Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English translation of Gogeta-Vegito comparison from 1995 Shonen Jump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English translation of Gogeta-Vegito comparison from 1995 Shonen Jump

Kanzenshuu recently released a translation of a segment from the 28th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump Issue from 1995. In it, Gogeta and Vegito are compared. This issue of WSJ came out shortly after the manga ended.

Most interestingly, it claims:

"Unifying the spirits of the two strongest rivals and merging them together, Fusion has better balance and is able to draw their power out to the max!! Therefore, if it is a short match of thirty minutes or less, then Gogeta should win, while if it is a long battle, then Vegetto should win!!"

Unfortunately, there is no author listed, so we cannot know if this piece was produced by someone in Toriyama's writing team or not.

The full translation can be found here:
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translatio...j-wing-act-15/
    “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

I wouldn't give much credence to an outside source from the original manga, especially for one for an unknown writer from a magazine.

Comment

Well at least this confirms they can fight for longer than 30 minutes lol

Good stamina, amirite?
      Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Yeh, a lot longer than what we saw in movie 12
        “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Comment

Didn't Toriyama himself state the pottara earrings are stronger thus Vegito would be as well?
          Satisfaction is but a temporary staving off of desire in preparation for more dissatisfaction. Contentment is the elysium between these opposites.

Comment

Yeah but it wouldn't be the first time the man has contradicted himself
            Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

Hmm. What makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by wolffanghameha View Post
                Hmm. What makes you say that?
                If you want examples, I'm afraid there's too many to pick from lol
                Bear?

The King of Bears!

Comment

I wouldn’t think too much of those jump magazine articles. They aren’t supported by and sometimes contradict the manga and daizenshuu which is actually approved by toriyama. This 1995 article is saying gogeta is stronger for some bull**** reason they pulled out of their ass and nowadays while promoting the Broly movie it says they are equal. Tf? No. Manga and daizenshuu say vegito is stronger and it hasn’t been contradicted yet or I don’t think it has at least

Comment

People wanted so badly for Gogeta to be Vegetto's equal because he's made from the same people and he's cool as hell. The manga didn't come right out and state Potara was stronger than Fusion Dance, and the Daizenshuu are stupid, so there was nothing concrete to shut that theory down. But low and behold, that page from a 1995 Jump issue said Gogeta was actually the stronger of the two within a thirty minute window, and now it's saying they're absolutely equal, which is contradicting but who cares. Two Jump pages trump the manga and a direct confirmation from the guidebooks, because people want it that way. If you don't accept these Jump scans, you're biased against Gogeta and ignoring fact. Another Jump page could come out next year claiming Vegetto is the ultimate fusion, obviously including the likes of Gogeta, and those same people would ignore it or twist it to mean he's the ultimate fusion when it comes to fashion.

These scans mean nothing to me. Vegetto will always be superior (stronger) to Gogeta in my book until Toriyama himself claims otherwise (or Toyotaro, I guess?), or Dragon Ball Super guidebooks confirm Gogeta's equality.

Comment

Ok, so I'm not the smartest person but he might know the Kamehameha because coten taught him or he learned for experience. Because we all know that he has used the kamehameha in the Broly Second-Coming movie were Goten and trunks used the "Friend Kamehameha". It was not the best move since it really just shot ki blast.

Comment

Working...
                      X