Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Ball What-If Story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Ball What-If Story.

I actually fully planned something out for once, with Paramountcy I didn't plan anything out and just wrote what came to mind. With this I actually planned this out most of the way.

This is a What-If story made up of several What-If's, which covers all of Z, Super and GT. These are the What-If's I'm using so far, I'll be updating my list when I get to Super, then GT, but that is what I have so far.

1. What-If: Piccolo became an ally at the end of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai.
    2. What-If: Goku married Bulma.
    3. What-If: Gohan and Goten were twins.
    4. What-If: Raditz turned good.
    5. What-If: Kami wished for his youth and trained.
    6. What-If: Goku killed Frieza on Namek.
    7. What-If: Maron was canon, but she ended up with Vegeta.
    8. What-If: Trunks was born two years earlier.
    9. What-If: Mirai Trunks still showed up.
    10. What-If: Bulma took King Cold's ship back to Capsule Corp. and used all that technology instead of destroy it.
    11. What-If: Frieza's Galactic Empire, turned into a Galactic Trade after King Cold's death.
    12. What-If: Goku took the Heart Virus Medicine when he was supposed to.
    13. What-If: Bulma takes all of Dr. Gero's blueprints, spare parts, and other non-active technology back to Capsule Corp.
    14. What-If: Bulma reprogrammed No.16.
    15. What-If: Gohan learns and controls Ascended Super Saiyajin before the Cell Games.
    16. What-If: Goku didn't die at the Cell Games.
    17. What-If: The cameras didn't break at the Cell Games.
    18. What-If: Shin confronted everyone before the Tenkaichi Budokai.
    19. What-If: Fat Boo wasn't the Boo that was released.
    20. What-If: Gohan still became Ultimate.
    21. What-If: Events in Z that were changed in Super, instead happened exactly the way we were told in Z instead.
    Last edited by Saberoph; 12-10-2019, 06:10 PM.

"13. What-If: Bulma takes all of Dr. Gero's blueprints, spare parts, and other non-active technology back to Capsule Corp."
    Y'know, I really like this one. I think it depends on the type of technology she has, I think she could make a couple androids with some of the spare parts and non-active technology. But out of all of these I feel that, knowing how smart bulma is she could try to read the blueprints and take all of the bombs out of them, and try to reprogram them to be good.
    As for the other questions, I'd need to think about them.

Comment

Well, all of those What-If's are part of a large What-If story that I'm writing, but some of them could very well change because I don't think the stakes are high enough for it to be believable after a certain point.

Comment

These are all fairly interesting What Ifs, especially 2. In most other stories, you'd think that's how the story would've turned out. Male protag meets and bonds with female protag? Love ensues!

Comment

Yeah, and at the end of Dragon Ball, Toriyama did sort of plant the seeds with Bulma's reaction to Goku all grown up, and how she kind of lingered on it, and had she not waited around and just said something to Goku when she realized how she felt, the Chi-Chi revelation would've had a completely different outcome.

Comment

Have you watched any of MasakoX's what if videos by chance? If so, what do you think of them?

Comment

A lot has changed since I posted this, I've been writing this for a while now, and have been posting it on Deviantart. Some of these What It's were taken out of my rewrite and some were changed as to when they happen. So here's my current list.

1. What-If: Piccolo became a shaky ally at the end of the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai.
              2. What-If: Goku married Bulma.
              3. What-If: Raditz turned good.
              4. What-If: Goku killed Frieza on Namek.
              5. What-If: Bulma took King Cold's ship back to Capsule Corp. and used all that technology instead of destroying it.
              6. What-If: Frieza's Galactic Empire, turned into a Galactic Trade after King Cold's death.
              7. What If: Kami wished for his youth.
              8. What-If: Goku took the Heart Virus Medicine when he was supposed to.
              9. What-If: Bulma takes all of Dr. Gero's blueprints, spare parts, and other non-active technology back to Capsule Corp.
              10. What-If: Bulma reprogrammed No.16.
              12. What-If: The cameras didn't break at the Cell Games.
              12. What-If: Fat Boo wasn't the Boo that was released.
              13. What-If: Gohan still became Ultimate.
              14. What-If: Events in Z that were changed in Super, instead of happened exactly the way we were told in Z instead.

Have you watched any of MasakoX's what if videos by chance? If so, what do you think of them?
              Yes, I have, and that's where I got What If #2 and 3 from. I enjoy them, but the issues I have with his What If's are the same problems I have with most other What If's. Relying too much on the fail Anime logic, and way over-relying on Zenkais to get the Saiyajins where they need them to be...even worse than Toriyama. I realize it's their What If, but it still bugs me.
              Last edited by Saberoph; 03-06-2021, 12:17 AM.

Comment

The Zenkais were never really that prominent in the Manga outside of the Freeza Saga, anyway.

Comment

Very true, because they were a plot device to power everyone up for Freeza and his forces, along with Guru's Potential Unlock. Also, in the Manga there's been no recorded Zenkia since Namek, but it just makes if you just take them away after each Saiyajin unlocks SSJ.

Comment

I feel like Super Perfect Cell is the only real Zenkai after the Freeza Saga.

Comment

He is. I keep forgetting to include him, because when I say no recorded Zenkais, I'm always talking about the true Saiyajins lol.

in the Anime it's heavily implied many times they kept happening after that, but in Toriyama's original source material and intent. Even in the Boo arc after Kibito heals Gohan, Gohan says he feels stronger afterwards in the Anime, but in the Manga the opposite is implied. Right before Kibito finishes healing Gohan, he thinks he may not be able to fully restore his power.

Now, I don't think Gohan is at only half his power or anything, because that would be a little ridiculous, and if that was the case then something would've been said after the healing. I will say that he's more than likely at 90-95% of his max though. Besides, if you went that route of him being that weakened,, then it makes Dabra look like a complete chump.

Comment

Perhaps he is also referring to his Cell Games power.

Comment

I have Dabra around Cell Games Goku, you can go a little stronger. Because in the Manga Gohan is drawn as just SSJ in his fight with him. The Anime tried making him look SSJ2, but it's in the Manga, and the guidebooks are only really useful when they don't contradict the Manga either.

What's your favorite What If?

Comment

I'm usually not a fan of deceased characters hypothetically surviving and becoming protagonists, but my personal favorite what if is Raditz and Nappa not being killed and joining the Z Warriors since they're both Saiyans. Especially Raditz since he's Goku's brother and Gohan's and Goten's uncle.

Comment

I never bought Nappa turning good, or being domesticated, at least not the way MasakoX did it. Clearly I'm a fan of If Raditz turned good lol.

with him being Goku's brother, there's a lot of different ways that can be played out. And if low class really doesn't mean anything, then Raditz being around would make at least Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and himself stronger than their canon selves all through the series.

Comment

Working...
                              X