also know that there will be some additional stories not told in the manga as Toriyama says it, so it's possible these could be canon stories, that'll certainly be interesting. I also saw that you can fish with Goku's tail, lol. For whatever reason, Goku apparently has his tail in this game and pulls it out for fishing.

Anyways, the more that's revealed about the game the more I end up wanting it. Wasn't really wanting it right away, but I definitely do now. And from the looks of things the game developers are good. I can't remember the name, but one of the developers (and I think they're the main one developing the game) are the ones that make the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games. So that's good.

Yeah, I think it looks promising. I wish they'd do a proper RPG where you play as all the Z-fighters at one point or another in the story, but I get that Goku is the most popular character in the franchise.

Comment

You will be able to use Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo as well as a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
        You will be able to use Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo as well as a few others.
        Really? I didn't know that. Is that new news?

Comment

Its relatively new, yes. I don't remember all the details but Goku won't be the ONLY character we play as. Also, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu will be support characters.

Comment

Awesome, that makes me happy to hear.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X