Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement.
Please register if you would like to take part.

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English translation of Gogeta-Vegito comparison from 1995 Shonen Jump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English translation of Gogeta-Vegito comparison from 1995 Shonen Jump

Kanzenshuu recently released a translation of a segment from the 28th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump Issue from 1995. In it, Gogeta and Vegito are compared. This issue of WSJ came out shortly after the manga ended.

Most interestingly, it claims:

"Unifying the spirits of the two strongest rivals and merging them together, Fusion has better balance and is able to draw their power out to the max!! Therefore, if it is a short match of thirty minutes or less, then Gogeta should win, while if it is a long battle, then Vegetto should win!!"

Unfortunately, there is no author listed, so we cannot know if this piece was produced by someone in Toriyama's writing team or not.

The full translation can be found here:
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translatio...j-wing-act-15/
    “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Kamikaze Pyro is a girl? olsiw

I wouldn't give much credence to an outside source from the original manga, especially for one for an unknown writer from a magazine.

Comment

Well at least this confirms they can fight for longer than 30 minutes lol

Good stamina, amirite?

"Who else is in here?"
      "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Yeh, a lot longer than what we saw in movie 12
        “Planets are just places for people to stand on. Planets are just rocks. It takes people to make it a world. You can have as many “Earths” as you want. I only care about what’s inside.” – Sakamoto Tatsuma

Comment

Didn't Toriyama himself state the pottara earrings are stronger thus Vegito would be as well?
          Satisfaction is but a temporary staving off of desire in preparation for more dissatisfaction. Contentment is the elysium between these opposites.

Comment

Yeah but it wouldn't be the first time the man has contradicted himself

"Who else is in here?"
            "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Hmm. What makes you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by wolffanghameha View Post
                Hmm. What makes you say that?
                If you want examples, I'm afraid there's too many to pick from lol

"Who else is in here?"
                "Just us, monsters."

Comment

Working...
                X